Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
This is beginning to sound like hotel California. Were all free to leave (and move to the eu). Your bad decisions dont determine my future.
That definitely makes you a leaver and our decision definitely defines your future with regards in or out EU (or in your case UK)

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Your problem is you don't reognise the present situation for what it is
Just a turn into a dead end that will self correct.
In your opinion, you could be right but its still only a view. As of today we are all leaving, you are by default a leaver. Things could change, agreed, but that does not mean we are not leaving, actually left.... Sort of.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
No more leavers or remainers… just optimists and pessimists :):):)
so what do you reckon? do we have a majority of pessimists?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
In your opinion, you could be right but its still only a view. As of today we are all leaving, you are by default a leaver. Things could change, agreed, but that does not mean we are not leaving, actually left.... Sort of.
we have left, and handed over the power of government to Gollum of Downing Street.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Things could change, agreed, but that does not mean we are not leaving, actually left.... Sort of.
Not even sort of, only said we have left without actually doing so yet. And the May/Johnson deal isn't leaving anyway even when finalised, the whole House of Commons said as much by overwhelming vote, several times. They only nodded it through finally to get out of the dead end they'd made for themselves, leaving Northern Ireland the EU side of the border in the process with the threat of Scotland joining them there.

So by the time we concede still more as we go though the trade negotiations in order to get something out of the wreckage of Brexit, there'll be little vestige of leaving remaining.

The main thing left will be loss.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Correction .. as of last week you have all left. There is a short term interim measure,so that the shock is not immediate.

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
That depends whether you consider “we” to mean Internet forums and social meeja outlets as representative of society in general.
I don't use social media for news - albeit having an account with FB, but apparently, the BBC does not understand why people voted for brexit (according to some tory MPs who want the BBC to stop being funded by levy but privatised instead).

• Informative

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
The Coronavirus situation is getting bad in China. Just read the following. If I hear any more, I’ll post it later.

朣楢琴执㝧执瑩浻牡楧㩮㔱硰执㝧执獧浻牡楧敬瑦瀰絸朣杢㑳执獧扻捡杫潲湵潣潬㩲昣昸昸㬸慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧敷止瑩札慲楤湥楬敮牡氬晥⁴潴敬瑦戠瑯潴牦浯㡦㡦㡦潴捥捥捥戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥眭扥楫楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥洭穯氭湩慥牧摡敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧獭氭湩慥牧摡敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩u条㩥楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散汩整㩲牰杯摩䐺䥘慭敧牔湡晳牯楍牣獯景牧摡敩瑮猨慴瑲潃潬卲牴昣昸昸䔬摮潃潬卲牴攣散散㬩潢摲牥硰猠汯摩⌠㙣㙣㙣搻獩汰祡戺潬正潭潢摲牥爭摡畩㩳瀲㭸漭戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰敷止瑩戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰戻牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰执獧搴摻獩汰祡戺潬正瀻獯瑩潩㩮敲慬楴敶执獧搴筮楤灳慬㩹湩楬敮戭潬正漻敶晲潬
朣楢琴执㝧执瑩浻牡楧㩮㔱硰执㝧执獧浻牡楧敬瑦瀰絸朣杢㑳执獧扻捡杫潲湵潣潬㩲昣昸昸㬸慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧敷止瑩札慲楤湥楬敮牡氬晥⁴潴敬瑦戠瑯潴牦浯㡦㡦㡦潴捥捥捥戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥眭扥楫楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥洭穯氭湩慥牧摡敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧獭氭湩慥牧摡敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩u条㩥楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散汩整㩲牰杯摩䐺䥘慭敧牔湡晳牯楍牣獯景牧摡敩瑮猨慴瑲潃潬卲牴昣昸昸䔬摮潃潬卲牴攣散散㬩潢摲牥硰猠汯摩⌠㙣㙣㙣搻獩汰祡戺潬正潭潢摲牥爭摡畩㩳瀲㭸漭戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰敷止瑩戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰戻牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰执獧搴摻

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
But we haven't have we, and by the time Boris bungles the job, who knows?

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Coronavirus situation is getting bad in China. Just read the following. If I hear any more, I’ll post it later.

