Brexit, for once some facts.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

this is why they want you thick and stupid and illiterate.

;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Conversely, out of the eu, were about to have another unelected pm courtesy of some lobbying

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Last edited:

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
  • "Electricity demand in the commercial services sector has increased by 61.5% since 2012, while the electricity demand in all other sectors has increased by just 8.0%.
  • *Electricity demand in the information & communication sub-sector has increased by 562% since 2012.
  • In 2022, 82% of all information & communication electricity demand came from data centres*."
  • https://www.seai.ie/data-and-insights/seai-statistics/key-publications/energy-in-ireland/
  • Ahh, data centres, that's where all the juice is going, to AI (Artificial Incipience) ;-) :)

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Nvidia Blackwell is their newest chip, each needs 1200W at maximum power. 2000 of them are used in the new data centre one of their customers is building.
The problem is every country wants to build ever larger data centres.
Cerebras is another big player. They build wafer scale AI chips. Their latest chip is the CS-3 featuring 900,000 cpu cores.

Last edited:
Reactions: tillson

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
It's called education. As Blair once said, Education, Education, Education, you just keep at it until they've learnt.
Just went back onto this site after a long absence or abstinence..take your pick.
The statement about the Lisbon referendum is a typical UK response to how a democracy actually works ...
Ireland has to hold a referendum whenever there are major changes desired. That was clarified a few decades ago by our Supreme Court. So it's not in the gift of the Government to waive through legislation. I think Ireland is the only EU country REQUIRED to hold Referendums on EU matters.
Now the Original version of this TREATY , was expected by the EU bureaucracy was intended and expected to be a major tidying up legal exercise ..with statements like .". In para 165 of XXX, replace thd word Might with should " and we were presented with multiple pages of gogglegook . The context of each of these changes was non existent...and would require the voter to have had multiple documents open in front of them for each . We have busy lives and don't do that.
And we in Ireland can be seen as bog trotting small farmers ..when it suits .and one thing about small farmers is they don't buy pigs in pokes.
We voted No ,..and that basically told the ENTIRE EU to rewrite the Treaty into a legible format. Which they had to.
Case closed

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just went back onto this site after a long absence or abstinence..take your pick.
The statement about the Lisbon referendum is a typical UK response to how a democracy actually works ...
Ireland has to hold a referendum whenever there are major changes desired. That was clarified a few decades ago by our Supreme Court. So it's not in the gift of the Government to waive through legislation. I think Ireland is the only EU country REQUIRED to hold Referendums on EU matters.
Now the Original version of this TREATY , was expected by the EU bureaucracy was intended and expected to be a major tidying up legal exercise ..with statements like .". In para 165 of XXX, replace thd word Might with should " and we were presented with multiple pages of gogglegook . The context of each of these changes was non existent...and would require the voter to have had multiple documents open in front of them for each . We have busy lives and don't do that.
And we in Ireland can be seen as bog trotting small farmers ..when it suits .and one thing about small farmers is they don't buy pigs in pokes.
We voted No ,..and that basically told the ENTIRE EU to rewrite the Treaty into a legible format. Which they had to.
Case closed
Good to see you back Danidl, hope you are in good health.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its the banks money now and we spent it all :p

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Good to see you back Danidl, hope you are in good health.
Thank you .. . And regards to all. . Health wise ..I would like to say .. never better ..but that would be unreasonable . The good news is I haven't had any extra stents done in over a year..but since there are 11 , it would be hard to find places. But this time last year I finally got COVID and it was rather unpleasant . No sooner had I got over that when I broke a little finger .. and that put paid to cycling all summer . I would have had a few more angiograns over the year internally things seem to have settled ..but now the cardiologist says he really doesn't want to poke me any more as it's better to let sleeping dogs lie...and an angiogram can make thing flare up

Advertisers