Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Conditions of entry have always exited. I can’t get into some pubs in trainers or certain restaurants in shorts for example. A requirement for vaccination is no different and I don’t remember you getting excited about shorts and trainers.
Some pubs and restaurants.

With vaccine passports it will no doubt be all those premises, as it is with mask wearing.

So as I said, no choice and thus in no way a silly answer.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner and sjpt

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
What you are saying is that entry will be conditional in some establishments based upon the vaccination passport. A commercial decision undertaken by the establishment owner.
IF the passports/id cards ever happen then entry requirement may be A commercial decision undertaken by the establishment owner. or it may be mandated by law for some establishments.

e.g. As I understand it, track and trace registration or taking the name and address of each customer over 16 is to be mandated for restaurants after the next lockdown relaxation, not to be a commercial decision by the establishment owner.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
IF the passports/id cards ever happen then entry requirement may be A commercial decision undertaken by the establishment owner. or it may be mandated by law for some establishments.
Maybe. But I suggest that the establishments' insurers might have something to say. If the establishment chose to allow non-holders of vaccination (etc.) passports to enter, the establishment might appear liable for any who get infected while there. Even if the likelihood of proof emerging is low, the insurers are probably in no mood to accept the risk. That is, the insurer might say that they have to refuse non-holders otherwise they will not insure them at all.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020

e.g. As I understand it, track and trace registration or taking the name and address of each customer over 16 is to be mandated for restaurants after the next lockdown relaxation, not to be a commercial decision by the establishment owner.
That’s all fine with me. If they want to let me know that I’ve been in close proximity to someone with Covid, good. If I ever get it and they want to tell someone else who’s had contact with me, that’s good too.

If you don’t want to give your name and address, that’s fine, nobody is going to torture it out of you, but you won’t be allowed anywhere near me, which is great.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Since when did you indulge in intelligent reasoned investigation?
let's take that first remark of yours
"Saying 126,000 died because of this Govt's handling is utterly ridiculous."
The Government is responsible for the Health and Safety of the population
Compare that with New Zealand
And you are unable to see the real reasons?
And another thing , as I said before I am no fan of the Labour leaders pst and present, but then you either fail utterly to understand my post, or just automatically post rubbish and a sermon in response
And now you are trying to pass yourself off as the voice of reason?

Have you asked Susan her opinion too? :D
Comparing our situation with New Zealand is stupid.
Population density, travel, travellers, trade, air travel, isolation, health, age distribution, obesity levels, pollution, hypertension, ethnic groups/social /economic standing, work patterns, industry etc etc. You couldn't really find another more different country. Antarctica hasn't done bad either.
If you must compare, compare like with like. Our nearest (England more than UK) is probably Belgium with health, socio economic groupings, ethnic minority, population density.. etc etc.. But it's easier to just blame nearest Tory,or folk you decide are tories.
It really shows how ill informed you are thinking that somehow UK could have replicated situation in NZ. Utter absolute stupidity.
Perhaps the whole world should have stopped completely... And all starved to death. Idiot.
Have you heard OG, 30 people drowned in their baths last year.. Mind I suppose your policy will be to keep taking baths but tell every fecker else to bin theirs. Like you did with vaccine. Bonkers springs to mind.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The decision UK government took to be part of liability, removing it from companies was one of processes that helped get vaccines out quickly and the decision is double edged.
With government, society in fact, in firing line for claims in future puts more oweness on them to make right decisions. Yep, we know all the left wing loony tune clowns on here will see it differently.
On the 30 blood clots found in the 18 million plus recipients of the quasi effective, coma inducing AZ poison, how many were in the un vaccinated... Oh, hang on a minute UK doesn't have many of those now.
I think breathing has got awfully dangerous these days, let's face it all these people breathing and getting cancer, having accidents and dying of covid. Must be the air.. Its only thing we all do so must be..
Stop breathing, you won't catch anything and accidents will never happen. Sorted.
30 clots out of 18 million vaccinated.
You really are more likely to die from using toaster in kitchen this morning. That's it, no toast for Woosh and OG. It's too dangerous. And it causes cancer anyway.

I, ve just looked figures up, check by all means. Electricution by household appliances in the home is way above 30 per year... So I checked down the list to find a risk on par with the 30 quoted. It's taking a bath. Apparently on average every year 30 people die (by accident, not suicide) in the bath.. And that's drowning not having some contract killer chucking a heater in with you. That's it for Woosh and OG. Bin the bath..
Hang on you are being a little hard on yourself, how many times have you cried out about the failures of the Labour party and wanted a better on, yet now call yourself this?
"left wing loony tune clowns on here will see it differently. "

And by the way, thanks for the new word, you should really apply tor this modern version of speech therapy
"Electricution" :D

