Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Looking at the "Anti lockdown" protests going on, I can't help wonder how you can raise such passion against something they demanded the government end , after it has!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Although I have not checked the stats myself I have heard several reports that the infection rate in Scotland which was at one time some of the highest in Europe has leveled off and is now starting to come down. If this is the case then does that hold out some hope that the rest of the UK will also start to level off and come down over the next few weeks.

Or will the easing of most lockdown measures mean the case rate will continue to increase right into the autumn?
I believe it will level and come down shortly after the current rise. I disagree with the gloomy forecasts.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I disagree with the gloomy forecasts.
Prof Neil Ferguson was substantially right on his forecasts since covid began, so there is no reason why I shouldn't take his estimates on board. The 60,000/day figure before September is my guess, based on current 50,000 level.

Reactions: oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Prof Neil Ferguson was substantially right on his forecasts since covid began, so there is no reason why I shouldn't take his estimates on board. The 60,000/day figure before September is my guess, based on current 50,000 level.
I'm a patient chap, so I'm happy to wait until we see the results.

I'm betting Ferguson is wrong, but I wouldn't bet against your 60,000 before September.

Sweden will be ok though. :p

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
What Joy!
According to the Independent
Lateral Flow Covid test run out on the day lockdown is fully lifted.

• Informative

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Latest news

The Government has decided not to vaccinate teenagers
Because we definitely have enough Pfizer vaccine to do it , despite remainer claims.

That's a relief, isn't it?
Also apparently Johnson has made a claim that if you catch Covid you will live longer

That has cheered me up as I'm only 77

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Latest news

The Government has decided not to vaccinate teenagers
Because we definitely have enough Pfizer vaccine to do it , despite remainer claims.

That's a relief, isn't it?
Also apparently Johnson has made a claim that if you catch Covid you will live longer

That has cheered me up as I'm only 77
Better hope Covid is over within three years - otherwise you will be in the disposable over-80 group.

Can't help wondering whether Stanley appreciates his son's attitude?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Better hope Covid is over within three years - otherwise you will be in the disposable over-80 group.

Stanley was all in favour of reducing the population, so the likely answer to that is yes!

• Informative

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Not so much whitewash as super new PerGreensil-wash.

David Cameron showed ‘significant lack of judgment’ on Greensill, inquiry finds
Commons finds ex-PM did not break lobbying rules by bombarding ministers with messages – but only because rules are too weak

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Better not as it's wobbling already! :D
No this thread isn't wobbling, it's just taking a breather after the five year point to get ready for the next five years.

It will still be here when we rejoin the EU, arguing about whether that's a good thing.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Johnson's view on this is similar to mine and one of the reasons I say Covid has been grossly exaggerated.

It isn't the major killer that's been portrayed, most of those dying have only done so because they were in the age zone of life being no longer viable, and/or with other underlying diseases. And those with Covid at younger ages are often very little affected and survivors anyway.

Influenza for the 21st century.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well I appreciate that attitude at almost half way through the eighties, when there's plenty else that can kill me now. Covid which I haven't even got yet is the least of my health concerns.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No this thread isn't wobbling, it's just taking a breather after the five year point to get ready for the next five years.

It will still be here when we rejoin the EU, arguing about whether that's a good thing.
It was a topical jest about the moon actually wobbling, flecc, just seemed appropriate.
NASA predicts moon 'wobble' and climate change will lead to more floods, more often The slightest change in the moon's orbit could see big problems for coastal regions.
:D

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and flecc

Advertisers