朣楢琴执㝧执瑩浻牡楧㩮㔱硰执㝧执獧浻牡楧敬瑦瀰絸朣杢㑳执獧扻捡杫潲湵潣潬㩲昣昸昸㬸慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧敷止瑩札慲楤湥楬敮牡氬晥⁴潴敬瑦戠瑯潴牦浯㡦㡦㡦潴捥捥捥戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥眭扥楫楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥洭穯氭湩慥牧摡敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧獭氭湩慥牧摡敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩u条㩥楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散汩整㩲牰杯摩䐺䥘慭敧牔湡晳牯楍牣獯景牧摡敩瑮猨慴瑲潃潬卲牴昣昸昸䔬摮潃潬卲牴攣散散㬩潢摲牥硰猠汯摩⌠㙣㙣㙣搻獩汰祡戺潬正潭潢摲牥爭摡畩㩳瀲㭸漭戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰敷止瑩戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰戻牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰执獧搴摻獩汰祡戺潬正瀻獯瑩潩㩮敲慬楴敶执獧搴筮楤灳慬㩹湩楬敮戭潬正漻敶晲潬
朣楢琴执㝧执瑩浻牡楧㩮㔱硰执㝧执獧浻牡楧敬瑦瀰絸朣杢㑳执獧扻捡杫潲湵潣潬㩲昣昸昸㬸慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧敷止瑩札慲楤湥楬敮牡氬晥⁴潴敬瑦戠瑯潴牦浯㡦㡦㡦潴捥捥捥戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥眭扥楫楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥洭穯氭湩慥牧摡敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧獭氭湩慥牧摡敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩u条㩥楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散汩整㩲牰杯摩䐺䥘慭敧牔湡晳牯楍牣獯景牧摡敩瑮猨慴瑲潃潬卲牴昣昸昸䔬摮潃潬卲牴攣散散㬩潢摲牥硰猠汯摩⌠㙣㙣㙣搻獩汰祡戺潬正潭潢摲牥爭摡畩㩳瀲㭸漭戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰敷止瑩戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰戻牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰执獧搴摻
Ah So!
捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩u条㩥楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散汩整㩲牰杯摩䐺䥘慭敧牔湡晳牯楍牣獯景 :cool: 牧摡敩瑮猨慴瑲潃潬卲牴昣昸昸䔬摮潃潬卲牴攣散散㬩潢摲牥硰猠汯摩⌠㙣㙣㙣搻獩汰祡戺潬正潭潢摲牥爭摡畩㩳瀲㭸漭戭牯敤:rolleyes:慲楤獵㈺硰敷止瑩戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰戻牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰执獧搴摻獩汰祡戺潬正瀻獯瑩潩㩮敲慬楴敶执獧搴筮楤灳慬㩹湩楬敮戭o_O潬正漻敶晲潬

Roughly translated
Oh Heck
Your esteemed order for Brexit memorabilia may be a little late for Jan 1 2021

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Correction .. as of last week you have all left. There is a short term interim measure,so that the shock is not immediate.
Disagree, the House of Commons have repeatedly said the deal is not leaving, and the "all" is hardly true when N.I is left on the EU side of the border. And remember that in the Great Repeal Bill, parliament has written all existing EU law into UK law.

Our so called departure will not be completed until the trade negotiations are, so all further concessions then will add to the failures to separate within the Withdrawal Agreement and Great Repeal Bill.

We already know that the EU will have to largely retain its fishing rights in our waters, although our fishermen don't yet.

By the time its all over, the concept that we have left will just be a bad joke.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

gw8izr

Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I don't use social media for news - albeit having an account with FB, but apparently, the BBC does not understand why people voted for brexit (according to some tory MPs who want the BBC to stop being funded by levy but privatised instead).
You and I both know that the BBC don’t care which way people voted. They don’t care what the outcome is and they don’t care that in truth it’s all over now. The outcome of any of these political issues, human tragedies, natural disasters is all the same to them. It allows Laura Kunsenberg To pay for her new Mercedes, it allows Kate Adie to continue toward “national treasure” Status (we know the truth Kate) and hundreds of other journalists to follow on in their quest to whip up a story out of anything and nothing.

Sadly it becomes all encompassing for some people which isn’t good for them.

Reactions: Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
but is it not the principle that counts?
Brexiters have no principles, just prejudices.

But as you imply, for a while they'll believe it's leaving and worthwhile. Until it begins to hurt them personally, like those 15,000 connected with Honda's departure who in a majority in that area foolishly voted to leave.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You and I both know that the BBC don’t care which way people voted. They don’t care what the outcome is and they don’t care that in truth it’s all over now.
some conservative MPs use the term 'cross currents' in relation to fake news - that seems to mean 'put this in another way'.
I don't like the current funding model of the BBC but it has to be protected from Cummings' spads/clones. In France, you have to pay if you receive terrestrial TVs but all channels are commercially funded. AFP for news remains largely funded by French government. So, BBC should be split into news which is government funded and drama which is commercially funded. That may be more acceptable.

Last edited:

Advertisers