oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The cheif liar is still not thinking straight
In the Telegraph
"
Boris Johnson plans to impose full customs and border checks on European goods
The move is a radical departure from pre-election planning

In a radical departure from pre-election ‘no deal’ planning that prioritised the smooth flow of goods into the UK from Europe, Whitehall departments have been told to prepare for imposing the full panoply of checks on EU imports to the UK.

The toughened approach, which is designed to give UK negotiators greater leverage against Brussels, came as Mr Johnson promised that Brexit would open an exciting new chapter “in our great national drama”.

He's using the old "Hit me again and I'll bleed all over you threat"

Clearly it's a No Deal Brexit, till they they tell him no and he backs down again.
The man is an idiot, Imagine how any foreign owned businesses will react to that!
Can't we have an adult to lead the Nation?

Last edited:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
You do realise that things today are exactly the same as they were yesterday? In fact, things are the same as they were 3.5 years ago. The leaving celebration was a con, you have allowed them con you again.

Brexit is by no means done. The difficult work, requiring skill, dedication and tenacity, starts today. The leaving process starts, and the man you are placing your faith in to deliver the promises is Boris Johnson.

Boris Johnson lied to you when he said the leaving the EU would result in an extra £350 million per week for the NHS. Boris Johnson is also seeking a deal with the EU, which within the last 12 months, he described as being a deal that no British Prime Minister should ever sign up to. Boris Johnson has presented himself to you as this person who is going to take on “The Establishment” by defying their will and leaving the EU. This Eaton educated man who worked for the billionaire Barclay Brothers is the establishment. It’s difficult to imagine anyone more steeped in establishment. But he has somehow managed to make you overlook all of this and make you believe that he’s going to deliver the Brexit you desire, a Brexit that will benefit you in a way that you are totally unable to define.

No one likes to admit that they been conned, but the highly educated Johnson and his establishment friends have totally had your trousers down over Brexit. As you read this, they will be sniggering and sneering with contempt for you because you were such a push-over.

If I’m wrong, tell me exactly what benefits Boris Johnson is going to deliver for you.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Southend-on-Sea is a tory and a brexit town but was relatively quiet last night.
Brexiters lit about two dozen fireworks.
The whole show was over in about 5 minutes.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
This man is tastefully celebrating leaving the EU by pouring beer onto the EU flag. Pretty soon he will be swapping his present job for one of cleaning hotel toilets every Sunday evening on a zero-hours contract. But he will insist that he knew this would happen and it’s what he voted for. He‘s a born winner.

The problem that I foresee is that when it all goes belly-up, which it will, he will expect people like me to put my hand in my pocket so that he can feed his fat-ass.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I was expecting a press conference and Boris delivering the speech of his career last night.
Where was Boris? there was about a four minute pre recorded mumbling session and that was it.

Why did you hide from the public Boris?
All we got was pre recorded waffle to match the pre recorded Big Ben Bongs
Not a good start Boris

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I am trying to imagine the lool on Barnier's face when he hears that Boris is threatening the EU with Tariff Barriers to encourage them to fold and give us a good deal.
Ask yourself this, who would emerge victorious in a clash of determination between Boris and Barnier?
It reminds me of a famous moment in Boxing History when Don Cockle was due to fight Rocky Marciano, who reported was last into the ring, looked round and asked
"Where's your fighter?" :cool:

Brexit: where else can you get comedy this hideously gruesome?

• :D
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Southend-on-Sea is a tory and a brexit town but was relatively quiet last night.
Brexiters lit about two dozen fireworks.
The whole show was over in about 5 minutes.
This is what happened in Hull, where there was, remember, a big pro Brexit majority of 67%
"
Brexit fireworks spark anger in Hull as celebrations branded 'embarrassing'
The UK left the European Union at 11pm on Friday January 31 - almost four years after the 2016 referendum

One said: "Whichever jumped up **** is throwing a Brexit party in Hull and firing off fireworks at 11 PM. Thanks for waking up my toddler and stressing my rabbits out."
Another said the fireworks were "embarrassing".

They wrote: "Hull you’re embarrassing, stop it with the fireworks you absolute ****s."

"Congratulation to the idiots currently letting off fireworks around hull, i hope you enjoy your moment - I'm going to enjoy watching over the next few years, as the few jobs that remain in this once great city vanish off to europe you shortsighted ****s," posted another.

As you can see people in Hull have a grasp of the big picture
"Waking my toddler and stressing my rabbits out"

Oh! the shame of it all:D:D:D

• :D
  • Informative
Reactions: oyster and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Clearly it's a No Deal Brexit, till they they tell him no and he backs down again.
The man is an idiot, Imagine how any foreign owned businesses will react to that!
He knows what he's doing, it's just part of the con to convince the leaver vote that we really are leaving and that he's being tough on that.

Of course we aren't leaving, the eventual deal will be soft enough to be akin to remaining in most respects. Basically it will be remaining with some concessions on independent action.

Problem is, how long will it be before people twig and disatisfaction with the relationship with the EU bubbles up again?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
On the most significant day in British politics for a generation, the PM hides inside No 10
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/31/boris-johnson-goes-missing-in-action-on-his-big-brexit-day
I think he has enough sense to know that the majority of the country had long since swung to remaining.

Accordingly him indulging in a big Leave celebration wouldn't go down too well with over half the country. I can see him trying to stay low key for the rest of the year now on the Brexit subject.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
He knows what he's doing, it's just part of the con to convince the leaver vote that we really are leaving and that he's being tough on that.

Of course we aren't leaving, the eventual deal will be soft enough to be akin to remaining in most respects. Basically it will be remaining with some concessions on independent action.

Problem is, how long will it be before people twig and disatisfaction with the relationship with the EU bubbles up again?
The snag is he's damaging business confidence with this nonsense

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think he has enough sense to know that the majority of the country had long since swung to remaining.

Accordingly him indulging in a big Leave celebration wouldn't go down too well with over half the country. I can see him trying to stay low key for the rest of the year now on the Brexit subject.
You are right of course, in fact a major effort will no doubt be made to avoid any scrutiny

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Did anybody see Dominic Frisby's live performance at the party last night? His album is no. 37 in Amazon best sellers. Here's the song he sang last night. The song is an excellent documentation of the whole Brexit saga.

Last edited:

Advertisers