Brexit, for once some facts.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Boris....come into my office,the people seem to realise that we haven't a plan on Brexit....I tried 'Brexit means Brexit' then 'We are going to achieve the best possible deal in trading with Europe'.....I need a new catchphrase to keep the people happy.
Well Maybot you could always try telling them the truth.....'let's forget this Brexshit,it's a load of *******'

Reactions: derf and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Sith Lord Farage strikes again!
From the Sun today
"
EU NEED TO GIVE IT BACK
Ukip will be asked by the EU to pay back almost £150,000 in ‘misspent funds’ trying to get Nigel Farage elected as an MP

Party accused of breaking European rules that ban spending money on national campaigns and referendums.

And people associate with this person?
Reminds me somehow of an old comic rhyme

"One evening last October,when I was far from sober, and bring home a "load" with manly pride,
My feet began to stutter, so I lay down in the gutter, and a Pig came up and lay down by my side.
And a lady passing by was heard to say,
"You can tell a man who boozes by the Company he chooses"
So the Pig got up and slowly walked away."

The Moral being be careful who or what you associate with.
By your Friends shall you be judged :oops:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I myself have already experienced a major problem which will be more evident post Brexit.
One of my products is a air compressor that we sell widely throughout Europe. The EC standard is constantly updated to encompass new design changes,my supplier keeps me informed of these changes but the EU have stopped updating our standards dept.
I have kept the local standards agency updated but on a national level the standards agency and our manufacturers are already out of date.
This could mean that UK manufactured compressors will not comply with EU standards and be rejected for sale in Europe and also in the UK if it is intended to be CE marked.
These standards apply to hundreds of products,medicines,materials etc.
The EU have already lost interest in us,we will need to quickly test these products under our own standard ,the kite mark,even if we want to sell these products in the UK,they will no longer comply with the CE mark.
This problem could apply to white goods as the standard is updated and we no longer comply.
Is May's team working on a way to update these standards.
KudosDave

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
According to the Excess this morning
"
Public DEMANDS hard Brexit: 70 per cent want UK to END immigration when it quits EU"
Really? From the Express that is more usually 110%
However this is rather odd
"However the survey also revealed 90 per cent of voters also want Britain to stay in the single market - presenting a problem for the government as EU politicians have ruled out any free trade deal without freedom of movement."

It's National Have Cake and Eat it Day in the Express.

It seems they are drifting away from the sentiments of their readership looking at the tone of the readers comments
that's how they spun the recent Natcen survey.
90% don't want hard brexit. Proper democracy I reckon.
But will Theresa May implement the will of the people while the brexiteers hold her leash? or will she rely on the unelected lords to do the job for her?

• Agree

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
"One evening last October,when I was far from sober, and bring home a "load" with manly pride,
My feet began to stutter, so I lay down in the gutter, and a Pig came up and lay down by my side.
And a lady passing by was heard to say,
"You can tell a man who boozes by the Company he chooses"
So the Pig got up and slowly walked away."

/QUOTE]

It's a Frank Crumit song

Reactions: oldgroaner and derf

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I myself have already experienced a major problem which will be more evident post Brexit.
One of my products is a air compressor that we sell widely throughout Europe. The EC standard is constantly updated to encompass new design changes,my supplier keeps me informed of these changes but the EU have stopped updating our standards dept.
I have kept the local standards agency updated but on a national level the standards agency and our manufacturers are already out of date.
This could mean that UK manufactured compressors will not comply with EU standards and be rejected for sale in Europe and also in the UK if it is intended to be CE marked.
The EU have already lost interest in us,we will need to quickly test these products under our own standard ,the kite mark,even if we want to sell these products in the UK,they will no longer comply with the CE mark.
This problem could apply to white goods as the standard is updated and we no longer comply.
KudosDave
Ît would never occur to them, would it?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
KudosDave
Hi
To date nothing has changed in any legal sense, so it is difficult to see why standards updates have not been forwarded. The UK, is at present, a bono fide EU member state . As far as the EU bureaucracy is concerned, the UK is not even in the departure lounge. It would be instructive to find out where the obstruction has occurred, whether at the level of the EU or more locally. Remember there was a glitch in the UK E U commission after the brexit vote when the Commissioner resigned.

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Hi
To date nothing has changed in any legal sense, so it is difficult to see why standards updates have not been forwarded. The UK, is at present, a bono fide EU member state . As far as the EU bureaucracy is concerned, the UK is not even in the departure lounge. It would be instructive to find out where the obstruction has occurred, whether at the level of the EU or more locally. Remember there was a glitch in the UK E U commission after the brexit vote when the Commissioner resigned.
Very probably this is nothing more than an admin problem that will be resolved, at least till we actually leave.

• Agree

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
leave campaigners are like Trump surrogates, making impossible promises, like having both access to the Single Market, bringing down immigration to the tens of thousands, tax cuts, no red tape etc, anything you want really.
They only need a small percentage of voters to be uncritical, like Mr Trump only need to win over the rust belt. He promises 5 trillion dollars reconstruction programs, 6 trillion dollars tax cuts and deporting all illegal immigrants. You want to dig for coal in Pennsylvania? Trump is all for digging! You don't like medicare premium hike? Trump will get rid of it!
Next year, Le Pen will probably promise the French to get out of the EU, keep the Euro and have full access to the Single Market. Oh, some tax cuts too.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
  • Agree

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
"Service"?:D:D:D:D:D
too true, paradoxically I have great expectations of nige - if he brings the ugly racist agenda underlying much of brexit into the open
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/25/the-uncomfortable-question-was-the-brexit-vote-based-on-racism/
and joins the Tory's (he strikes me as the kind of opportunist con man that will not go away now that he can see what's behind that gold lift door)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/15/nigel-farage-hints-he-may-seek-to-rejoin-the-tories-as-sources-s/
and spreads some very disturbing division amongst them, he will have done some public service indeed.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and D8ve

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Farage's attraction is he speaks the unspeakable.
The downside for the tories for having Farage rejoining them is he'll make the conservative unelectable.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and derf

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There are lies, damned lies and Politicians
"
Trump just took credit for stopping Ford from moving a plant to Mexico. But it wasn’t planning to.
And fools voted for this man and made him president?
Ah well at least we can rely on the Honesty and integrity of our politicians.....
:confused:
Well Nigel speaks highly of him, so that must count for something :eek:

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and derf

Advertisers