Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
There's a good fantasy programme on BBC 2 at moment. Labour MPs talking like one day the might get in power. It would be funny if it wasnt so appalling.
One of them actually has just said "If there were a snap GE in 6 months we, d be ready"... I think its sectretly a drugs programme.
They all know some big words though.

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Yes, apparently many were deprived of flight because one of their lawyers realised some may not have had phone signals, so were unable to get full representation. Sounds like a loophole to me, do gooders are good at finding them...
It appears that Priti Patel had acted unlawfully by forcing the men on to the plane, had breached human rights legislation and denied them adequate access to legal advice.

Those are serious offences for someone holding position of home secretary.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
That programme on BBC 2 needed Rob Brydon and Lee Mack. They can make all lies seem more believable and funny. I bet Boris watched that smiling to himself, probably laughing his head off really. One of those the future of the Labour party.. Oh dear.
And to think I voted for them.

Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Not a good start Boris
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7997379/Prime-Minister-declares-millionaire-donor-New-Year-break-tycoon-says-Oh-no-wasnt.html
Boris Johnson's holiday freebie riddle: Prime Minister declares phone millionaire as donor of his £15,000 New Year break in Mustique with Carrie Symonds - but tycoon says: Oh no, I wasn't...
  • Boris Johnson faced questions last night over who paid for his New Year holiday
  • He listed the trip to Mustique as a ‘benefit in kind’ donated by a ‘Mr David Ross’
  • Mr Ross insisted he was not the owner of the villa and had not paid for the stay

The reader comments are almost entirely anti!

And there's always someone taking the mickey

Replying to @johnestevens
The owner of the villa when questioned said he was surprised that the holiday had been paid for in advance, in cash, in roubles, by 2 gentleman who were visisiting Mustique to see the islands cathedrals, but Mr Johnson seemed such a nice chap, he didn't like to question it.

:cool:

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That programme on BBC 2 needed Rob Brydon and Lee Mack. They can make all lies seem more believable and funny. I bet Boris watched that smiling to himself, probably laughing his head off really. One of those the future of the Labour party.. Oh dear.
And to think I voted for them.
You really are upset aren't you? best plan I can suggest is: since you obviously aren't very good at voting for the right people, why bother?
I never have this problem, when New labour and Blair where all the rage, my answer was simple
I didn't vote at all.

Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Whereas voting for Corbyn, McCluskey, Abbott, Momentum and unite makes you a Mensa candidate.
Your last post is at best desperate OG. We, ve got Coronavirus coming our way, folk dying on smart motorways, HS2 to sort, Brexit to negotiate and you are getting your knickers in a twist over BJ going on a jolly and costing the vast sum of £15k.I bet Boris and Cummings are quaking in cellar of no 10....if they read this rubbish that is.
If this is best you can do we, ve got Boris, and not just Tories, for another 20 years.
No just a normal person who has a certain point of view uncontaminated by the right wing press, which may or may not be right or wrong, but is their own considered choice.
And there is of course the simple fact that really gets up your nose

People like you voted for Brexit and that Resulted in the Government we have no with Boris in charge.
How odd that you are enraged because no one is going to rescue you from the decision you made, whereas I am content to wait, even though I don't expect to live to see thing turn out right again?
Why not just enjoy the debacle as I am doing?
There's a new twist to the plot on a daily basis after all.
By the way Boris should be sacked for taking bribes, wherever they come from.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Labour are infinitely more competent & trustworthy. They also have impeccable integrity. They are guaranteed to form an effective opposition and then become a government very soon. The only thing holding them back is the racist scum UK population.
Wow, do you really think so?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I voted for Boris Johnson because the incompetent, lying, moral vacuum, cheating, shagnasty bastard is a much more suitable PM than any offering from Labour.
Actually that's not true is it?
You voted for Boris because you mistakenly thought he would cost you less, didn't you? and that is all that you care about.
And he's ratted on you with his "Mansion and middle class" tax raids.
What fun!
Nearly as big a win as voting for Brexit

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Not a good start Boris
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7997379/Prime-Minister-declares-millionaire-donor-New-Year-break-tycoon-says-Oh-no-wasnt.html
Boris Johnson's holiday freebie riddle: Prime Minister declares phone millionaire as donor of his £15,000 New Year break in Mustique with Carrie Symonds - but tycoon says: Oh no, I wasn't...
  • Boris Johnson faced questions last night over who paid for his New Year holiday
  • He listed the trip to Mustique as a ‘benefit in kind’ donated by a ‘Mr David Ross’
  • Mr Ross insisted he was not the owner of the villa and had not paid for the stay

The reader comments are almost entirely anti!

