Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This rabble need to learn how to protest with dignity and to respect democracy. They can register their disapproval of Trump, but that's it. He is the elected head of state, he will visit the UK and he will be graciously received by Her Majesty the Queen.
"This Rabble"? comments like that should be avoided, unless your intention is to make yourself look an absolute fool.
And the rest of the rather pathetic grovelling doesn't help either .
The man is not right in the head, and if you can't see that then that's a pity.
The Queen received the Chinese Premier and you can't get lower than that.

Give it up,like Farage he's another of your Clay men who is riding a popular wave that will turn against him and already is, but like you he fails to see it coming.
Here fro example is his latest folly
From the Wall Street Journal this morning
"
Donald Trump Rejects Intelligence Report on Travel Ban
Tension with intelligence officials rises as Homeland Security contradicts White House on terror

An intelligence report by the Department of Homeland Security contradicts the White House’s assertion that immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries pose a particular risk of being terrorists and should be blocked from entering the U.S."

Reactions: robdon

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
And he has a legitimate right to WORK for the money, frankly he does not have the right to FORGET that as an MEP he has also the responsibility to act as a representative of his constituents who did NOT want to leave the EU on matters under debate regrading normal business other than EU membership
His track record on that is absolute ZERO.

He has instead taken the MEP position as being one to be played for personal advantage by doing the least possible work and having the second worst attendance record next to an MEP whos is incapacitated for medical reasons.

Far from being Eloquent his speeches have all been arrogant, insulting and offensive.
The man is a Parasite, and now irrelevant, as is the Far right bunch of nut cases that call themselves the UKIP party .

He didn't foist the referendum on us, Cameron did by overreacting to this buffoon and his flying circus of a party threatening to leech Tory support in elections.
Cameron would have been far better advised to ignore the man, but then we was an even bigger fool.
The voters can rid themselves of UKIP and Farage in the European Parliament if they don't like what he or they are doing. They don't, they vote for UKIP, so he stays and carries on doing what he says he will do. That is democracy. Where is the problem? Oh, I know, it doesn't suit you, so democracy can take a back seat. It's for the voters own good, they don't know what they are doing. Am I close?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The voters can rid themselves of UKIP and Farage in the European Parliament if they don't like what he or they are doing. They don't, they vote for UKIP, so he stays and carries on doing what he says he will do. That is democracy. Where is the problem? Oh, I know, it doesn't suit you, so democracy can take a back seat. It's for the voters own good, they don't know what they are doing. Am I close?
You conveniently forget one thing
"
Since 1999, all British elections to the European Parliament have been done by a proportional representation system, in which each voter votes for one party in their constituency. The seats allotted for the constituency are then divided between the parties depending on their share of the vote.
So he wasn't personally voted in, was he?

Tillson please stop with this nonsense.
"That is democracy. Where is the problem? Oh, I know, it doesn't suit you, so democracy can take a back seat. It's for the voters own good, they don't know what they are doing. Am I close?"

Logically the MEP mantle should have passed to Nuttall if the Proportional Representation system is correctly applied, as he is leader of the party, and Lord Nigel should have resigned the position when he gave up the Leadership of the UKIP

The answer is, you are babbling again!
please concentrate.

Reactions: robdon and oldtom

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
"This Rabble"? comments like that should be avoided, unless your intention is to make yourself look an absolute fool.
And the rest of the rather pathetic grovelling doesn't help either .
The man is not right in the head, and if you can't see that then that's a pity.
Are you medically qualified to make that statement, or is it another slur?

The Queen received the Chinese Premier and you can't get lower than that.
Her majesty the Queen has a duty to the British people to carry out her duty with impartiality. regardless of her personal feelings towards Donald Trump and the Chinese Premier, she has the capacity to conduct herself with admirable dignity and self control. I am sure that any aspects that she disapproves of are brought to the attention of the head of state in question properly and with the courtesy that the office deserves.

