Brexit, for once some facts.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Alan Duncan describes some of his ex colleagues with fondness!

He said the pm was "a clown, a self-centred ego, an embarrassing buffon, with an untidy mind and sub-zero diplomatic judgment".

Teresa May was criticised as being "a frightened rabbit, a carboard cut-out, her social skills as sub-zero".

Priti Patel was "a nothing person, a complete and utter nightmare, the Wicked Witch of Witham".

More on the story here.
Boris Johnson ‘a clown’ with no diplomacy skills, says ex-deputy in diaries | Boris Johnson | The Guardian

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Points 4 to infinity : The threat from the vaccine is less than the threat from the virus.
It is FOR ME, it is for my brother at 75 and heart surgery and diabetes, it is for my sister being treated for lung cancer who got the AZ last week, it is for my Son,who got the AZ last weekend . AZ MIGHT not be for my Daughter. You are being grossly simplistic.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It is FOR ME, it is for my brother at 75 and heart surgery and diabetes, it is for my sister being treated for lung cancer who got the AZ last week, it is for my Son,who got the AZ last weekend . AZ MIGHT not be for my Daughter. You are being grossly simplistic.
Goodness, you and yours have had lots to think about lately. Hope all goes well irrespective of our differing views. Puts things in perspective.
Don't think the concerns around AZ vaccine are worth your while to worry about... But I, m not in your shoes. I wouldn't even be going there... We can't control everything, infact I sometimes wonder if we have control over anything. Delving deeper and deeper just makes decision harder...
Anyhow... Good luck.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Alan Duncan describes some of his ex colleagues with fondness!

He said the pm was "a clown, a self-centred ego, an embarrassing buffon, with an untidy mind and sub-zero diplomatic judgment".

Teresa May was criticised as being "a frightened rabbit, a carboard cut-out, her social skills as sub-zero".

Priti Patel was "a nothing person, a complete and utter nightmare, the Wicked Witch of Witham".

More on the story here.
Boris Johnson ‘a clown’ with no diplomacy skills, says ex-deputy in diaries | Boris Johnson | The Guardian
I appreciate your posting a link to The Guardian re something being serialised in the Daily Mail. :)

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner and Nev

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I see vaccine passports - however implemented - are a main story today. Explicitly identified as being for England.

And yet, it is said any app side will take until September (or later?). Have they not been preparing for this possibility for months?

Have they considered how any system could work across the four nations?

On Monday, Johnson will reassure people that the passports should not be used on public transport or essential shops.
Quite how will he ensure that "should" translates into "won't, ever"?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I know it's weekend but only 10 deaths and 3500 cases today... Let's hope it stays of that order...
I prefer to look at the 7-day average as anything less is very biased by weekly trends and by noise (and bank holidays). That's standing at 37 cases per day, but still dropping significantly. The 7-day average cases is 4046; 59.6 per million.

I'm delighted to see the cases are still dropping significantly. I thought they had stabilized in the 80-90 region around early March, but I was wrong and under 60 now is great. I hope it stays that way or even continues dropping; with more unlocking and the long weekend holiday I'm not too optimistic.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
"One swallow does not a spring provide" and all that, but one of the few Irish redtops has an interesting snippet. An Irish sufferer of Long Covid claims immediate relief ..well within a day or so, after getting the AZ vaccine. It will be interesting to see if this is replicated

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
"One swallow does not a spring provide" and all that, but one of the few Irish redtops has an interesting snippet. An Irish sufferer of Long Covid claims immediate relief ..well within a day or so, after getting the AZ vaccine. It will be interesting to see if this is replicated
And whether it is as much psychosomatic as physical.

Your modern version of the old saw was an interesting seasonal shift from the original saying, "One swallow doth not a Summer make".

Global warming perhaps!

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Same possibility was mentioned in a BBC radio program a few weeks back.

Advertisers