Brexit, for once some facts.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
@Danidl - BTW, as a fellow sufferer of night calf muscle cramps, you might be interested to hear that they reduce with use of Dioralyte - odd but true. Usually after a long walk, I'm woken by uncontrollable, horribly painful, persistent and prolonged spasming calf muscles, for which there is no relief for quite some time. In desperation I thought I'd try Dioralyte, after learning bodybuilders swear by it's anti-muscle cramping effects. Calf muscles haven't cramped since I've started using it.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
@Danidl - BTW, as a fellow sufferer of night calf muscle cramps, you might be interested to hear that they reduce with use of Dioralyte - odd but true. Usually after a long walk, I'm woken by uncontrollable, horribly painful, persistent and prolonged spasming calf muscles, for which there is no relief for quite some time. In desperation I thought I'd try Dioralyte, after learning bodybuilders swear by it's anti-muscle cramping effects. Calf muscles haven't cramped since I've started using it.
Thanks ,but I am fully convinced that my cramps are due to inactivity not the reverse. If I get to do my daily walk , no problem, if I missed them for 2 days ,then on the second night , I will have them. As it is I am on a wide range of anticoagulants, Statins, and heart pills , all of which have different side effects. .so I would be reluctant to add more. . And one extremely beneficial side effect .. The first night after commencing with a blood pressure reduction tabl about 5 years ago, a sleep apnoea condition which had developed , disappeared and has never returned.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If I get to do my daily walk , no problem, if I missed them for 2 days ,then on the second night , I will have them.
Some muscle breaks down with exercise - bodybuilders do this intentionally, forcing the body to replace muscle with stronger bulkier stuff... but if there is unsufficient blood supply (resources) for the repair process to happen, cramps occur, muscles go into spasm. Over time, new blood vessels grow, others are widened, but if too much happens too fast: cramps. It takes about 4 days for new leg muscle tissue to form, therefore in your case, two day after walking, my hypothesis is there are unsifficient resouces for repair, leading to cramping. It happens faster with me, because I'm younger. Quite honestly I don't know why Dioralyte works - the ingredients are not listed on the packaging, but as far as I know it's just sodium and potassium salts, plus a few other electrolytes.

I went for a very slow 2 mile slow jog just now, about o take some more Dioralyte... about to hit the raw garlic... hoping to be woken by agonising cramping, or something even worse later :eek:

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Some muscle breaks down with exercise - bodybuilders do this intentionally, forcing the body to replace muscle with stronger bulkier stuff... but if there is unsufficient blood supply (resources) for the repair process to happen, cramps occur, muscles go into spasm. Over time, new blood vessels grow, others are widened, but if too much happens too fast: cramps. It takes about 4 days for new leg muscle tissue to form, therefore in your case, two day after walking, my hypothesis is there are unsifficient resouces for repair, leading to cramping. It happens faster with me, because I'm younger. Quite honestly I don't know why Dioralyte works - the ingredients are not listed on the packaging, but as far as I know it's just sodium and potassium salts, plus a few other electrolytes.

I went for a very slow 2 mile slow jog just now, about o take some more Dioralyte... about to hit the raw garlic... hoping to be woken by agonising cramping, or something even worse later :eek:
Well I wouldn't think it's about system breakdown ..more likely inadequate blood flow bringing nutrition. The amount of drugs are significant and things like oedema, liver malfunction are all part of the mix.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

???
Cramp is caused by build up of Lactic acid (produced when muscles work anaerobically, and blood flow is insufficient to remove it) or by a deficit of potassium and or magnesium.
I, d guess both are in dioralyte so that could explain its help. To be honest tho Guerney can't see the salt in dioralyte being at all helpful for anyone training seriously or with a disposition for high blood pressure. (I, ve been on low salt diet years, rarely if ever suffer with cramp)??
Don't think advising dioralyte for curing cramps I'd good advice. Eat a banana perhaps,or warm down properly etc. Or increase circulation and stretch.??

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
???
Cramp is caused by build up of Lactic acid (produced when muscles work anaerobically, and blood flow is insufficient to remove it) or by a deficit of potassium and or magnesium.
I, d guess both are in dioralyte so that could explain its help. To be honest tho Guerney can't see the salt in dioralyte being at all helpful for anyone training seriously or with a disposition for high blood pressure. (I, ve been on low salt diet years, rarely if ever suffer with cramp)??
Don't think advising dioralyte for curing cramps I'd good advice. Eat a banana perhaps,or warm down properly etc. Or increase circulation and stretch.??
I wouldn't advise - I'm not a doctor - and I don't think I have. All I've said is that I know many bodybuilders and powerbuilders use it, and that I've tried it for cramps and thus far, it's working for me. Bananas don't work, tried. I used to bodybuild when I was younger, for the birds - it worked a treat. I wasn't aware of electrolytes preventing cramping muscles then, but I trained sensibly (keeping lactic acid to a minimum), grew muscle at a slower rate and of course I was young. I put on 2 stones of muscle in about 12 weeks, with no cramps whatsoever.

high blood pressure.
Salts could cause issues - best ask a doctor first. Dioralyte can be bought over the counter, must be reasonably safe for most people.

Or increase circulation and stretch.??
Tried that too.

