Brexit, for once some facts.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Again carrying through the logic. Once in the air, the particles start to decay. .. dessication, temperature, . Lets suggest a half life of 6 hours .
I was watching one of the Trump briefings a few days ago. One of the health experts was answering questions and she said the following. "Live virus was found on hard surfaces in some of the state rooms on the cruise ship that was stranded in Japan, 17 days after the rooms had been abandoned."

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
"Live virus was found on hard surfaces in some of the state rooms on the cruise ship that was stranded in Japan, 17 days after the rooms had been abandoned."
viruses need to be (preferably jet) washed away, not just wiped.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I was watching one of the Trump briefings a few days ago. One of the health experts was answering questions and she said the following. "Live virus was found on hard surfaces in some of the state rooms on the cruise ship that was stranded in Japan, 17 days after the rooms had been abandoned."
Two points. In a cool high humidity environment, the virus can persist. .. in a very cold environment such as deep freeze .. indefinitely . It is not consuming to remain alive,since it is not alive . It is simply a complex organic molecule with atoms arranged in a specific order. But if it gets disrupted by soap and water,or alkali or Acids or Bleach or UV or higher temperatures it gets inactivated. Woosh with his chemistry background and knowledge of chemical dynamics ,can enlighten.
Second point.. acquiring a number of active molecules after a long duration does not indicate that it is in viral load quantities.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev and POLLY

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think they should be collected up and sent back to China.

That'll teach 'em.
What? the virus, or the Chinese? the last thing we need is intelligence spreading around willy nilly!
What has intelligence ever done for us?
It wasn't intelligence that got us where we are today, was it? :rolleyes:
Not British....

Reactions: Woosh and flecc

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I’ve signed up as one of the NHS volunteers under the umbrella of The Royal Voluntary Service. Very disappointed to learn that the CEO Catherine Johnstone is paid £136500.00 per year for her contribution to the RVS. Prior to this role, she was on around 100K at The Samaritans and left under a cloud after awarding a £300K PR / Media contract to her mate. Before that, she worked as a director at some, now disbanded quango, supplying building and infrastructure to charities.

Is there any wonder we are ****** with ***** like this in these positions?

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
In fairness, the USA isn't far short of double the combined population of those three countries, so they are still well behind the curve.

I agree though that prospects look grim there.
Yes but these countries have had a 7 week headstart... 10th March was when the USA had only 1000 cases identified...

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
"I don’t know if I had it, but a couple of weeks ago I had something and it just made me want to sleep the whole time. If this is what Johnson has it explains a lot. We cannot be at a point where it’s considered rude to ask if he’s still capable of functioning as prime minister. "

We already know the answer to that, he never was capable of being Prime Minister

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Peter Hitchens

@ClarkeMicah
· 8h
BBC accidentally broadcast some news on R4 Today prog this morning. Huge new Nightingale Hospital not opening yet because existing London hospitals are currently coping.

Reactions: oyster

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020

Peter Hitchens

@ClarkeMicah
· 8h
BBC accidentally broadcast some news on R4 Today prog this morning. Huge new Nightingale Hospital not opening yet because existing London hospitals are currently coping.
That’s good then, at least they are ahead of the game on this front.

Reactions: oyster

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
"I don’t know if I had it, but a couple of weeks ago I had something and it just made me want to sleep the whole time. If this is what Johnson has it explains a lot. We cannot be at a point where it’s considered rude to ask if he’s still capable of functioning as prime minister. "

We already know the answer to that, he never was capable of being Prime Minister
Maybe there is a magic as yet undetected side-effect of the virus that makes you come out of it more intelligent than when you first got it? It would have to be a very big effect to help in this instance.

Reactions: flecc and oyster

Advertisers