Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Anyone fancy joining me in seeking a ban on PP?

Priti Patel seeks ban on social media posts that ‘glamourise’ migrant crossings

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Anyone fancy joining me in seeking a ban on PP?

Priti Patel seeks ban on social media posts that ‘glamourise’ migrant crossings
And how does she think she'll achieve that?

I think we need a ban on cabinet ministers who act before thinking.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Here's a corker

It seem Brexit was an EU trap all along!
Pathetic if Biden's visit forces the pace. Hardly taking back control, is it?

Isn't everyone now following Johnson's instruction to bin forms?

Johnson tells Northern Ireland businesses to ‘bin’ customs forms
Boris Johnson told supporters there would be ‘no forms, no checks, no barriers of any kind’ on goods crossing the Irish sea after Brexit.

Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I see Boris wants to ditch the term "Special relationship with America as it makes Britain seem "needy and weak"
My tweeted response

Johnson tells Biden that he feels the term 'Special Relationship' makes Britain seem “needy and weak” - Biden says "Glad you feel that way, remember to ask How high? when I tell you to jump

Boris as usual was lying
Britain is weedy and meek

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I see Boris wants to ditch the term "Special relationship with America as it makes Britain seem "needy and weak"

Britain is weedy and meek
I actually agree with Boris and have long believed we need to detach ourselves from the USA which keeps us "weedy and meek".

We need to realign with Europe instead and realise that the USA and the West will not be so dominant in future. It will be the Orient and particularly China and quite possibly the current China-Russia alliance which will be as powerful or even the dominant force in the world.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I actually agree with Boris and have long believed we need to detach ourselves from the USA which keeps us "weedy and meek".

We need to realign with Europe instead and realise that the USA and the West will not be so dominant in future. It will be the Orient and particularly China and quite possibly the current China-Russia alliance which will be as powerful or even the dominant force in the world.
There is a huge degree of sense in being highly cooperative with your geographical neighbours when it comes to military things.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There is a huge degree of sense in being highly cooperative with your geographical neighbours when it comes to military things.
Indeed, just as we deserted the Channel Islands next to France in WW2, the USA would probably desert us next to Europe in a future conflict, following their WW2 experiences of supporting us.

They only reluctantly supported us back then since they had an objective, to destroy the European countries Empires, which they did.

• Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Indeed, just as we deserted the Channel Islands next to France in WW2, the USA would probably desert us next to Europe in a future conflict, following their WW2 experiences of supporting us.

They only reluctantly supported us back then since they had an objective, to destroy the European countries Empires, which they did.
You were referring to the Iles Normande .. which are certainly in what normally would be French Territorial Waters . No way could they be be viewed as being in any Channel. ..well maybe Alderney might make thst claim

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

And they couldn't screw any more money out of us for munitions too

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Covid contract for firm run by Cummings friends was unlawful, judge rules
Judge says contract given to firm run by friends of Boris Johnson’s former chief adviser was awarded illegally

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
How to defuse PMQ by asking nonsense questions:

Ben Bradley (Con) asks for a meeting with the PM to discuss options for the East Midlands.

Johnson says Bradley already has a ministerial meeting lined up.

(I thought Johnson was pretty stupid but this Bradley fella is really taking the urine.)

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Reactions: oyster

Advertisers