Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Although I'm deeply grateful to the two entitled pricks for inadvertently revealing the hypocrisy of the conservatives to the electorate (who seem to need to be slapped several times with a disembowled rotten fish before they recognised it as such), the tory lead in the polls began its slide around then. I think there should be a new annual public service award for the most corrupt official who accidentally torpedo his her own party
They have my permission to name it after me

The OG award

(Own Goal) ;)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Dom Glennon 3.5%@dom_glennon
·
1h
What happened to "the will of the people"?

oldgroaner @oldgroaner

He got a better offer and relocated to Frankfurt so he can access his bank account! :cool:

Last edited:

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

This hinges on if adult students can claim housing benefits / council tax.

Many moon ago I returned to College to do full-time A' Levels as an adult student just at the time Tories had stopped housing benefit for full-time students - It took some conniving by the college to make it officially appear to be p/t hours. I was part of a SU delegation to see our local MP at the time tory Anthony Buck about this situation and he sat their smoking his cigar and drinking his sherry and told us that his daughter had no problems affording to study - case closed.

Anthony Buck MP (not with his daughter but with his Spanish 2nd wife - His third wife was Russian born Tamara Norashkarya)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

It's probably the old Thatcher/Blair "Education, Education, Education" thing again.

As soon as there's an unemployment problem, it's not the politicians fault, it's because the young didn't learn enough. Rubbish of course, all it achieves is shelf stackers and fast food servers with degrees.

Still, perhaps I shouldn't be so unkind. Maybe Boris wants the less fortunate to have the same privileged education he had so they can also think they are clever while being as thick as him.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

Assessment in Welsh will not be available for this qualification (H408) (Ouch!)

Send the unemployed slackers to learn how to comprehend Boris's waffle

Last edited:
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Johnson possibly doesn't know, or assumes we don't know, the expression:

"To be like a butcher's dog, that is, lie by the beef without touching it; a simile often applicable to married men."

All sorts of ways of interpreting that. :)

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Well 3 stents later and expecting another in a fortnight .. And just in time before the next wave of CV19 closures.. so who is the lucky one?.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Currently feels that we are getting more and more of a minority...

Just six mostly rural counties - Monmouthshire, Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey and Powys - will not be subject to restrictions from Thursday.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Well 3 stents later and expecting another in a fortnight .. And just in time before the next wave of CV19 closures.. so who is the lucky one?.
Weird procedure - up through the groin while laid out on the platform under the scanner with the odd warm flushes of contrast coursing through the veins. Then afterwards having chat with the nurse while they pressed firmly the horse hoof plug to the artery. Hope yours went well.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Car parts from Japan and Turkey used in the UK will not be treated as British.
I saw that too. It seems absurd that anyone could consider they might be considered British when they clearly aren't. Does anyone know how they are designated under current EU rules, or if used directly in other EU countries (not involving Britain at all)?

• Agree

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Advertisers