Brexit, for once some facts.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
@oyster - it's a pity that you were enjoying a spot of gaming on your lawn, when you had to flee your neighbour's car, which broke this expensive £3,841 laptop, which hasn't worked properly since ;)

• :D
Reactions: oyster

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
@oyster - it's a pity that you were enjoying a spot of gaming on your lawn, when you had to flee your neighbour's car, which broke this expensive £3,841 laptop, which hasn't worked properly since ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I was going to install Big Sur, but eneded up having to finish some work... and now I'm soldering on these two extra 1800LM lights. I'm leaving connections for the dual switch, which'll arrive next week. Till then, I'll have to make do with the same mode on both the front and rear 1800LM lights.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Soldering is so much easier with flux - even the lead-free stuff flows easily, using that rubbish £12 ebay soldering iron.

Acid free. Might not be your thing ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: guerney

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Boris will have a lot of erections, before we're allowed an election. He'll impregnate many, befoe I get any. How anyone can shag something so execrable, is totally inexplicable. Being near to such a stench, must be quite a wrench. Write and complain, if it hurts your brain. For these criminally rhymed lines, I fear I shall do time...

(So I'll stop)

Signings have increased in frequency, after a short period of "Sneaky Sunak is PM without getting a single vote from the membership or the general public?!?!? What the hell?!?!? Guerney was right, Sunak is super sneaky" slowing down.

View attachment 49346
Blimey, first dories slaps mogg down over fracking, now boris is going to cop
who'd have thought final ripping asunder of tories would be triggered by excessive concern by erg for environment

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
who'd have thought final ripping asunder of tories would be triggered by excessive concern by erg for environment
Boris Johnson, concern for the environment? You have to be joking.

This is yet again the Johnson self-seeking opportunism.

Sunak isn't going to COP27, nor is King Charles, so what an opportunity, in his eyes, to show himself as one of the concerned good guys to refurbish his tarnished reputation.

He's so self-centred he isn't even able to see it for what it really is, polishing a turd.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I reckon they will push up VAT. Indirect taxes are less painful than Income tax or national insurance.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I reckon they will push up VAT. Indirect taxes are less painful than Income tax or national insurance.
Agreed. Several EU countries have a standard VAT rate of 23 to 27%, so plenty of room to manouvre there.

ic engine fuel duty too, both on environmental grounds and to rebalance the scale of the advantage for electric vehicles.

Reactions: oyster

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
While 80 billion in taxes are not collected in uk tax havens
Crikey, deafening silence each time this self evident plug for our financial hole comes up on thread makes me wonder how many forumites have money in shell companies in tax havens? And are parading, bit like reformed brexiteers, ethics they never really subscribed to or believed in?

• Disagree
Reactions: daveboy and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Tax havens are for multinationals and drug dealers. That is why they are of little interest. You can stash away (not so) small amount in family trusts or in case of politicians, charities and education foundations.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Tax havens are for multinationals and drug dealers. That is why they are of little interest. You can stash away (not so) small amount in family trusts or in case of politicians, charities and education foundations.
Sunak may disagree
or Shakira
or for that matter an estate agent I know..

Last edited:
Reactions: POLLY

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Crikey, deafening silence each time this self evident plug for our financial hole comes up on thread makes me wonder how many forumites have money in shell companies in tax havens? And are parading, bit like reformed brexiteers, ethics they never really subscribed to or believed in?
Nothing like that. If the others are like me, it's simply disbelief that anything will be done since we've heard it all before.

Some of the most obvious of our problems and their causes are the ones we never properly act on, because it's not in some peoples interests to act:

Climate change.

Over population.

Poverty.

Homelessness.

Addictions.

Starvation.

Corruption.

Obscene wealth.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
If it were a public vote for choosing Conservative leader he'd still be PM. Time will tell.
That says a lot about the difference between party membership and general public.

Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

Advertisers