Brexit, for once some facts.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Thirteen wasted by Coronavirus in a Scottish care home. Sadly, I think we are going to see a lot more of this.

I wonder if testing would have made made a difference?

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
This is worth a read about the use of face masks.
.. Going back to my earlier post about aerosols etc and Mr SP s the importance of coughing and spitting needs to be reiterated. The figures I quoted indicate hundreds of virus particles per breath, but a swab collecting 10 million from the back of the throat. Now a gob of phlem or cough is coming up from the lungs, via the back of the throat will be very virus rich.. and mucoid and wet and sticky ..so just a perfect container for transmission. .. Maybe ,just maybe the experts know what they are talking about....

• Agree
Reactions: POLLY and Nev

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
interesting reading.

“Contract it and gain immunity or hide away”.

I belong to the high risk group so contracting it is not an option.

QUOTE:

The public are confused about what to think and do
The second strongest theme to emerge throughout this exercise was the lack of clarity and the inadequacy of the government’s guidance about what is planned, what to expect and what to do. Confusion was attributed to misinformation, conflicting guidance and an overload of information.
Some felt this was due to press coverage and certain social media accounts which they held responsible for sensationalising and scaremongering, some said it was due to “a constant stream of interviews with different experts”, while others blamed the official guidance which was either insufficiently detailed, unclear or inconsistent: “Contract it and gain immunity or hide away”.
We also received reports of elderly relatives or members of society being “so confused by the [government]’s advice” that they were either pretending it wasn’t happening or adopting extreme measures of isolation. People with current health conditions reported high levels of anxiety and a lack of clarity about what they should be doing “I don't know whether I am "vulnerable" and whether I should be doing pre-emptive self-isolation”
The major difference between the UK and Ireland was that here all the advice came from the CMO of the Dept of Health. Any political advice was basically ..we will be putting the financial resources behind this ,but listen only to the CMO...we do!.
I accept that there are structural differences in the UK, with more large cities and denser population, but pro rata the Deaths are 3 times higher in the UK, and 2 times higher in NI . This is due ,in my opinion to the confused messages ,and the added delays in closing schools.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Tommie will be interested in this one..
There was a military type raid on ATMs in Dundalk this morning. Two cars were set alight at the two entrances to the Garda station , to hinder persuit,and then Two ATMs were ripped from two banks on our main Street. However they were chased by the Garda Armed Response Unit, up to the border where the PSNI got them..
My inclination is that the IRA pension pot was drying up with no diesel to launder. The drug trade is also dieing a death.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
THE PRETENCE OF THE NEO-CON DOOMSDAY PANDEMIC IS WEARING THIN AS THE WISER OF OUR POPULUS BEGIN TO QUESTION THE FORCED HOUSE ARREST OF IT’S CITIZENS.
A CAREFULLY CRAFTED RUSE WHERE NORMAL DEATHS ARE ATTRIBUTED TO A CERTAIN STRAIN OF VIRUS.
WHY ARE YOU PAYING CAR TAX, RATES AND INSURANCE TO BE TOLD YOU CANNOT VENTURE OUT?
THE HOAX HAS BEEN CLEVERLY CRAFTED SO THE MULTINATIONALS TAKE OVER EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE.
it does not add up it is bs i just can not believe so many ppl are that fkn stupid to be told what to do via media non stop 247.
Dear SW.....

Reactions: Nev and oldgroaner

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• 4,760 claimants died between the DWP referring their case to, and it returning from, an assessment provider.
  • 73,800 claimants died within 6 months of registering their claim.
  • 17,070 claimants died after registering but prior to the DWP making a decision on their claim.
go dwp death machine more will now die faster than ever b4 and no one gives a ****!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
A point of note:
Being regarded as "Expendable" because of age, has not given me much encouragement to show my usual decorum and restraint when criticising the government.

(That was in case no one had noticed)

As the Romans used to say

Qui nos mori dicimus irrumabo Caesarem

My latin is not so much rusty as having body rot, but I think you can get the picture, reading it again reminds me of the Englishman posing as a police officer in "Allo Allo"

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

• 4,760 claimants died between the DWP referring their case to, and it returning from, an assessment provider.
  • 73,800 claimants died within 6 months of registering their claim.
  • 17,070 claimants died after registering but prior to the DWP making a decision on their claim.
go dwp death machine more will now die faster than ever b4 and no one gives a ****!
Actually we do care, but prefer facts to lunatic conspiracy theories.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Testing of the care workers by biweekly ,and restricted access from mid February would have made a huge difference.
I agree, it’s very likely that it would have been a care worker who unknowingly took the virus into the premises. Once in a place like that it will spread like wildfire, easily infecting all the residents.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Trump says that masks are only for intelligent people who care about not accidentally infecting others, so he won't be wearing one.
.. Going back to my earlier post about aerosols etc and Mr SP s the importance of coughing and spitting needs to be reiterated. The figures I quoted indicate hundreds of virus particles per breath, but a swab collecting 10 million from the back of the throat. Now a gob of phlem or cough is coming up from the lungs, via the back of the throat will be very virus rich.. and mucoid and wet and sticky ..so just a perfect container for transmission. .. Maybe ,just maybe the experts know what they are talking about....
Hopefully it will put a stop to footballers gobbing, and the kids that emulate them when they start playing again.

• Agree
Reactions: Nev

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
My thought for the day on Twitter
oldgroaner@oldgroaner

I had a clown tell me that since I only have six followers they poured scorn on my advice, I reminded them that Trump has 75.9 million that follow him: I rest my case
:cool:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Why are planes still landing in the U.K. from Coronavirus hot spots? Haven’t we got enough virus without importing more?
and they dont even bother to test them, they get off the plane and use public transport to get home fkn joke.

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
  • Agree
Reactions: sjpt and oldgroaner

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
your right it is prob double that amount now as that was 2015 cv has no chance of beating those numbers.

and full lock down will come Monday as that is the plan.

Advertisers