And there's always someone taking the mickey

Replying to @johnestevens
The owner of the villa when questioned said he was surprised that the holiday had been paid for in advance, in cash, in roubles, by 2 gentleman who were visisiting Mustique to see the islands cathedrals, but Mr Johnson seemed such a nice chap, he didn't like to question it.

:cool:
The declaration is also, yet again, LATE.

The date is reported as 26/12/2019. That is nonsense as there is no way someone would have given them their tickets on the first day of their visit. Must have been before. However, even if that were deemed acceptable...

And 28 days lands on 23/01/2020 not 27/01/2020.

MPs must register their interests within one month of their election. After that they must register any change to their interests within 28 days. The interests which have to be registered are summarised below.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmregmem/ForewordJanuary2020.pdf

Name of donor: Mr David Ross
Address of donor: private
Nature and value of benefit in kind (or amount of any donation): accommodation for a private holiday for my partner and me, value £15,000
Destination of visit: St Vincent and the Grenadines
Dates of visit: 26 December 2019 to 5 January 2020
Purpose of visit: private holiday.
(Registered 27 January 2020)

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmregmem/200210/johnson_boris.htm

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Who enjoyed Labour's little programme last night. More talk about rights for Trains and BFG than NHS.
Would anybody actually pick any of them to be PM? Starmer is nearest I suppose but the other three?
Yep, I bet Boris is really panicking today, what with this Labour and the £15k holiday to deal with? Life must be hard for him and the Tories today.
Its a Profumo scandal. It will bring Government down in 6 months and RLB will be right. Labour are able, willing and ready.

Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
One of those the future of the Labour party.. Oh dear.
I thought Lisa Nandy came out best.
Keir Starmer seemed a bit lost.

Ashcroft polled 10,000 voters who switched away from Labour.
Most of them would like Labour to be more centrist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zlatan

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
You do not say why he is more suitable? From your recent posts I gather you dont like immigration or paying tax.
I didn’t say any of those things. You have caught “Labour Disease” and have resorted to fabricating smears because you have lost the argument. That’s why BJ is more suitable.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Actually that's not true is it?
You voted for Boris because you mistakenly thought he would cost you less, didn't you? and that is all that you care about.
And he's ratted on you with his "Mansion and middle class" tax raids.
What fun!
Nearly as big a win as voting for Brexit
Nothing is perfect and suits everyone in every respect. From the current crop of Labour imbeciles, a BJ alternative suits me fine.

Labour are correct and have all the best policies, they just need to get all the racist, poor, self serving scum to agree with them and their London ideals.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
It appears that Priti Patel had acted unlawfully by forcing the men on to the plane, had breached human rights legislation and denied them adequate access to legal advice.

Those are serious offences for someone holding position of home secretary.
It’s all BS. Apparently there were issues with mobile phone signals. It was argued that his MAY have restricted access to legal advice. Confidential land lines were available and the place was crawling with lawyers plying their trade. It’s just a loophole and will be closed.

The big silver bird full of criminals will be heading to the Caribbean very soon. Worry not.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It’s all BS. Apparently there were issues with mobile phone signals. It was argued that his MAY have restricted access to legal advice. Confidential land lines were available and the place was crawling with lawyers plying their trade. It’s just a loophole and will be closed.
The reality of the O2 issue is one thing, the fact that it led to a court case and the HS being told she had transgressed shows her incompetence and inability to act legally.

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Who enjoyed Labour's little programme last night. More talk about rights for Trains and BFG than NHS.
Would anybody actually pick any of them to be PM? Starmer is nearest I suppose but the other three?
Yep, I bet Boris is really panicking today, what with this Labour and the £15k holiday to deal with? Life must be hard for him and the Tories today.
Its a Profumo scandal. It will bring Government down in 6 months and RLB will be right. Labour are able, willing and ready.
LGBT, gender neutral school toilets and social engineering is right at the top of everyone’s list of priorities. It’s just that they don’t realise it yet. All Labour need to do is scream racist at any person who disagrees. That will definitely win them over. 100% success guaranteed.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
The reality of the O2 issue is one thing, the fact that it led to a court case and the HS being told she had transgressed shows her incompetence and inability to act legally.
It was an 11th hour appeal and that particular element had not been tested. Access to legal advice was readily available, it was just not available via one of many other routes to choose from. No issue, we will be rid of them soon.

You can rest assured that there would be lawyers queuing around the block at the detention centre. Any one of them would lick the inmates bottoms clean if the money was right.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
100% success guaranteed.
I watched BBC Victoria Derbishire this morning.
I honestly can't see anyone of them beat Johnson.
I would have liked to see Hilary Benn in the running but hey ho.

Advertisers