Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
They've already made arrests in Texas after uncovering three different instances of fraud. at least one of those was substantial.
Arrests are the easy part. Court cases , even in Texas, are more difficult. But in any event, I would be astonished that in 145Million votes there were not a few discrepancies , even frauds.

Reactions: flecc and oyster

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There's always a different outcome with the vote tally after a recount, a few hundred here or there will make no change to the result. Thinking about it could mean even more for Uncle Joe, the gift that keeps on giving :D
It might, then again it might show substantially more Trump votes. What's your prediction?

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Raffensperger is the one in charge of the election in the state!
Why does that matter? The Governor has decided to do a manual recount. They have a date when they expect to give the results. The results will show who's won, unless they find too many dodgy votes and decide to have a revote.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Why does that matter? The Governor has decided to do a manual recount. They have a date when they expect to give the results. The results will show who's won, unless they find too many dodgy votes and decide to have a revote.
It is not the governor's decision.

Georgia's Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger announced Wednesday that the state will conduct a hand recount of ballots cast in the 2020 US election.
Tuesday, the Trump campaign and the state's Republican Party sent a letter to Mr Raffensperger requesting a manual hand recount before the state certifies its results.

• Agree
Reactions: POLLY and Woosh

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Previous recounts changed the results about a 150 votes.
Biden leads about 13.000 votes in Georgia.
Still, Biden can afford to lose Georgia but Trump can't.
So when Georgia calls in a week for Biden, Trump should throw in the towel.
Arizona has nearly completed the counting and should call today or tomorrow. Biden may win there with a tiny margin, so they will have to recount there too.
Wasn't it Georgia where they did a software update to the Dominion computers half way through the count. Does that mean that the ones before the update were correct or the ones after?

Update (1100ET): Further down the ‘Domminion Voting System’ rabbit-hole, Politico reports that a technology glitch that halted voting in two Georgia counties on Tuesday morning was caused by a vendor uploading an update to their election machines the night before, a county election supervisor said.

Voters were unable to cast machine ballots for a couple of hours in Morgan and Spalding counties after the electronic devices crashed, state officials said. In response to the delays, Superior Court Judge W. Fletcher Sams extended voting until 11 p.m.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
It might, then again it might show substantially more Trump votes. What's your prediction?
My prediction was already made vfr, I said to quote myself " Biden would win the popular vote but Trump would win the election " hands up I was wrong. Georgia wants a recount because Biden is winning easy as that.
My prediction now is watch out for the Trump sons, already trying to form a GOP v2 hence asking for cash to help in that end. Republicans are reluctant give a blessing to Biden in any number because of what the future may hold concerning the Trump dynasty and we all know how America loves a dynasty. They have no Royals so they invent them, the Kennedy's are now spent so the Trump's can take over....let's see if I'm right.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh and POLLY

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Details? Links?

The only one relevant to this election is about someone who works in a care home.

That one person has something like 134 items - if all the counts of allegations are one allegation for each vote, 11,000 is nowhere near enough.
Use google. There are loads.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
My prediction was already made vfr, I said to quote myself " Biden would win the popular vote but Trump would win the election " hands up I was wrong. Georgia wants a recount because Biden is winning easy as that.
My prediction now is watch out for the Trump sons, already trying to form a GOP v2 hence asking for cash to help in that end. Republicans are reluctant give a blessing to Biden in any number because of what the future may hold concerning the Trump dynasty and we all know how America loves a dynasty. They have no Royals so they invent them, the Kennedy's are now spent so the Trump's can take over....let's see if I'm right.
Live nasty; die nasty?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It is not the governor's decision.

Georgia's Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger announced Wednesday that the state will conduct a hand recount of ballots cast in the 2020 US election.
Tuesday, the Trump campaign and the state's Republican Party sent a letter to Mr Raffensperger requesting a manual hand recount before the state certifies its results.
Is Brad Raffensperger a liar then? Sorry, I don't get what your point is. Either they're going to do a count or not. The guy was on TV saying they are going to do it.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'm talking about the results of the recount in Georgia. What's your prediction for any change in result. How big a swing and in which direction.

I've seen a detailed list that across all states showed Biden has included in his vote counting over 2 million Trump votes that were wrongly allocated and there's about another 500,000 that Biden got that he shouldn't.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Wasn't it Georgia where they did a software update to the Dominion computers half way through the count. Does that mean that the ones before the update were correct or the ones after?
I don't know the details and will have to wait for more.
As I understand, the officials re-checked the machines so the current count should stand.
Still, the episode is dodgy.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
The U.K. has smashed through 50000 coronavirus deaths today by adding another 595 bodies onto the pile in the past 24 hours.

We are now the European Champions. No wonder Handcock is grinning so broadly.

SirNigel

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2020
The Portal Worker story of yesterday is typical of what is happening. ..and should happen. The guy WRITEs in a complaint..in this case sworn statement. The competent authority ...in this case the Post Office Security staff, investigate and the guy recants.
Recants?
RECANTS?
He did no such thing, he made a sworn affadivit and stands by every word.

