Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
you forget that most of the world does not want ex-ISIS members, not even Syria.

Begum is a British problem, other countries have enough of similar problems of their own citizens.
You either have to shoot them or sort them out, the cost of which falls to the nationality of the ex-ISIS members.
But Begum is an exception. It was said at the time that Bangladesh almost certainly would accept her according to their precedent and as a strongly Islamic country that made sense since she would not be any threat to them. But she's made it clear that she didn't want to take that option, then or now.

Having listened to the Chancellor's statement earlier and a discussion afterwards, I am much more concerned for the future of who truly are our own young people. Once all the factors are considered, our immense debt and its prognosis, Brexit implications, the Covid future even on the most optimistic view and the state of our economic infrastructure, their twenty to thirty year prospects are likely to be very poor. That's a very depressing start to life.

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Back to mind your own ******* business more like.
I wish we'd taken that line decades ago in every matter, but sadly we've always been obsessed with the mythical Special Relationship. I bet there's been many a political snigger about that in the US of A, along the lines of "special my arse".

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Skype is satisfactory. People appear via video link all the time.
Try and come across as being less of a twit. Do you understand concepts of gang rule, cohersion and how the internal gangs police prisons and in this case, concentration camps. She cannot answer any questions truthfully while in such a camp . ISIS will still have eyes and ears and sympathy elsewhere.

• :D

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
you forget that most of the world does not want ex-ISIS members, not even Syria.

Begum is a British problem, other countries have enough of similar problems of their own citizens.
You either have to shoot them or sort them out, the cost of which falls to the nationality of the ex-ISIS members.
It’s not possible to sort this self declared enemy out. It’s massively labour intensive work. The number of staff required to work with, monitor and keep the enemy secure would completely overwhelm all of our services. There is likely to be insufficient people willing to train and be employed to deal with this enemy too.

If left unchecked, the likes of Begum poses a real risk of buying the ball bearings for use in a bomb that will blow up your family. I really think you don’t understand what we are dealing with. These aren’t kids that have gone slightly off the rails and can be sorted out with a canoeing course. They are dedicated to the point of willingly giving up their lives in order to kill you or your family.

So of your two options, I’d choose the bullet solution. However, I’d prefer a third option of not accepting them back inside the country they have deserted in order to fight against.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Try and come across as being less of a twit. Do you understand concepts of gang rule, cohersion and how the internal gangs police prisons and in this case, concentration camps. She cannot answer any questions truthfully while in such a camp . ISIS will still have eyes and ears and sympathy elsewhere.
ISIS is her chosen family. Why should she fear her chosen people? She chose to leave the U.K. to join them.

Anyway, I doubt she will be coming back, which endorses what a dangerous and uninformed fool you are. Thankfully, no one of any importance or influence listens to you.

Reactions: POLLY

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
But Begum is an exception.
Leave the hearsay or the tabloids out of this for a minute.
in what way is she an exception?
Compared to the other 3000 or so British ISIS members, did she kill people like them? Did she torture any one?
The main notable fact is she run away from home at the age of 15.
That's not exceptional.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
But Begum is an exception. It was said at the time that Bangladesh almost certainly would accept her according to their precedent and as a strongly Islamic country that made sense since she would not be any threat to them. But she's made it clear that she didn't want to take that option, then or now.

Having listened to the Chancellor's statement earlier and a discussion afterwards, I am much more concerned for the future of who truly are our own young people. Once all the factors are considered, our immense debt and its prognosis, Brexit implications, the Covid future even on the most optimistic view and the state of our economic infrastructure, their twenty to thirty year prospects are likely to be very poor. That's a very depressing start to life.
"Almost certainly " ..that is a huge step from "has dual citizenship ." And actually they have already said NO.
She is a UK problem,..and the options I discussed in my early posting is the way to go .
1. Charge and try and punish if guilty.
2. Section under Mental Health Act if necessary
3. Provide therapeutic treatment and rehabilitation if necessary.