Donald Trump is the President of The United States of America. Regardless of personal opinions of the office holder, due respect has to be given to the status of the position. Having some bearded weirdo jumping up and down on prime time television news supported by a screaming woman is not the correct approach.

Give it up,like Farage he's another of your Clay men who is riding a popular wave that will turn against him and already is, but like you he fails to see it coming.
Here fro example is his latest folly
From the Wall Street Journal this morning
"
Donald Trump Rejects Intelligence Report on Travel Ban
Tension with intelligence officials rises as Homeland Security contradicts White House on terror

An intelligence report by the Department of Homeland Security contradicts the White House’s assertion that immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries pose a particular risk of being terrorists and should be blocked from entering the U.S."

Well, if he proves unpopular and his policies don't work, they can vote him out at the next election. That's the great thing about democracy. However, I think he will be around for a second term.

• Dislike

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Are you medically qualified to make that statement, or is it another slur?

Her majesty the Queen has a duty to the British people to carry out her duty with impartiality. regardless of her personal feelings towards Donald Trump and the Chinese Premier, she has the capacity to conduct herself with admirable dignity and self control. I am sure that any aspects that she disapproves of are brought to the attention of the head of state in question properly and with the courtesy that the office deserves.

Donald Trump is the President of The United States of America. Regardless of personal opinions of the office holder, due respect has to be given to the status of the position. Having some bearded weirdo jumping up and down on prime time television news supported by a screaming woman is not the correct approach.

Well, if he proves unpopular and his policies don't work, they can vote him out at the next election. That's the great thing about democracy. However, I think he will be around for a second term.

Are you seriously asserting that a Medical Qualification is necessary when faced with such obvious signs of instability in an individual?
and the rest of your post simple confirms the point I had made about the position the Queen finds herself in.
Only I didn't present it in such a pompous fashion as you did.

Why do you do that? possibly being condescending might impress the simple minded, kindly it save it for occasions when you converse with them,
You can do much better if you try.
Bye the bye; Give due respect to a person because of their position?
Oh yes, very funny, very funny indeed, respect if not earned is simply a fear reaction old chap!
Not me, not guilty of that...
Touch the forelock and bow the knee eh? :cool::cool::cool::D

• Agree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
You conveniently forget one thing
"
Since 1999, all British elections to the European Parliament have been done by a proportional representation system, in which each voter votes for one party in their constituency. The seats allotted for the constituency are then divided between the parties depending on their share of the vote.
So he wasn't personally voted in, was he?
That is why I said, rid themselves of UKIP and Farage, which they can. If the voters do not like the fact that Farage is appointed to the European Parliament, its simple, don't vote for UKIP. But voters do vote for UKIP year after year, whilst all the time Farage has been there. That is because he is popular and it is because they like his style and like what he does.

People, at this point in time, don't like Labour. Their policies are not popular, so fewer people vote for them. If Farage changed and adopted a more Labour style approach to he politics, he would be booted out by the voters.
[/QUOTE]

Tillson please stop with this nonsense.
"That is democracy. Where is the problem? Oh, I know, it doesn't suit you, so democracy can take a back seat. It's for the voters own good, they don't know what they are doing. Am I close?"

Logically the MEP mantle should have passed to Nuttall if the Proportional Representation system is correctly applied, as he is leader of the party, and Lord Nigel should have resigned the position when he gave up the Leadership of the UKIP

The answer is, you are babbling again!
please concentrate.
I'm afraid the answer is, Farage has remained an MEP because that is what people want. I know this news disappoints you. If that position has changed and people don't want Farage, they will stop voting UKIP at the next EU election, if there is one here. We will just need to wait and see.

• Dislike

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That is why I said, rid themselves of UKIP and Farage, which they can. If the voters do not like the fact that Farage is appointed to the European Parliament, its simple, don't vote for UKIP. But voters do vote for UKIP year after year, whilst all the time Farage has been there. That is because he is popular and it is because they like his style and like what he does.