"Hours after House Democrats announced that a Pennsylvania postal worker had recanted allegations of ballot tampering, the mail carrier denied it, saying that he stands by his original statement and that he “got played” by federal investigators.
Richard Hopkins, a mail carrier in Erie, Pennsylvania, said in videos released Tuesday by Project Veritas that he never intended to recant his claims of possible ballot fraud after being grilled by investigators from the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General.
“I am right at this very moment looking at an article written by the Washington Post. It says that I fabricated the allegations of ballot tampering,” Mr. Hopkins said in a video posted on Twitter. “I am here to say that I did not recant my statements. That did not happen. That is not what happened.”
Project Veritas chief legal counsel Jered Ede accused the investigators of coercing Mr. Hopkins into signing an affidavit recanting his claims; failing to give him access to his attorney, and refusing to provide him with a copy of the signed document.

“It was coerced,” Mr. Ede told the Washington Times. “They forced him to execute this watered-down lukewarm affidavit. They did so during an interrogation where again they denied him the opportunity to be represented by counsel even though he confirmed with them that he had counsel.”

Unknown to the federal investigators, Mr. Hopkins was wearing a wire during the interview provided by Project Veritas based on his concerns about being harassed at work by supervisors or union officials.

RECORDING: Federal agents “coerce” USPS whistleblower Hopkins to water down story. Hopkins doubles down…

Agent Strasser: “I am trying to twist you a little bit”

“I am scaring you here”…” we have Senators involved…DOJ involved…reason they called me is to try to harness.”
USPS Whistleblower Richard Hopkins: “I DID NOT RECANT”@shawnboburg and @jacobbogage have been played by the same federal agents on the audio ‘coercing,’ ‘scaring’ the whistleblower to water down allegations. As reporters, they are REQUIRED to include Richard’s denial. REQUIRED
Project Veritas president James O’Keefe released a snippet of the exchange Tuesday in which a man identified as a USPS OIG investigator said that “this storm is getting crazy,” and that “the reason they called me in is to try to harness that storm, to try to reel it back in before it gets really crazy.”

Said Mr. Hopkins: “They were grilling the hell out of me. I feel like I just got played.”

His comments came after the House Oversight Committee tweeted Tuesday that Mr. Hopkins had “completely RECANTED his allegations of a supervisor tampering with mail-in ballots after being questioned by investigators,” citing the Office of Inspector General.

The investigators “informed Committee staff today that they interviewed Hopkins on Friday, but that Hopkins RECANTED HIS ALLEGATIONS yesterday and did not explain why he signed a false affidavit,” tweeted the committee.

Mr. Hopkins said last week he was told to collect late mail-in ballots, and that he overheard his supervisor, Erie postmaster Robert Weisenbach, talk about backdating them to make it appear that the late ballots were received on Nov. 3.

Mr. Weisenbach has denied the allegations, calling them “100% false.”

Mr. Hopkins initially came forward last week as an anonymous whistle-blower with Project Veritas before revealing his identity in an affidavit, which was provided by the Trump campaign and released Saturday by Sen. Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican.

Mr. Ede said that the federal investigators refused to give Mr. Hopkins a copy of the document he had signed.

“He asked multiple times, can I have a copy of what you’re having me sign? They refused, even now, even after they have leaked to Congress and the Washington Post what he supposedly said in that signed statement,” Mr. Ede said.

He alleged that the federal investigator was “a fixer sent in to one job and one job only, and that is to come out with a recanting of the allegations, and he didn’t leave until he had it.”

“This is banana-republic, Soviet-era truth suppression tactics like I’ve never seen before,” Mr. Ede added.

A Project Veritas spokesperson said the group plans to release Wednesday more audio from the federal interview with Mr. Hopkins.

Mr. Hopkins said he did not believe the federal agents who interrogated him were interested in investigating alleged election fraud.

“Honestly, I don’t think they are,” he said.

Mr. Hopkins‘ eyewitness account of organized ballot tampering in Pennsylvania is among a flood of voter fraud allegations in several states.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I'm talking about the results of the recount in Georgia. What's your prediction for any change in result. How big a swing and in which direction.

I've seen a detailed list that across all states showed Biden has included in his vote counting over 2 million Trump votes that were wrongly allocated and there's about another 500,000 that Biden got that he shouldn't.
A TV News statistician said recently that in 35 years of commenting on US elections he's never seen more than a 500 vote variation in any recount. Naturally that doesn't mean that figure wouldn't be higher in this instance, there's always a first time.
Should the vote variation run into many thousands the first thing to do would be to have a second recount even if the count goes Biden's way. I'm not expecting it to be high but with America who knows, whatever the outcome of a recount Trump would need millions of extra votes to flip his way in order to be re-elected so how would that ever happen. We had the same thing with Brexit, I voted to stay because I believed leaving would cause more trouble than it was worth and that seems to be the case. We could have had a recount or even another referendum but would that have made much difference anyway ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We had the same thing with Brexit, I voted to stay because I believed leaving would cause more trouble than it was worth and that seems to be the case. We could have had a recount or even another referendum but would that have made much difference anyway ?
Another referendum would certainly have reversed Brexit into Remain, which is why the Brexiters were so terrified of us having one to make the the result a clearer one.

Advertisers