Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Banging my head remains the prime suspect but I can't remember. At least that's what the consultant thought.
Both my wife and I usually self isolate but we did meet up with family at Christmas. They later tested positive.
We thought we might have also caught Covid because we had some of the other cold like symptoms for a couple of weeks, persistent dry coughs, sore throat, noticeable reduction of sense of taste but still had sense of smell etc. No fever and my wife did not have a headache. So we did LFT tests which turned out negative, then PCR tests, again negative.
It does not matter now, our worries were an aneurysm. I am just glad that the headache went away when it did.
I had a headache, atypical - very much left side, ear to crown, for a couple of weeks. And I am convinced that it is due to shingles. Now mostly gone - thankfully.

I rarely get headaches, though I do get visual migraines.

Mrs Honeyman

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2021
It won't make any difference, but I feel a need to let my local MP know my feelings. This MP attends my local cycling group and we ride together. I think that might be ending:

Let me know if you spot any typos before I send it please:

The Prime Minister’s remark linking Sir Keir Starmer to Jimmy Saville.

I find it necessary to write to you again concerning Boris Johnson’s vile response to
Sir Keir Starmer in the Commons on 31 January 2022.

As you know, Boris Johnson said that Sir Keir, "spent most of his time [as DPP] prosecuting journalists and failing to prosecute Jimmy Saville.” I was repulsed by the Prime Minister’s words. He was repeating a false and baseless smear peddled by shifty right-wing trolls.

Boris Johnson’s intent was to link Sir Keir to the conduct of Jimmy Saville. He attempted to plant a seed into the minds of the British Public in the hope that it would germinate and corrupt their perception of a decent man. This illustrates the level of contempt he has for the public. It is the action of a guilty and desperate man painted into a corner by the truth.

Boris Johnson has scraped through the bottom of the party excuses barrel. He is now burrowing into the dirt upon which it is sat. Amongst the dirt he has found manure for his revolting seed in the shape of Nadine Dorries. As recently as Tuesday, she was publicly soiling herself by trying to defend Boris Johnson and his groundless smear against
Sir Keir Starmer.

This leads me to the following questions which I have for you:

Like Nadine Dorries, do you still support a Prime Minister who is the subject of a criminal investigation?
Do you support a Prime Minister who defends himself against the truth by hawking known lies fabricated by far-right attention seekers?
What would it take in order for you to withdraw your support for Boris Johnson?
Do you have an acceptable standard of conduct and if so, exactly where is that bar set?

Whilst ever you remain quiet, you are backing a corrupt man who is our Prime Minister. You do not represent me or anything that I believe in.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I had a headache, atypical - very much left side, ear to crown, for a couple of weeks. And I am convinced that it is due to shingles. Now mostly gone - thankfully.

I rarely get headaches, though I do get visual migraines.
My headache is very similar, left side, just left of the middle line, localised, the size of a golf ball, quite close to the scalp, blurred vision, unsteady balance.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
My headache is very similar, left side, ear to crown, localised, the size of a golf ball, quite close to the scalp.
Interesting. I was also getting allodynia - where the merest touch, such as with a feather, would set off further pain both at the location of the touch (e.g. anywhere on my earlobe), which is classical allodynia, and beyond.

Touching my hair (which is pretty short) anywhere near the crown and down to my ear was also very unpleasant.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
It won't make any difference, but I feel a need to let my local MP know my feelings. This MP attends my local cycling group and we ride together. I think that might be ending:

I find it necessary to write to you again concerning Boris Johnson’s vile response to

As you know, Boris Johnson said that Sir Keir, "spent most of his time [as DPP] prosecuting journalists and failing to prosecute Jimmy Saville.” I was repulsed by the Prime Minister’s words. He was repeating a false and baseless smear peddled by shifty right-wing trolls.