People, at this point in time, don't like Labour. Their policies are not popular, so fewer people vote for them. If Farage changed and adopted a more Labour style approach to he politics, he would be booted out by the voters.
I'm afraid the answer is, Farage has remained an MEP because that is what people want. I know this news disappoints you. If that position has changed and people don't want Farage, they will stop voting UKIP at the next EU election, if there is one here. We will just need to wait and see.
Actually he is there because the system puts someone of his party there.

One might quite reasonably ask this question

Is there really no other Blithering Idiot available to the UKIP that can muster a better attendance record than a dead Parrot? to act as an MEP, instead of Lord Nigel and put him back on the dole where he belongs?
Why is this like a BENEFIT payment to FARAGE?

• Agree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Bye the bye; Give due respect to a person because of their position?
Oh yes, very funny, very funny indeed, respect if not earned is simply a fear reaction old chap!
Not me, not guilty of that...
Touch the forelock and bow the knee eh? :cool::cool::cool::D
There are occasions when we must respect the office, rank or status rather than the person undertaking that role. This is even more relevant when that person is from another country. To show a lack of respect for their head of state insults the nation.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in bringing to the office holder's attention disagreement over their policy or actions, but this must be done with respect to the position itself.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and Danidl

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There are occasions when we must respect the office, rank or status rather than the person undertaking that role. This is even more relevant when that person is from another country. To show a lack of respect for their head of state insults the nation.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in bringing to the office holder's attention disagreement over their policy or actions, but this must be done with respect to position itself.
Like we did with Gaddafi and Saddam, Mugabe etc.
Hmmm

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
UKIP has a tiny constituency and very little real power.

Yet Farage is able to exert great influence.

If the Greens had someone of his calibre we'd all be eating lentils.
Not clever at all. Our population is small c conservative and inclined to be zenophobic and self serving.

All Farage has done is cash in on that, it's populism, appearing to offer what the majority want.

No matter who the Greens had to lead them, their offers of deprivation would only attract the masochists.

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Actually he is there because the system puts someone of his party there.

One might quite reasonably ask this question

Is there really no other Blithering Idiot available to the UKIP that can muster a better attendance record than a dead Parrot? to act as an MEP, instead of Lord Nigel and put him back on the dole where he belongs?
Why is this like a BENEFIT payment to FARAGE?
I understand all of this. The party put Farage there and he is not directly voted to the parliament himself. The party must also consider who their voters are likely to want to see represent them. For example, if UKIP stood Nigel Farage down and asked Diane Abbott to be the UKIP representative instead, the UKIP voters would desert them. So Farage's presence in the EU parliament is inextricably linked to the level of support they receive. His continued presence as an MEP is working for UKIP in terms of votes, so he stays. It's dead simple. He's a vote winner for UKIP because people want him speaking for them.

• Dislike

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Some of us are still here, not being demanding, but now we're hinted at being a nuisance for living too long. Being lovely just isn't enough any more. :(
Yesterday upon the stair
I met an octogenarian who shouldn't be there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish,
He'd go away

Anon (actually Tory central office)
(Adapted from the Rhyme about the invisible man)

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
You missed the point completely,
Farage's influence was only over certain members of the Tory Party, the idea that it was over the mass of the Public is pure invention after the event.
But it does show the suggestive power of the Press over the Public imagination.
The point is Farage has influence out of proportion to UKIP's electoral representation.

By rights, he and UKIP should, like the Greens, be an irrelevance.

They aren't because of Farage's clever manipulation of the right people.

• Dislike

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I'm impressed that you have reached the lever of mental acuity where you notice these things
There we go again, you cant post without it. Its immature at best and has been the main characteristic of all your posts. Perhaps,its a generational thing? Seems normal for some older posters to resort to insult when losing arguments, smacks of desperation.

On the Trump
Has he got a point with the Swedish incident. Why wasn't it reported ?

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: robdon and tillson

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
  • Dislike

Advertisers