It wasn't just calf muscles either, cramps in all sorts of odd places. Well... so far so good. Dioralyte hasn't killed me yet.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I wouldn't advise - I'm not a doctor - and I don't think I have. All I've said is that I know many bodybuilders and powerbuilders use it, and that I've tried it for cramps and thus far, it's working for me. Bananas don't work, tried. I used to bodybuild when I was younger, for the birds - it worked a treat. I wasn't aware of electrolytes preventing cramping muscles then, but I trained sensibly (keeping lactic acid to a minimum), grew muscle at a slower rate and of course I was young. I put on 2 stones of muscle in about 12 weeks, with no cramps whatsoever.

Salts could cause issues - best ask a doctor first. Dioralyte can be bought over the counter, must be reasonably safe for most people.

Tried that too.

It wasn't just calf muscles either, cramps in all sorts of odd places. Well... so far so good. Dioralyte hasn't killed me yet.
If cramps do not follow exercise and prevalent for no apparent reason one of first avenues doctors would investigate is anxiety. Psychosomatic cramp, seizures etc are actually very common. The suggestion procured by a regime you see as reliable could easily explain the success of dioralyte.??
Apparently its the combination of your mind expecting a cramp and a tensing of coordination muscles which are not relaxed. The dioralyte probably just breaks the chain because you have faith in it doing so.??

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If cramps do not follow exercise and prevalent for no apparent reason one of first avenues doctors would investigate is anxiety. Psychosomatic cramp, seizures etc are actually very common. The suggestion procured by a regime you see as reliable could easily explain the success of dioralyte.??
Apparently its the combination of your mind expecting a cramp and a tensing of coordination muscles which are not relaxed. The dioralyte probably just breaks the chain because you have faith in it doing so.??
Lol, no, it's not caused by anxiety - my mind wasn't the source of my now absent muscle cramps. Individual toe muscles suddenly cramping was bloody horrible. I'll see how it goes, but so far so empirically good.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Lol, no, it's not caused by anxiety - my mind wasn't the source of my now absent muscle cramps. Individual toe muscles suddenly cramping was bloody horrible. I'll see how it goes, but so far so empirically good.
In the spirit of being in pain and anxious (as I frequently am, tbh), has anyone noticed that the electorate appear to have lost their sense of humour (in the jim carrey/the mask sense of "well, you married her, I thought you'd have a sense of humour")
For some utterly incomprehensible reason they seem to have lost their appetite for another experience of bojo, our favourite clown (which I was rather looking forward to)

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In the spirit of being in pain and anxious (as I frequently am, tbh), has anyone noticed that the electorate appear to have lost their sense of humour (in the jim carrey/the mask sense of "well, you married her, I thought you'd have a sense of humour")
For some utterly incomprehensible reason they seem to have lost their appetite for another experience of bojo, our favourite clown (which I was rather looking forward to)
Shows there's some hope yet for the public in general, who seem to be finally coming to their senses.

Not the coterie of Boris fans though, deluded enough to think he could lead the party to victory at the next GE.

Since Partygate and the chaos of 3 PMs and policies in quick succession, all Johnson could achieve would be to increase their losing margin.

But it's far from certain Starmer's "New" Labour would win outright. It could mean a coalition, with the price of that being granting a Scottish referendum on independence. Appropriate, since it was New Labour who brought in devolution with a Scottish parliament.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
We buy any car been back in touch.. Its my 12th flecc. And value has gone back to £12480.(went down to £12k 3 weeks ago). Not bad when I paid £15k 3 years ago.??
Screenshot_20230121_181934_com.android.chrome.jpg
IMG_20230119_205449.jpg

Won't be taking offer up tho. I, m in Cyprus. 26 degrees today. Paddle boarding in trunks all afternoon. A lot of Putin supporters here.?!
(photo taken this evening, its Coral Bay, between Pathos and Agious Georgious. Ship wreck is a bit of a tourist attraction, folk come yo watch sun set behind it)
Love Cyprus but no good for windsurfing. No wind.

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We buy any car been back in touch.. Its my 12th flecc. And value has gone back to £12480.(went down to £12k 3 weeks ago). Not bad when I paid £15k 3 years ago.??
View attachment 50079
This morning I got my 18th email from them !

Seems they are getting desperate, perhaps not surprising now there are so many of these easy to use car buying operations.

Reactions: Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A lot of Putin supporters here.?! Agious Georgious.
Odd, that's the Greek side of the island. I'd have expected it in Turkish Northern Cyprus, given Erdogan's friendship with Putin.

Seems anywhere with territorial disputes can give rise to odd outcomes.

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Odd, that's the Greek side of the island. I'd have expected it in Turkish Northern Cyprus, given Erdogan's friendship with Putin.

Seems anywhere with territorial disputes can give rise to odd outcomes.
I believe it goes back to arms embargo West/Nato placed on this side,Greek Cypriots bought from Russia. Lots of Russians here and word is all new builds are going 40% to Chinese, 40% Russian and rest to UK folk wanting to hide cash away. (Cyprus has very opaque banking and investment laws, they don't seem to check where cash comes from)
So my guess would be dissatisfied Russians and Chinese with cash are taking root here. Spoke with a few estate agents and they insisted with both groups price is irrelevant. Market seems very strange. New builds, off plan etc extremely buoyant. Rest very static. (probably aided by fact that above £350 k (I believe) purchasers are guaranteed residency. (according to agents we, ve spoken with)???

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
He's ticked his "Become Prime Minister" box. Toxic charisma is being put to alternative use enabling rent-free living, and very highly paid speaking engagements. The combination of charisma and a Machiavellian mind, causes big problems for everyone else, in all walks of life.

Advertisers