Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Goldsmith Street development in Norwich where heating bills could be as little as £ 150 a year for homes kitted out with a mechanical ventilation heat recovery system.

Timber framed homes have insulation pumped into a airtight membrane, to prevent heat loss, with triple-glazed windows.

A heat exchanger takes the heat from warm air, produced by the likes of washing machines, televisions and body heat.

It then transfers that heat to cold air, so that all rooms are a comfortable temperature.

Each property also has a radiator, just in case a boost is needed.

That's an example of some of the higher cost eco housing schemes I mentioned, we have one called BedZed in my area that won awards. Information Link

If you read right down the link you'll also see how green it was, not just in energy but also in materials used to build it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
First thing on Monday Morning Bercow should ask the EU to forward direct to him copies of the letters BJ sent to them, and if they are what we suspect, call for the Master at Arms to Eject Boris from the house pending Court proceedings.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Telegraph
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/19/boris-johnson-refuses-sign-brexit-extension-request-instead/
Boris Johnson refuses to sign Brexit extension request and instead sends photocopy, saying: 'This is not my letter, it's Parliament's'
From the Week
https://www.theweek.co.uk/brexit/103242/can-a-uk-prime-minister-be-arrested

"
The PM is subject to the same laws as everybody else, but as a holder of public office, there are also additional legal requirements upon him.

Misconduct in public office is an offence that carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment. A crime is committed “when the office holder acts (or fails to act) in a way that constitutes a breach of the duties of that office”, says the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).

As a “public officer”, Johnson would be breaching the misconduct law if he fails to comply with the new legislation requesting a Brexit extension.

That means Johnson could be arrested, and ultimately imprisoned, for breaking the new law."

Time to stop messing about.
Get the evidence from Brussels, if he has done this, take him to court and get this done. The control of this country should not be in criminal hands.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Reading again May's deal contained this
"“fundamental rights at work, occupational health and safety, fair working conditions and employment standards ... [the parties] shall ensure that the level of protection provided for by law, regulations and practices is not reduced below the level provided by the common standards applicable within the Union and the United Kingdom”. .

That paragraph is deleted in Boris Johnson's deal.
Any labour MP who votes for it should be deselected.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Unsigned and awkwardly asking EU to get involved to back him.

Hopefully EU will just say you can always withdraw from leaving and leave it at that...
Just a bit of Bojo's bluster.
Bojo will try his best to avoid scrutiny but there is no way that parliament is going to pass his deal without some compromise, likely a second referendum.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Reading again May's deal contained this
"“fundamental rights at work, occupational health and safety, fair working conditions and employment standards ... [the parties] shall ensure that the level of protection provided for by law, regulations and practices is not reduced below the level provided by the common standards applicable within the Union and the United Kingdom”. .

That paragraph is deleted in Boris Johnson's deal.
Any labour MP who votes for it should be deselected.
Corbyn must have powers way beyond those credited to him. He knew all this before reading document. (He dismissed deal 26 mins before no10 published it)
This highlights a glaring error in our system. Are MPs making decisions based on reality and benefit to country or are they doing so in efforts to do maximum damage to government/PM.
I suspect the latter.
For the life of me I cant see a single benefit for Letwin amendment for either side.
Today, we could be leaving on 31st or we could be organising ref2. We are arguing about wether letters have been sent and their content,letters that might be ignored because other letters have followed. Pathetic. All of it.
And to add insult we have Jean Luc Picard organising mass hysteria.
Beam me up Scotty. I, ve had enough.
And BTW, we havent really justified a reason for an extension. EU could turn it down. Had we been asking for an extension because deal had not passed parliament and time was needed for "people's vote" on remain or no deal, EU would have loved to grant an extension. I suspect BJ has outmanouvred remainers,and they dont even realise it.
EU refuse extension? BJ's deal would win?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Corbyn must have powers way beyond those credited to him. He knew all this before reading document. (He dismissed deal 26 mins before no10 published it)
to be fair to Corbyn, most of us knew how Bojo's deal was shaping up thanks to twitter.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This highlights a glaring error in our system. Are MPs making decisions based on reality and benefit to country or are they doing so in efforts to do maximum damage to government/PM.
I suspect the latter.
For the life of me I cant see a single benefit for Letwin amendment for either side.
Today, we could be leaving on 31st or we could be organising ref2. We are arguing about wether letters have been sent and their content,letters that might be ignored because other letters have followed. Pathetic. All of it.
And to add insult we have Jean Luc Picard organising mass hysteria.
Beam me up Scotty. I, ve had enough.
And BTW, we havent really justified a reason for an extension. EU could turn it down. Had we been asking for an extension because deal had not passed parliament and time was needed for "people's vote" on remain or no deal, EU would have loved to grant an extension. I suspect BJ has outmanouvred remainers,and they dont even realise it.
EU refuse extension? BJ's deal would win?
Letwin actually supports Boris's deal. His amendment was to prevent Boris getting the deal passed then saying further talks with the EU had failed and we drop out with no deal on 31 Oct, which is the only reason the ERG will vote for it, as the deal contains agreements on offshore tax fiddles they don't want.
Boris has promised them he will still deliver No deal with a swindle

