Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Only an organisational genius could have come up with the customs situation in that last paragraph
Agreed. And Barclay got it wrong first time.

I suppose this means every tinpot, occasional eBay seller will be affected, as well as bigger traders. (Over the years, I have bought a number of things from eBay sellers located in NI.)

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I'm sure there's more the Express could be concerned about going on in the HoC than Tony Benn impressions...

Part of the reason you are so correct is because of the attitudes of so many of our politicians.
Can you imagine the MD of a major company, a top judge, leading surgeon actually behaving like these idiots actually whilst doing their jobs. Pretty sure I, d have been sacked for doing anything like this whilst leading a meeting. Perhaps its normal behaviour for you Wicky. Perhaps I, ve got old.
Wonder what young Benn thought of it. Then again perhaps he was asleep like Abbott was other day or lazing around with his feet up as Smog was. Its a fecking disgrace.

This lot are all earning a fortune, feathering their nests and are totally incapable of doing their jobs. Not just Bercow, all of them. What do we do. Support the stupid feckers saying what we want to hear. Corbyn is a joke, Boris is a disgrace, Bercow an imbecile. I wouldnt trust any of them to do any task demanding thought, care and responsibility. None of them have any talent or ethics. They are all out for themselves. Every last one of them.
If there are any positives to last 3 years the main one has been the education we, ve all had at the sheer incompetence of those ruling us.
Tell me one you, d trust to act as your solicitor. Imagine Bercow being the head of your grand kids school. Or Boris being your doctor? Or Corbyn being your accountant? Feck me.You, d be locked up, your kids would be wild, you, d be ill all time,probably dying, and bankrupt.
If I went to buy a car off any of them I, d walk away. But here they are. The most powerful people in our country, baying at each other, doing mime, falling asleep lazing about, arguing and getting nowhere.
But, hey, dont knock Bercow. He, s a remainer.

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The EU don't appear to be concerned. Don't be surprised to learn that they grant an extension, whether we like it or not.

I'm still betting that it is compliant with the Benn Act, since Johnson has legally acknowledged at the time of sending that he sent the request.
I suspect the EU will form their judgement but keep it quiet. At least Until the Scottish court has formed a judgement.
What I would like is for the EU to acceed to the request, but with a proviso, that a referendum be held, with the WAB as an option and Revoke the other.
I actually think the HoC would privately welcome that . Since the HoC cannot come to a decision, not even to decide to have a decision, someone else must decide for them.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
I think most politicians are doing a sterling job doing their best 'taking control' in the HoC esp as the current govt are doing their damnest to repeatedly lie and cheat this country.

If you get upset about Bercow doing an impression (more here if your interested) in the process of doing his job then you should be apoplectic as Boris J and his cronies walked out while an MP was trying to speak.

Nearest I've ever had to do in a job like Bercow's is as a cricket umpire - which I've tried my utmost to do fairly, and if humour is required to help get a point across or defuse a situation then I've done so. And I required a certain black humour when working in the NHS!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Part of the reason you are so correct is because of the attitudes of so many of our politicians.
Can you imagine the MD of a major company, a top judge, leading surgeon actually behaving like these idiots actually whilst doing their jobs. Pretty sure I, d have been sacked for doing anything like this whilst leading a meeting. Perhaps its normal behaviour for you Wicky. Perhaps I, ve got old.
Wonder what young Benn thought of it. Then again perhaps he was asleep like Abbott was other day or lazing around with his feet up as Smog was. Its a fecking disgrace.

This lot are all earning a fortune, feathering their nests and are totally incapable of doing their jobs. Not just Bercow, all of them. What do we do. Support the stupid feckers saying what we want to hear. Corbyn is a joke, Boris is a disgrace, Bercow an imbecile. I wouldnt trust any of them to do any task demanding thought, care and responsibility. None of them have any talent or ethics. They are all out for themselves. Every last one of them.
If there are any positives to last 3 years the main one has been the education we, ve all had at the sheer incompetence of those ruling us.
Tell me one you, d trust to act as your solicitor. Imagine Bercow being the head of your grand kids school. Or Boris being your doctor? Or Corbyn being your accountant? Feck me.You, d be locked up, your kids would be wild, you, d be ill all time,probably dying, and bankrupt.
If I went to buy a car off any of them I, d walk away. But here they are. The most powerful people in our country, baying at each other, doing mime, falling asleep lazing about, arguing and getting nowhere.
But, hey, dont knock Bercow. He, s a remainer.
And Bercow is trying to avert disaster, otherwise you were doing quite well.
By the way you forgot to mention the wonderful BBC and the press adding spice to the mix.

Since being an MP clearly requires no more talent than turning up on the day my suggestion in future is that MP's are selected by the same process as Jury duty, on a one parliamentary session only basis.
That way at least everybody gets a chance of doing their bit.

They could hardly make worse decisions than the so called professionals squatting in the HOC right now.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Express are wetting themselves
"
Brussels' horror plot to trap UK in EU law despite October 31 departure revealed
BRITAIN will still be under EU law, even after it has left the European Union on October 31, according to new reports.
Britons will still have to follow EU rulings made by judges on the European Court of Justice, despite having voted to leave the EU, and doing so on October 31. The Withdrawal Agreement bill will replace the European Communities Act 1972.
The Act put into effect the UK’s membership of the European Economic Community.

