Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc..those are lawless statements you are making.
No they are not, all were entirely lawful. Our Home Secretary concurred when he removed her citizenship.

It is not how we treat our friends or those on our side that defines civilised behaviour, but how we treat those whose ideals we abhor.
Only applicable when communication is possible. ISIS are far beyond any possibility of civilised human communication, not only with us but with the humans from the past, as witness their wanton destruction of the communicative works of former civilisations.

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Because it is repeated does not make it untrue. Your next sentence contains three assertions none of which are necessarily true. And if they are.
1. Try and then imprison her.
2. Intern her
3. I have my doubts!
She is deemed to be a serious threat to the U.K. We can’t keep her in a prison for ever, so she would need a new identity and close surveillance. Also, her return would pave the way for many other similar people to come back to the U.K. We do not have the resources to monitor them all to the extent that would be required. There would be a very high risk of one slipping through the net and committing / facilitating an atrocity like the Manchester arena bombing.

These people are irretrievable fanatics. They will say, do, and act in any way they can to deceive their way into a situation whereby they can do harm.

This woman made a choice to leave the U.K. and act to harm its citizens and interests. The then Home Secretary very generously severed all of her links to the country she hates so much and doesn’t want to be part of. No longer does she have to be carry the burden of U.K. citizenship. You and Old Groaner are always banging on about how nasty, racist, unwelcoming and inward looking the U.K. is, so surely it’s a good thing for her not to be a U.K. citizen. The Syrian NHS, welfare payments system and housing must be infinitely better than here, so why drag her back?

She’s much better off camping in the sand. Leave her alone and forget about her. It’s none of your business anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: daveboy and flecc

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
  • :D
Reactions: Nev

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
She is deemed to be a serious threat to the U.K. We can’t keep her in a prison for ever, so she would need a new identity and close surveillance. Also, her return would pave the way for many other similar people to come back to the U.K. We do not have the resources to monitor them all to the extent that would be required. There would be a very high risk of one slipping through the net and committing / facilitating an atrocity like the Manchester arena bombing.

These people are irretrievable fanatics. They will say, do, and act in any way they can to deceive their way into a situation whereby they can do harm.

This woman made a choice to leave the U.K. and act to harm its citizens and interests. The then Home Secretary very generously severed all of her links to the country she hates so much and doesn’t want to be part of. No longer does she have to be carry the burden of U.K. citizenship. You and Old Groaner are always banging on about how nasty, racist, unwelcoming and inward looking the U.K. is, so surely it’s a good thing for her not to be a U.K. citizen. The Syrian NHS, welfare payments system and housing must be infinitely better than here, so why drag her back?

She’s much better off camping in the sand. Leave her alone and forget about her. It’s none of your business anyway.
I have NEVER referred to the UK as racist, or even as unwelcoming. Now the interests of the UK have been more badly damaged by Brexiteers like Farage. I am not sure that ISIS was even remotely interested in harming UK citizens as such, they were more interested in creating an intolerant nihilist State in the middle East.
Now I have explained this situation and the totally intolerant self perpetuating quagmire your attitude creates, with three responses ..and as I have previously said that is enough.

Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
I just stumbled across this. What do you think? It might explain Sidney Powell's involvement after Trump said that she's nothing to do with him:
As it's reported on a Wordpress website it could mean anything as its basically a self-published blog website system made to look semi-convincing as a 'news' site.

On that note - Have you seen that Senator Kelly Loeffler is a massive bigot?

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
No they are not, all were entirely lawful. Our Home Secretary concurred when he removed her citizenship.

Only applicable when communication is possible. ISIS are far beyond any possibility of civilised human communication, not only with us but with the humans from the past, as witness their wanton destruction of the communicative works of former civilisations.
I don't know this case very well. Was she born in the UK? How did she become a citizen in the first place?

Reactions: POLLY

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't know this case very well. Was she born in the UK? How did she become a citizen in the first place?
She was born here but left at 15 years old to become a Jihadi bride. Becoming pregant she then wanted to return at 19 years old for the baby's sake while not renouncing her Jihadi beliefs. The Home Secretary removed her British citizenship which he could do since she also had another nationality, Bangladeshi, making the removal legal. She appealed against that but a High Court judge ruled that the removal was legal. Meanwhile her baby died at three weeks old, removing her reason for wanting to return.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Just who would you choose to be in charge during a crisis such as described?