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
BJ seems to be more successful in building physical bridges than political/social ones. And just think how the garden and Scotland-NI brdges have worked out.

Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Npw here's a thing!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-citizenship-keep-freedom-of-movement-guy-verhofstadt-chief-negotiator-opt-in-passports-a7465271.html

EU negotiators will offer Brits an individual opt-in to remain EU citizens, chief negotiator confirms
The plan would see Brits offered individual “associate citizenship”, letting them keep free movement to live and work across the EU, as well as a vote in European Parliament elections.
The proposal could potentially give Brits who live and work across borders a workaround to the disruption caused by the Leave vote – and young people looking to flee an increasingly isolated UK greater choice over where to move to.

Fascinating: the thin end of the wedge for a return to the EU after Brexit and good news for the young, but bad news for industry to lose our best young talent.
But Brexit isn't for the benefit of business is it? just for the very rich to get richer.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and oyster

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Oh, yes, I forgot twitter. Next time I need to know facts about something I, ll go on there.
Letwin actually supports Boris's deal. His amendment was to prevent Boris getting the deal passed then saying further talks with the EU had failed and we drop out with no deal on 31 Oct, which is the only reason the ERG will vote for it, as the deal contains agreements on offshore tax fiddles they don't want.
Boris has promised them he will still deliver No deal with a swindle
Thats what they want you to think. In reality it means the extension has to be asked for before parliamentary vote. Removes justification for an extension, without which we have to get no deal or BJ's. If it works (they refuse, dont accept extension) BJ has removed "people's vote".???
He was gambling because they might still grant one. He doesnt want an extension to avoid ref2.

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Thats what they want you to think. In reality it means the extension has to be asked for before parliamentary vote. Removes justification for an extension, without which we have to get no deal or BJ's. If it works (they refuse, dont accept extension) BJ has removed "people's vote".???
He was gambling because they might still grant one. He doesnt want an extension to avoid ref2.
How on earth have you come up with that conclusion?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Spotted a couple of tweets where Boris is being referred to by another affectionate nickname
"Spaffer";)

• :D
Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Brexit Party supporters are noted for their hardcore support for British Manufacturing
Here is a selection of their paraphenalia

"A Mirror investigation proved that the official £8 baseball caps sold on the party's website turn out to come from China, while the £24.99 hoodies and £10 t-shirts are both made in Bangladesh, where textile workers are paid as little as 39p an hour.
In other news
"Party chairman Richard Tice made an unwise appearance on Al Jazeera, where he dismissed as "complete nonsense" the suggestion that Leave would be campaigning for a second referendum had they lost the first one 52% to 48%. When reminded that Farage had said in May 2016 "in a 52% to 48% referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way" Tice replied: "I didn't hear him say it." :cool:

Advertisers