Boris Johnson’s intent was to link Sir Keir to the conduct of Jimmy Saville. He attempted to plant a seed into the minds of the British Public in the hope that it would germinate and corrupt their perception of a decent man. This illustrates the level of contempt he has for the public. It is the action of a guilty and desperate man painted into a corner by the truth.

Boris Johnson has scraped through the bottom of the party excuses barrel. He is now burrowing into the dirt upon which it is sat. Amongst the dirt he has found manure for his revolting seed in the shape of Nadine Dorries. As recently as Tuesday, she was publicly soiling herself by trying to defend Boris Johnson and his groundless smear against
Sir Keir Starmer.

Like Nadine Dorries, do you still support a Prime Minister who is the subject of a criminal investigation?
Do you support a Prime Minister who defends himself against the truth by hawking known lies fabricated by far-right attention seekers?
Do you have an acceptable standard of conduct and if so, exactly where is that bar set?

Whilst ever you remain quiet, you are backing a corrupt man who is our Prime Minister. You do not represent me or anything that I believe in.
Speaking of nadine (and the piglet)

Mrs Honeyman

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2021
I don’t trust Sunak. He’s saying he can’t remember if he was in the Cabinet Room when Boris Johnson celebrated his birthday with a cake, his decorator present and numerous other buddies who sang happy birthday to him. He’s also saying he didn’t look out of his office window and see them partying in the garden.

He’s just as corrupt as the rest, but he’s trying to keep his head down and emerge from the shadows when the dust settles. Sneaky.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney and oyster

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Pity that the political correspondents have signally failed to make things as clear from the moment Johnson returned as an MP.

Why Boris Johnson is beyond saving
As the Prime Minister was hosting parties, I was burying my father. How can a premier who inspires such contempt continue to lead?

By Andrew Marr

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Rats and ships:

Boris Johnson’s policy chief quits over PM’s ‘scurrilous’ Savile remark
Munira Mirza says attempt to associate Keir Starmer with failure to prosecute child abuser was ‘inappropriate and partisan’

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Woosh and flecc

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Just watching the Press Conference by Sunak at the moment and interesting to see him say that he would not have made the comments that Boris made regarding Stammer and Savile, how long do we think Boris is going to last?

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
even zlatan thinks he must go, so it's just a matter of time.
I think we have just flipped from the possibility of a challenge which then fails, so he remains and might even appear strengthened, to the impossibility of him remaining.

My MP has already replied to my email from earlier this afternoon and said:
Regarding the exchange in the House of Commons on Monday, I thought the Jimmy Savile smear used by Boris Johnson towards Keir Starmer was ill-judged and not befitting of a Prime Minister. He should withdraw it.
This will not be the end of the matter. There is an ongoing police investigation into specific breaches of the law in which the Prime Minister may be directly implicated. I await the outcome of those inquiries. There is also the full version of the Sue Gray report that needs to be published which references those incidents being looked at by the police. It is important that this full report is published as soon as possible.
I have noted the comments being sent to me by constituents regarding the Prime Minister’s position.

Reactions: Mrs Honeyman

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Will he make it to the morning?

Downing Street's communications chief resigns - report

Jack Doyle has resigned as director of communications at Downing Street, according to the Daily Mail’s Jason Groves.

And this won't help:

Johnson, Patel and Home Office 'rebuked' over misleading crime stats - report

Some breaking news from the journalist Danny Shaw on Twitter. He is reporting that Boris Johnson, Priti Patel and the Home Office have been “rebuked” by the UK Statistics Authority chair, David Norgrove, for misleading use of crime figures after claiming offences had fallen when they actually increased.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Following the string of regretful, angry or tearful departures of our PMs and assistants, Thatcher, Major, Brown, Clegg, Cameron, May and likely now to be Johnson, perhaps a slight change in the address:

10, Drowning Street, London, SW1

Reactions: flecc

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland

Sir Keir Starmer.

Yes, I'd print that on thin cardboard so your MP knows he's been sent a stiff letter.

Advertisers