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Maybe. But I suggest that the establishments' insurers might have something to say. If the establishment chose to allow non-holders of vaccination (etc.) passports to enter, the establishment might appear liable for any who get infected while there. Even if the likelihood of proof emerging is low, the insurers are probably in no mood to accept the risk. That is, the insurer might say that they have to refuse non-holders otherwise they will not insure them at all.
An unrestricted free for all with no masks, no vaccination and no checks whatsoever will appeal to some and there will be a market for establishments operating under those conditions. People will go there, get Covid and some will die. Fine by me.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
An unrestricted free for all with no masks, no vaccination and no checks whatsoever will appeal to some and there will be a market for establishments operating under those conditions. People will go there, get Covid and some will die. Fine by me.
Are the Government suggesting another "Eat out to help out then?"
It thinned the ranks of the plebs out last time, didn't it?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Have you heard OG, 30 people drowned in their baths last year.. Mind I suppose your policy will be to keep taking baths but tell every fecker else to bin theirs. Like you did with vaccine. Bonkers springs to mind.
You're displaying your ignorance again
How many times do I have to repeat that I have never suggested anyone not have any vaccine?
The truth is you really never take any notice of the written word, just roll out your own version every time.
Incidentally I am about to take out the bath and change the room to a wet room with seated shower so my wife can use it safely.
So if you want a recommendation..
Bin your bath sunshine! :D

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Are the Government suggesting another "Eat out to help out then?"
It thinned the ranks of the plebs out last time, didn't it?
Dunno, I thought it was dangerous and didn’t engage in Eat out to Help Out. If they do similar again, I won’t partake again. The police didn’t come to my house and force me to go to a local restaurant.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Dunno, I thought it was dangerous and didn’t engage in Eat out to Help Out. If they do similar again, I won’t partake again. The police didn’t come to my house and force me to go to a local restaurant.
But the fact the government supported the idea was a very dangerous and ultimately lethal for many people
They were only interested in profit making

• Agree
Reactions: Jesus H Christ

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
you won’t be allowed anywhere near me, which is great.
Great for everyone else too, given how dangerous you are. We only need half the population to think as you do for us to unwittingly arrive at an oppressive police state.

You might mean well, but it's clear you have no idea how far the loss of freedom has long gone, all by a combination of apparently reasonable persuasion, misuse of the law, bullying and propaganda.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
How many times do I have to repeat that I have never suggested anyone not have any vaccine?
The truth is you really never take any notice of the written word, just roll out your own version every time.
Zlatan never really replies to anyone, he invariably replies to his imagination. At length.

• Agree

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Great for everyone else too, given how dangerous you are. We only need half the population to think as you do for us to unwittingly arrive at an oppressive police state.

You might mean well, but it's clear you have no idea how far the loss of freedom has long gone, all by a combination of apparently reasonable persuasion, misuse of the law, bullying and propaganda.
You are beginning to sound as cranky as POLLY.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Well I applaud your common sense,in that instance, but if you don't think that Government taxation, grants , opinion does not sway public behaviour, that common sense does not go far.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You are beginning to sound as cranky as POLLY.
Not cranky at all. I just have consideration for all others, not just one's clones. I very much doubt you'll even understand what I meant by that.

Where Covid and vaccines are concerned I don't have an axe to grind. I'm accepting the vaccines because they are a good thing, albeit more for others than for me. And I'm practising the defensive measures against spreading, often with tailored modification to maximise their effectiveness for my circumstances.

But I don't want Covid to be excused as a means of excessive control and loss of freedom. The combination of police and government is a powerful and inherently potentially corrupt one which always has to be watched. We saw this at the outset when given the excuse of lockdown rules, police chief officers were unlawfully criticising and ordering people home for being out in the countryside isolated. Individual police officers were entering supermarkets without authority and unlawfully searching peoples shopping bags for non-essentials, despite there being no law against them buying those and officers not in a position to know what was a non-essential. One officer even stopped his car to wrongly tell a family they were breaking the law by being in their own garden.

You have a view on the vaccine passport's desirability, but be in no doubt that some in authority in police, secret service and political positions see an entirely different advantage. They are the same people who had to be defeated when they so vigorously promoted the adoption of compulsory ID cards.

Such controlling measures are very much the stuff of the far right wing, so when even our far right like extremist John Redwood and Ian Duncan-Smith are opposed to the vaccine passport, something is very clearly wrong if they are smelling a rat.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Hang on a minute here Flecc and OG. Aa 6 Yr old brought up by Orang Utangs in Borneo could understand OG's posts.
He says UK should have done as well as New Zealand... That's hardly pulitzer prize material is it. Or he says "AZ has had 30 blood clotting incidents".
Jesus, anybody would think he, s explaining quantum physics.
OG operates at a level of "anything to do with Tory govt is bad". Whether it's good bad or different is irrelevant to him.
He can't even make up his mind whether vaccine is risky or not. One post he says it is, next day he, s stood in queu demanding his right for second. Next day he, s back to telling anybody without sense to not listen that it's risky.
Come on OG, should AZ vaccine roll out have been delayed in various countries.? Yes or no. Not some wishy washy bull sh! T. Seems you change your mind on it every day.
You could always blame the vaccine, seen as you took the extremely dangerous risk of having it.
OG thinks comparing our situation with New Zealand is investigative and profound. Its neither. Its ridiculous. As would comparing any major European country with NZ.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Interminably, ad nauseum :cool:
Yep, of course.
Just to put your stupid comparison in perspective.
It is believed one of major influences on a countries ability to cope/reduce/get decent out come from Covid is population density.
New Zealand has 18 occupants for every square kilometer.
England has 275. Yep, great shout OG, like all your posts. Utter BS.
We haven't even mentioned the difference in capability to shut down and isolate either country.
What UK should have done for a better outcome is send 55 million or so people to live in NZ... UK could have had a fantastic outcome then.

• :D

Advertisers