Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
To me, it seems that we have the biggest problem with our 30 year old population. In a way, they have a lot to lose because many of them have eye watering mortgages, rent to pay, leased cars and hideous credit card debt.
Maybe with all the those burdens it's their way of giving up, hoping to join the 3% and have no more problems.

Easier than going to Switzerland.

• :D
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
On another topic, I was out running (on my own) yesterday evening, and I came across another club member who works as an ICU nurse. She is currently off work, self isolating, because her son has developed a dry cough and a temperature. She can’t get tested for coronavirus! They have told her that unless she is admitted to hospital, they won’t test her. So now, we have this lady, who is a critical part of the fight against Coronavirus, off work, probably needlessly for the sake of a test.

It gets better, they ARE testing hospital managers and certain administrators if they are suspected carriers. WTF is going on?

• Informative
Reactions: oyster and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Those members under 30 seem to be ignoring government advice.
Seriously though, the young have always had a belief in their own invincibility, as any A & E knows from the convoy of youngsters coming in with broken bones etc.

I well remember in my teens and early twenties doing incredibly dangerous things that I can hardly contemplate today. Somehow I got away with them.

Reactions: oyster

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Seriously though, the young have always had a belief in their own invincibility, as any A & E knows from the convoy of youngsters coming in with broken bones etc.

I well remember in my teens and early twenties doing incredibly dangerous things that I can hardly contemplate today. Somehow I got away with them.
That's very true, you are indestructible (in your own mind) when in your teens and twenties.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
10:38
EU's chief Brexit negotiator tests positive
Michel Barnier, the EU's chief Brexit negotiator, has tested positive for coronavirus.
Mr Barnier said he was "doing well and in good spirits" in a tweet announcing his diagnosis on Friday.
His diagnosis throws the process of negotiating a post-Brexit trade deal between the EU and the UK into doubt.
Mr Barnier had been due to hold talks in London this week, but they were cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The post-Brexit transition period, under which the UK will continue to follow EU rules, will end in December and Prime Minister Boris Johnson has vowed not to extend it.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
On another topic, I was out running (on my own) yesterday evening, and I came across another club member who works as an ICU nurse. She is currently off work, self isolating, because her son has developed a dry cough and a temperature. She can’t get tested for coronavirus! They have told her that unless she is admitted to hospital, they won’t test her. So now, we have this lady, who is a critical part of the fight against Coronavirus, off work, probably needlessly for the sake of a test.

It gets better, they ARE testing hospital managers and certain administrators if they are suspected carriers. WTF is going on?
Same for teachers - they could have kept schools open longer if it wasn't for amount of staff self-isolating for 7–14 days and not getting tested to confirm if their symptoms were in fact Corvid19 . There must be a shortage of tests, or means of processing them that is blunting efficiency in keeping key staff at work. Hence why its reserved for hospital admissions - plus I suspect well connected folks as Trump admitted was happening in the US*

* President Trump was questioned ... as why top US athletes and well connected people have had access
to tests when most Americans haven't. "Perhaps that’s been the story of life," Trump remarked.

• Agree

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Same for teachers - they could have kept schools open longer if it wasn't for amount of staff self-isolating for 7–14 days and not getting tested to confirm if their symptoms were in fact Corvid19 . There must be a shortage of tests, or means of processing them that is blunting efficiency in keeping key staff at work. Hence why its reserved for hospital admissions - plus I suspect well connected folks as Trump admitted was happening in the US*

* President Trump was questioned ... as why top US athletes and well connected people have had access
to tests when most Americans haven't. "Perhaps that’s been the story of life," Trump remarked.
But if you've got £375 quid in your sky-rocket, you can nip down Harley Street and get yourself tested. That Idris Elbow bloke did it the other day.

Shameful when front the line fighters can't get access to this test.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
But if you've got £375 quid in your sky-rocket, you can nip down Harley Street and get yourself tested. That Idris Elbow bloke did it the other day.

Shameful when front the line fighters can't get access to this test.
Partner got an email from a lab she has used for other tests (when NHS won't do them). £299 a test - mail order.

The general opinion of the company (judged by posts on a forum that mentioned the mailshot) sank dramatically.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I have just heard an A & E doctor on LBC saying that front line medical staff are resigned to the fact that they are ALL going to get Coronavirus due to the lack of PPE. She believed that is why they Can't get a test, they and the government know it's pointless because they can't be protected from it. But again, if you are like Idris Elbow and have Monkey in loose change, it's all good.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Partner got an email from a lab she has used for other tests (when NHS won't do them). £299 a test - mail order.

The general opinion of the company (judged by posts on a forum that mentioned the mailshot) sank dramatically.
How are these fuckers being allowed to prosper, profiteer and milk the misery at a time like this?

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Randox here in Antrim (beside airport) have been doing a test kit, apparently £120 - have they been approached by the NHS? NO!!!

Biopanda Reagents, Belfast are supplying test kits to europe and the world - last line says it all.....never heard from the NHS!!

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Randox here in Antrim (beside airport) have been doing a test kit, apparently £120 - have they been approached by the NHS? NO!!!

Biopanda Reagents, Belfast are supplying test kits to europe and the world - last line says it all.....never heard from the NHS!!

View attachment 34426
Are we surprised? The NHS probably need at least 20 meetings, full of management wankspeak, to establish the agenda for the meeting which will make the decision whether to order. But that won’t go ahead because Felicity will be on maternity leave.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This morning even most of the fresh veg out of stock at my very large Sainsburys. But it's not due to panic buying.

Back home just heard on the Beeb that the problem is getting foreign drivers to cross borders on the continent, since they are scared of not being able to re-enter their countries like Spain and Italy with the lockdowns.

This could become a huge problem, perhaps the answer is driver handovers at the borders so none leave their own country.

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
This morning even most of the fresh veg out of stock at my very large Sainsburys. But it's not due to panic buying.

Back home just heard on the Beeb that the problem is getting foreign drivers to cross borders on the continent, since they are scared of not being able to re-enter their countries like Spain and Italy with the lockdowns.

This could become a huge problem, perhaps the answer is driver handovers at the borders so none leave their own country.
Some of the places that receive these lorries loaded with food are telling the drivers they cannot use their toilets.

Which is pretty awful.

If they really don't want the drivers to enter, set up some portaloos.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Of course you did.. you are still alive. Its the ones who did equally stupid things that didn't who aren't.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Which might not be popular with owner-drivers and small companies.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

No... Keeping the schools open is assine. Kids share everything.. sandwiches and headlice. They then bring them home . As a containment strategy it is useless.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
No... Keeping the schools open is assine. Kids share everything.. sandwiches and headlice. They then bring them home . As a containment strategy it is useless.
As soon as the schools close, the kids will be roaming the streets, hanging around local shops and making a nuisance of themselves. Their parents, now that they have got what they want, schools closed, won't give a **** and will allow them to roam and spread the virus.

What is needed is the Army on the streets to give these idiots a good pasting for being twats.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I have got a parcel back from DPD Europe yesterday. It was sent to a customer in France.
DPD told us: France no longer accept parcels from UK due to corona virus.

On the same day, Parcel Force collected from us a parcel for Portugal.

Go figure.

Advertisers