Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Bisphenol A - and others. Can affect thyroid among other systems.

But how is that getting into atmosphere from epoxy usage. You aren't supposed to spray it.. Yes, I get the leaching over years and years but the manufacturers will be having to collect any pollutants... And using prepreg (from fridges) or laying up manually will release almost zero. Yes, spraying might cause issues.. Think you are jumping to conclusions a bit. Cured epoxy is amazingly stable, uncured at room temp leaches next to nothing into atmosphere.??

Think epoxy is getting a bad press from the very people who propogated its use a few years ago. The artists, tik tok and so called environmentalists.
That's why I asked about any figures you have for link you claim. It's fairly well documented water will eventually leach chemicals out of epoxy water tanks, more so when hot.. But polluting atmosphere???

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
But how is that getting into atmosphere from epoxy usage. You aren't supposed to spray it.. Yes, I get the leaching over years and years but the manufacturers will be having to collect any pollutants... And using prepreg (from fridges) or laying up manually will release almost zero. Yes, spraying might cause issues.. Think you are jumping to conclusions a bit. Cured epoxy is amazingly stable, uncured at room temp leaches next to nothing into atmosphere.??
Feel free to spend some time reading:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Terrible news! I've fixed my bike, which means I can no longer rely on an irresistable urge to escape, to help make myself go slow jogging: From now on I'll need to use actual willpower, exclusively. And what's worse, is that I now ebike with zero effort - where previously I was using 20% effort (80% "Keep Current") using pedal assist, I now use 0% (100% "Keep Current")... it's throttle without a throttle. On a positive note, my knees don't hurt all all after ebiking anymore, because miming the act of cycling needs little force to achieve. For me, pedelecing is recreation, not exercise.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Feel free to spend some time reading:

Thanks
Contact dermatitis from plastic pockets...???
Dug deep for that one..
I, ll keep using epoxy... No issues yet...

And glad to see Labour Party deputy leader has apologised and promised not to use such language/tone/insults again. Gone up in my estimation. Well done.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Some interesting findings in this study, it suggests protection from vaccination declines after just 3 months. I know the vaccines do a great job of keeping people out of hospital but I am coming around to fleccs thinking that they are nothing like all they were cracked up to be.
The vaccines work better and for longer, if you have an immune system which functions well, and that does also vary with age. The UK is the "Fat Man of Europe", and as such it's highly arguable if following the same strategy as the Swiss would have resulted in the same outcome. We're also one of the major transport hubs of the world, far more so than countries like Switzerland - what isn't known (by me), is what variants they were exposed to when, and how (or if) those resulted in effective antibodies, or by how much. It will all come out in the wash (or whitewash), many years hence.

Reactions: Zlatan

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
They'll advertise tax cuts for the people they're taxing early now, at the election. It's a winning strategy, which may fool much of the "Red Wall" with short attention spans; russet bricks which helped so much, voting them in.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
They'll advertise tax cuts for the people they're taxing early now, at the election. It's a winning strategy, which may fool much of the "Red Wall" with short attention spans; russet bricks which helped so much, voting them in.
Any strategy or even no strategy is a winning formula for Tories at moment.

Reactions: Jesus H Christ

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Shouldn't conflict of interest be one of the obvious and important things to consider?

After all, we as ordinary citizens are expected to weigh up such things every time we make choices about what to buy and who from, which fuel or phone supplier, etc.

‘No evidence’ conflicts of interest were considered in Greensill contracts – NAO
National Audit Office reviewed NHS and pharmacy pay contracts given to David Cameron’s former adviser

Investigation into supply chain finance in the NHS

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Any strategy or even no strategy is a winning formula for Tories at moment.
If the conservatives don't change, current poll prediction: conservatives will lose overall majority in 2024.
Current predictions:
Con: 317 short by 9.
Lab: 243
LibD: 13
SNP: 53
PC: 4

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
If the conservatives don't change, current poll prediction: conservatives will lose overall majority in 2024.
Current predictions:
Right direction (ha!) but nowhere near far enough.

I want every single tory MP (and prospective) to be expecting to lose their deposits.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Herr Starmer seems like the sort of leader to coalesce Labour with SNP.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Current predictions:
You know better than I do mid term polls are worse than GE ones and they are rubbish..
Once it comes to putting mark on paper... Tories get the vote... Come on Woosh at moment alternative is a joke and a broken one at that.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
You know better than I do mid term polls are worse than GE ones and they are rubbish..
Once it comes to putting mark on paper... Tories get the vote... Come on Woosh at moment alternative is a joke and a broken one at that.
[/QUOTE]
As always in our past political change (will) happen as a result of pain (black wednesday, iraq, suez) not thinking (electorate as deep in persistent vegetative syndrome as ever). Next 12 months will bring lots of that - affordability crisis and god knows what happen to covid after schools get going again. Polls mean nothing, at all.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Drakeford sallies forth:

13m ago 11:05

• Wales is set to announce changes in its Covid restrictions as a result of the rising case numbers across the UK. The Welsh government will be encouraging people to work from home if possible, and also insisting that anybody in a household with somebody who has tested positive also isolates until they have a negative PCR test.
  • First minister of Wales Mark Drakeford was critical of the UK government, saying “the numbers at this level are causing harm in the community ,are driving more people into hospital. And we have to make a concerted effort over the next three weeks to bring those numbers down. I have for a number of weeks been urging [the UK government] to move to Plan B. It would certainly help us here in Wales to have a single communication that says across England and Wales we are all taking this virus as seriously as we need to take it as we go into the autumn and the winter.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
god knows what happen to covid after schools get going again.
Not necessarily a problem. Here's the latest for what you think is my mythical location:

Testing positive rate per 100,000: National 477.1 My Postcode 193.7

Death rate per 100,000: National 1.3 My Postcode 0.3

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
As always in our past political change (will) happen as a result of pain (black wednesday, iraq, suez) not thinking (electorate as deep in persistent vegetative syndrome as ever). Next 12 months will bring lots of that - affordability crisis and god knows what happen to covid after schools get going again. Polls mean nothing, at all.
[/QUOTE]
I suppose we are agreeing over some aspects. Polls are meaningless... Where we don't agree is this post apolyptic scenario you describe... That's always the Labour strategy... Let Tories win.... Until they ruin everything... Trouble is most think"goodness me, this is bad, imagine how much worse it would be with ******* incharge. (fill in the blanks for any Labour leader/deputy since Brown/Blair).. End result is Tories... Forever. Well certainly next election.

Advertisers