Brexit, for once some facts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
People say I've got diamonds on the soles of my shoes.

Well that's one way isn't it?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Editing Mr Bell. End of the day I'm not going to publish my honours on here as it is the internet and I do not wish my personal information to be harvested as if it were a simple crop of potatoes.

I care nothing if you believe me or not.

But the one thing I am not is a liar.

If only everyone was like that.
Indeed, but then you support the biggest liar, which doesn't improve your credibility or judgement, and in fact you have lied in the past, as a for instance attributing your assertion of a million viewers of this thread to me.
Which was in fact an example of your editing the truth.
Your response is much the same as the government makes over releasing information, odd coincidence there, don't you think?
Perhaps you could spare us unsubstantiated claims of glory in future?

And here's a thing, you fear your own data being harvested like a simple crop of potatoes, and yet support the Referendum result gained by the employment of targetted advertising using "data harvested like a simple crop of potatoes"

There's a moral there somewhere, that you fear something applied to you that you don't hesitate to commend as a fair practice on everyone else if it gains a win for leave.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Not a lot truth be told.

But it was fun at the time.

And it's funny to bring it up every now and again. For whatever reason people know what that industry award is. Whether its more important than toilet salesman of the year is up for debate.

And one I would not wish to get involved in. I generally think most if not all honours are a big **** unless it's military or health based. Science too actually.
Who's the Toilet salesman? with an award for being toilet salesman of the year?, once again you lie, no one on here ever had that job or got that award.
And in another post profess you never lie.
That is why your word is worth nothing, you rely on people giving you the benefit of the doubt when you make a claim of success.
Since I am a charitable person , congratulations assuming they are deserved.

Last edited:
Reactions: 50Hertz

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

The government has misunderstood the science on the safety of chlorinated chicken, a group of senior food policy experts has said.

It has also failed to give watertight commitments that it would not be sold here after a no-deal Brexit, they warn.

The experts have written to all MPs to warn that the British public is being “softened up” to accept chlorinated chicken and other food produced under US safety standards, despite it posing a danger to health.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/13/science-on-safety-of-chlorinated-chicken-misunderstood

Near the end:
“We have been clear that any future deal with the US must work for UK consumers, farmers and companies. Without exception, imports will meet our stringent food safety standards. After EU exit, the UK will decide how we set and maintain our own standards and regulations.”

Of course, if we have torn up our standards and introduced different, lower standards, saying that imports will meet them doesn't mean very much, does it?

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In the Telegraph this morning
"
Boris Johnson urged by Cabinet allies to ask for Brexit extension rather than disobey the law and risk Corbyn in No 10

Cue comments about Chickens?
What happened to Corbyn being unelectable?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
They appear to have gone mad in the Express
"
Iain Duncan Smith breaks Privy Council code to make surprising Yellowhammer revelation
FORMER Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith made a surprising revelation about the Operation Yellowhammer document, claiming it is “very much a back of an envelope job.”
Iain Duncan Smith has lashed out at the documents, claiming the UK Government didn’t “at any stage” talk to European authorities while writing the papers. The former Work and Pensions Secretary told LBC: “It is five pages long, okay. People think this is some kind of incredible, worthy document, it’s not. What it is was a bunch of officials told ‘go and have a look at what you think could be reasonably the worst-case scenario’.
What he is forgetting is it was put together from a document 35 pages long under the control of Johnson's Government!
And here they are trying to discredit this latest bodge as due to remainers?
Why would they release it as an official document they have created?
This government is utterly inept at best, evil at worst.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Oh Glory Be! In the Daily Mail
Has the DUP offered Boris Johnson a Brexit lifeline? Party 'drops its objections to some border checks across the Irish Sea' in dramatic shift of the red lines that sank Theresa May
  • The DUP said it would drop its objection to regulatory checks in the Irish Sea
  • The party agreed to accept abiding by some European Union rules post-Brexit
  • In return Brussels would have to drop insistence NI remains in customs union

How much was the Bribe this time?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How the Government is preparing businesses for Brexit
https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/shelagh-fogarty/british-business-owner-government-advised-eu/
British Business Owner: Government Advised Us To Move Company To The EU
“An individual who came to see us from the Department of International Trade, from the local branch. They gave us some advice and said that in the circumstances, setting up an EU company for us would be of great benefit.

“Which is a shame because that means that they are willing to lose our tax revenue and our business to the EU.”

• Informative

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Oh Glory Be! In the Daily Mail
Has the DUP offered Boris Johnson a Brexit lifeline? Party 'drops its objections to some border checks across the Irish Sea' in dramatic shift of the red lines that sank Theresa May
  • The DUP said it would drop its objection to regulatory checks in the Irish Sea
  • The party agreed to accept abiding by some European Union rules post-Brexit
  • In return Brussels would have to drop insistence NI remains in customs union

How much was the Bribe this time?
I suspect no bribe. What you need to appreciate is that the DUP climbed out on a branch and started sawing it off . Their stance was highly unpopular in NI,who very rightly are concerned that the economy will collapse. While a majority in NI are satisfied to remain in Union with the UK,the DUP miscalculated or were blinded to the reality that they are not united on other things.
They know that an election is coming,and they could be wiped out,for things they are guilty of. The failure of NI Assembly is primarily their fault, the Cash for Ash is totally their fault

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
  • Informative

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
. What you need to appreciate is that the DUP climbed out on a branch and started sawing it off .
polls suggest that the majority of NI on both sides supports a soft brexit.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The Pound climbs strongly today. $1.244

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
The people responsible for this mess are the remainers who weakened the government's hand and showed a divided front.
So you are saying that we need to present a very real threat that we will leave the EU without a deal in the hope that will scare them into offering a better deal than May’s deal?

Ok, so you are clearly not afraid to leave the EU without a deal. So why should the EU be afraid of no deal if you aren’t? What makes your position superior to that of the EU?

Cue more tumbleweed.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
polls suggest that the majority of NI on both sides supports a soft brexit.
Eh no. The majority overall would prefer no Brexit. A majority in a Unionist camp would prefer a very very soft Brexit, and decreasing numbers towards harder Brexits. Then finally one comes to very hard line "Republican" agitators who look forward to the chaos,and the opportunities it presents

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Only because there is a suspicion that Brexit deals or cancellation might occur. The DUP statements help.

Anything good is bad right.

You are like comical Ali.

Seriously mate. If you want to be a credible troll you have to sometimes pretend when something good happens you are happy.

People will tire of your English hatred and you will be mocked.

The last thing you want.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Anything good is bad right.

You are like comical Ali.

Seriously mate. If you want to be a credible troll you have to sometimes pretend when something good happens you are happy.

People will tire of your English hatred and you will be mocked.

The last thing you want.
Fingers you never fail to disappoint. Look at the evidence. Sterling DROPs whenever the prospect of NoDeal Crashout looms and Rallys when there is a prospect of a Deal ot cancellation. .. Don't take my word, look at the graph of its performance over 3 years.. there are plenty of websites. Now I am happy to see a temporary Rally ,as it decreases the losses made by Irish Exporters over the last two years.
Now if you think this is a coincidence with the DUP friendly noises, ..well its soft the wool grows on ye..

Advertisers