At present we have in my local town, an Irishwoman who also joined ISIS land having been brainwashed,and she is on remand ,but with her parents , under strict parole..the trial being deferred until CV19 restrictions relaxed.
Soviet Russia absorbed millions of their own soldiers back post WW2 who had raped their way across Germany. ..A couple of thousand in a population of 60 million is negligible.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
ISIS is her chosen family. Why should she fear her chosen people? She chose to leave the U.K. to join them.

Anyway, I doubt she will be coming back, which endorses what a dangerous and uninformed fool you are. Thankfully, no one of any importance or influence listens to you.
And you know any of this as a fact?.
A 15 year old impressionable child left the UK. ..that is the only fact.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I wish we'd taken that line decades ago in every matter, but sadly we've always been obsessed with the mythical Special Relationship. I bet there's been many a political snigger about that in the US of A, along the lines of "special my arse".
Having lived in the US and still have many friends there I can say that from my very unique and limited experience ordinary yanks really do hold us in some special place. I don't know if its just that's where a lot of them originally came from (their families I mean) - or possibly more through their experience of WW2. Either way where ever I went in the US I always found a friendly face and a willingness to help.

• Agree

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
"Almost certainly " ..that is a huge step from "has dual citizenship ." And actually they have already said NO.
She is a UK problem,..and the options I discussed in my early posting is the way to go .
1. Charge and try and punish if guilty.
2. Section under Mental Health Act if necessary
3. Provide therapeutic treatment and rehabilitation if necessary.

At present we have in my local town, an Irishwoman who also joined ISIS land having been brainwashed,and she is on remand ,but with her parents , under strict parole..the trial being deferred until CV19 restrictions relaxed.
Soviet Russia absorbed millions of their own soldiers back post WW2 who had raped their way across Germany. ..A couple of thousand in a population of 60 million is negligible.
You are totally detached from the real and practical world.

I imagine you have talked plenty and done little.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Having lived in the US and still have many friends there I can say that from my very unique and limited experience ordinary yanks really do hold us in some special place. I don't know if its just that's where a lot of them originally came from (their families I mean) - or possibly more through their experience of WW2. Either way where ever I went in the US I always found a friendly face and a willingness to help.
Exactly my experience too.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Soviet Russia absorbed millions of their own soldiers back post WW2 who had raped their way across Germany.
Not the Soviet troops who had been captured by Germans and freed by the allies - they did't want to go back to Stalin as they knew their fate, some preferring suicide.

We interned lots of Germans on Isle of Man but parliament got most of them released in 1940-41

"An outcry in Parliament led to the first releases of internees in August 1940. By February 1941 more than 10,000 had been freed, and by the following summer, only 5,000 were left in internment camps. Many of those released from internment subsequently contributed to the war effort on the Home Front or served in the armed forces."

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Leave the hearsay or the tabloids out of this for a minute.
in what way is she an exception?
Compared to the other 3000 or so British ISIS members, did she kill people like them? Did she torture any one?
The main notable fact is she run away from home at the age of 15.
That's not exceptional.
What a weird reading of what I posted! The exception was clearly in her having an alternative citizenship route which the other 1500 you mentioned didn't have.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree, but I was speaking of their politicians.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What a weird reading of what I posted! The exception was clearly in her having an alternative citizenship route which the other 1500 you mentioned didn't have.
I think you'll find lots among the 3000 UK born ISIS followers have immigrant parents. Why single her out?
FYI, there are a few cases similar to Begum's currently going through Court but their identity is not plastered on the tabloids.
These people pose a serious security problem to any country that let them stay, but they are not unique. We create cultural and physical wars, there are consequences.

Reactions: POLLY

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You are totally detached from the real and practical world.

I imagine you have talked plenty and done little.
Your imagination is not my problem. I have had a lifetime of dealing in facts, and if had looked over past posting, I do not respond to personal attacks ...I find that indifference works much better.

Advertisers