I'd certainly not want the current mob.

UK facing risk of 'systemic economic crisis', official paper says
Exclusive: Cabinet Office briefing seen by Guardian warns that Brexit, Covid, flu, flooding and unrest could lead to chaos

The government has privately admitted the UK faces an increased likelihood of “systemic economic crisis” as it completes its exit from the European Union in the middle of a second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.

A confidential Cabinet Office briefing seen by the Guardian also warns of a “notable risk” that in coming months the country could face a perfect storm of simultaneous disasters, including the prospect of a bad flu season on top of the medical strains caused by Covid.

“Winter 2020 could see a combination of severe flooding, pandemic influenza, a novel emerging infectious disease and coordinated industrial action, against a backdrop of the end of the [Brexit] transition period,” it warns.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/24/uk-facing-risk-of-systemic-economic-crisis-official-paper-says

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
She was born here but left at 15 years old to become a Jihadi bride. Becoming pregant she then wanted to return at 19 years old for the baby's sake while not renouncing her Jihadi beliefs. The Home Secretary removed her British citizenship which he could do since she also had another nationality, Bangladeshi, making the removal legal. She appealed against that but a High Court judge ruled that the removal was legal. Meanwhile her baby died at three weeks old, removing her reason for wanting to return.
Well. If it's legal - and it went to the High court and they confirmed it was legal - I guess that's the end of that then. There are some who might argue that as a citizen she has rights for life - but if that's not the law then I guess we have some sort of unique citizenship. It is as it is. You can't argue with that kind of power and win. Not her against the state she doesn't stand a chance.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Just who would you choose to be in charge during a crisis such as described?

I'd certainly not want the current mob.

UK facing risk of 'systemic economic crisis', official paper says
Exclusive: Cabinet Office briefing seen by Guardian warns that Brexit, Covid, flu, flooding and unrest could lead to chaos

The government has privately admitted the UK faces an increased likelihood of “systemic economic crisis” as it completes its exit from the European Union in the middle of a second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.

A confidential Cabinet Office briefing seen by the Guardian also warns of a “notable risk” that in coming months the country could face a perfect storm of simultaneous disasters, including the prospect of a bad flu season on top of the medical strains caused by Covid.

“Winter 2020 could see a combination of severe flooding, pandemic influenza, a novel emerging infectious disease and coordinated industrial action, against a backdrop of the end of the [Brexit] transition period,” it warns.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/24/uk-facing-risk-of-systemic-economic-crisis-official-paper-says
Sounds exciting.

Reactions: oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Sure. You can have sympathy. But the law is the law. End of.
if you apply the law, Begum does not have Bangladeshi nationality. She could apply for it because her parents are but she hasn't.
Javid's decision was appealed because of it.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Let us hope that the British Government is successful in protecting its citizens from the terrorist Shamima Begum. Hopefully she will remain in her chosen sand pit with all the other terrorist scum.
Barry anybody can be brainwashed into becoming a terrorist. You might not think you can - but I assure you you can. It just takes the right conditions and it is not that difficult.

There but for the grace of God go I.

This does not mean I think she should or should not be allowed back in the country - though if it was up to me I would have her back - but locked up where I could keep an eye on her - providing we could afford it - otherwise - I repeat in a world where I had this sort of power which right now I DO NOT (nor am I suggesting I should or would take the law into my own hands - just to be CRYSTAL clear here) - she should be shot (having her roam around out there free is not my idea of sensible). Like I say that's if it were up to me.

And if she showed signs of genuinely changing her mind - then some sort of day release with tags.

But. It's not up to me and the law has decided so that's that.

Last edited:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
if you apply the law, Begum does not have Bangladeshi nationality. She could apply for it because her parents are but she hasn't.
Javid's decision was appealed because of it.
There you go then, she can apply for citizenship in Bangladesh. Why they’d want her, I don’t know.

I think it’s best if we all forget that she exists.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
There you go then, she can apply for citizenship in Bangladesh. Why they’d want her, I don’t know.

I think it’s best if we all forget that she exists.
there are millions of people that you may not want to exist but they are here.
Begum is notorious because the newspapers picked up her story.
Thousands of other ISIS fighters coming back to Europe and nobody knows what to do with them.
There are just not enough prison places and each will cost about £70k a year to lock up.

Advertisers