Brexit, for once some facts.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Remember what he said about shipping container costs from China rising?
Of course, and when that’s solved I have every confidence that something else will come along ;)

I don’t really need a new ebike. My 13 year old Kalkhoff Pro-Connect is still going strong. I don’t use it very often now I don’t commute to work, but I still think it’s as good as anything you can buy today.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

POLLY

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
Chesterfield
Not at all all the world's a stimulating place I don't have to search for negatives not when people lie cheat and swindle in the way that people are doing in the name of expediency,the simple fact is things are not being done properly and there's no excuse, just more lies.

My explanation? they got the ordering sequence wrong causing delays because they underestimated the efficiency of the people who are rolling out the vaccine , and your explanation?

Instead of being critical of me me you should be critical of this government you elected ,why do you support them ? Is it purely because you can't bear to have been wrong?

It's a bit rich having somebody who voted for this shower telling me to get my head looked at perhaps you need an entirely new one with a working brain? Have you considered that?
Votes don't count in an election!

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Since were going off topic, what does thread think of cryptocurrency? Son started mining using graphics card. But it dived in value. read what musk said about it - surreal **** about money being data and nothing having intrinsic value. Everything has become very relative. Trump seem a realist (or distant memory of one) in this brave new world.
A bit of a tech monster - can't see it going away and scary the amount of energy it consumes in mining.

Maybe in future the number crunching mining will move to space to be powered by solar generated power. Hence Musk's interest.

• Informative
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

POLLY

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
Chesterfield
A bit of a tech monster - can't see it going away and scary the amount of energy it consumes in mining.

Maybe in future the number crunching mining will move to space to be powered by solar generated power. Hence Musk's interest.

Space is 100% FAKE

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

It feels a major cultural shift. "Virtual" takes on a new meaning. Vfr, er I mean polly's, conspiracy theories seem a safe space by comparison.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc and Nev

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Since were going off topic, what does thread think of cryptocurrency? Son started mining using graphics card. But it dived in value. read what musk said about it - surreal **** about money being data and nothing having intrinsic value.
I don't really understand crypto currencies much but I do think that Musk is onto something when talking about value. Money or other assets are only worth something if people think they are worth something, once they stop believing they are worth something then they can become worthless very quickly.

I recently read an excellent book on money by Jacob Goldstein titled Money the true story of a made up thing, there is a good section in it on crypto currencies.

Do I wish I had bought some bitcoin a few years ago, absolutely, would I buy some today no, at least not directly. I think one or two of the funds I hold do have a small percentage of their assets in bitcoin and other cryptos.

If you or your son have an account with the Yorkshire Building Society take a look at their latest savings account. I just opened one today, its called the Loyalty Regular Saver, you can save up to £500 per month for a year and they are paying 3.5% interest (variable) which I think is the best rate you can currently get from a bank or BS in the UK.

Advertisers