However, the Act "continues to have effect in domestic law" during the Brexit transition period.

The Government published the bill - which is 110 pages long with a further 124 pages of explanatory notes - last night in the Commons.
MPs are now concerned that the EU could pass new laws during the transition period, as dictated by the Act."

So Boris has made a deal that is an EU plot has he?

The reader comments are hostile!

• Informative
Reactions: 50Hertz and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Another little weasel words clause

The more carefully you read it the worse it gets.
I hope the 17.4 million who voted for Brexit are reading it!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Woosh and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Definitely a significant day
John of Gaunt said it all
"That England, that was wont to conquer others,
Hath made a shameful conquest of itself."
For the purposes of Tax Dodgers and American corporate power, not for the good of the people.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
The Express are wetting themselves
"
Brussels' horror plot to trap UK in EU law despite October 31 departure revealed
BRITAIN will still be under EU law, even after it has left the European Union on October 31, according to new reports.
Britons will still have to follow EU rulings made by judges on the European Court of Justice, despite having voted to leave the EU, and doing so on October 31. The Withdrawal Agreement bill will replace the European Communities Act 1972.
The Act put into effect the UK’s membership of the European Economic Community.

However, the Act "continues to have effect in domestic law" during the Brexit transition period.

The Government published the bill - which is 110 pages long with a further 124 pages of explanatory notes - last night in the Commons.
MPs are now concerned that the EU could pass new laws during the transition period, as dictated by the Act."

So Boris has made a deal that is an EU plot has he?

The reader comments are hostile!
And what are these “horror laws” that the EU can impose on us?

Presumably we are currently part of the “horror scenario “ because we are still part of the EU. With that in mind, anyone care to list a few “horror laws” which have been imposed on us so far?

Papers publishing this sort of horse $hit should be shut down. I’m all for press freedom, but this garbage crosses a line and strays into brainwashing territory. This isn’t what free press is about. The Brexidiots soak it up like blotting paper.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And what are these “horror laws” that the EU can impose on us?

Presumably we are currently part of the “horror scenario “ because we are still part of the EU. With that in mind, anyone care to list a few “horror laws” which have been imposed on us so far?

Papers publishing this sort of horse $hit should be shut down. I’m all for press freedom, but this garbage crosses a line and strays into brainwashing territory. This isn’t what free press is about. The Brexidiots soak it up like blotting paper.
They should at least carry a warning of harm notice along the lines
" May contain fabricated facts, lies and distortions, please verify against reliable sources"

Last edited:
  • :D
  • Agree
Reactions: Woosh and 50Hertz

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
under Boris Johnson’s deal Northern Irish firms selling goods to GB will have to fill out customs documentation to do so. Filling out forms to sell in your own country...
Not entirely unique though, that's long applied to the Channel Islands and our Isle of Man too, indeed all of our crown dependencies.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Oh, yes ofcourse OG Bercow is trying to avert disaster. Read all the article before you remind me its DM...
We are being asked to sign off on legislation that has not been read or understood and to then place our trust in Boris Johnson. What could possibly go wrong?

More parliamentary time was allocated to debating the welfare of circus animals than Boris Johnson is allowing for this singularly most important piece of legislation the U.K. has ever faced.

Can’t you see what Johnson is up to?

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
We are being asked to sign off on legislation that has not been read or understood and to then place our trust in Boris Johnson. What could possibly go wrong?

More parliamentary time was allocated to debating the welfare of circus animals than Boris Johnson is allowing for this singularly most important piece of legislation the U.K. has ever faced.

Can’t you see what Johnson is up to?
Zlatan hasn't read the latest deal obviously, or worse approves of it.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
We must be the only nation on the planet that has so many masochists who are unable to change their minds when faced with the blindingly obvious fact that they have been mugged, because they either won't read the content of this bill, or perhaps understand the implications if they do.

The progress of this nation is being reversed more than 50 years, and how can you excuse those that either cause or are applauding this happening?

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Zlatan hasn't read the latest deal obviously, or worse approves of it.
All this “let’s get this done” garbage is straight off the same manure heap as “take back control, Brexit means Brexit and no deal is better than a bad deal.”

I don’t think the Brexidiots realise that once we end this current period of squabbling and lies, it’s the starting gun for a period of squabbling and lying that makes this one look like a baby shower.

We aren’t “getting it done “ we are just moving onto more difficult times.

Last edited:

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
We must be the only nation on the planet that has so many masochists who are unable to change their minds when faced with the blindingly obvious fact that they have been mugged, because they either won't read the content of this bill, or perhaps understand the implications if they do.

The progress of this nation is being reversed more than 50 years, and how can you excuse those that either cause or are applauding this happening?
I can guarantee you that not one single Brexidiot on here will have looked at the bill and identified the advantages. There will still be idiots that want to get it done though.

Yet more evidence of the monumental stupidity of Brexit.

Advertisers