Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Don't confuse him with facts, he really doesn't need help, and does that very well all on his own, without letting facts get in the way.
You are drivvling again OG, ( before you check there is no verb to drivel so drivvling is fine)
Did you write Lib Dem defence policy, because I just read it and it reads just like one of your posts. No salient points, rambling and generally nonsense.
But then again defence is very much last century these days.

Being serious for a minute...one aspect I did pick up from Lib Dem policy ( was dated 2014) was that they were not in agreement with 24 hour at sea deterrent...?? Hinting a part time cover ?? At least Corbyn wants to scrap it, May keep ( expand) on it. Lib Dems want it part time ??? To reflect 21st century was their justification. ( perhaps its changed by now ? Anybody know ?)
And anybody who thinks Brexit is only issue GE will be fought over is not taking into account North Korea...Its on peoples minds now.[/QUOTE]
Actually we don't have 24 hours coastguards now, cover is provided by the coastwatch charity, but only during daylight hours.
The only efficient service watching the coast is the rnli. With over 350 boats,
Perhaps we should equip the lifeboats with guns to replace the coastguard and navy?
This is the state of our coastal defences under Tory rule
We couldn't defend the country if Luxembourg, in a borrowed rowing boat attacked never mind north Korea ,so you can forget that as a problem.
If they do we're done for[emoji1]
Or is the plan to fire off a trident in case it doesn't hit America by mistake?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The noun is drivel and it's also a verb, as when talking or writing drivel.

Drivelling is the correct English spelling of the form you used, but driveling in American English.
Well being pedantic Flecc in your example the verb is "talking" or "writing", your use of drivel was still used as a noun.( or adjective depending on your meaning)
OG drivelling is the norm and its "correct" use as a verb.
But yes drivel can be used as a verb...as clearly demonstrated by OG.

Last edited:
  • Dislike

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
OG drivelling is the norm and its "correct" use as a verb.
But yes drivel can be used as a verb...as clearly demonstrated by OG.
Are we to deduce from that, that you will actually spell and use it correctly in future?
And by the way you omitted the comma after OG, it should have read
OG, drivelling is the norm (by yourself of course)

• Agree

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
China has become much more expensive. If May manages to squeeze down wages and work conditions in the U.K., I wonder how long it will be that the Chinese moan about cheap products produced by cheap labour from the U.K..
KudosDave

• :D

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This should be a truly interesting GE, as an overwhelming Majority for the Tory Party is allegedly guaranteed, and while this will indeed consolidate May's power to do what she likes, it will also make it impossible to achieve a lasting satisfaction among the voters.

For when things start to go wrong, they won't buy the official Governent line that they are not responsible for any loss or suffering caused.

We gave you all the power you could want, but you blew it! will be the cry.
We the people want what you promised us, this was your last chance.

It is a pity that Parliament is so full of weaklings, they should have got together and said, we don't want this GE, get the job done without it!
Labour has the numbers to do that but lacks the guts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
China has become much more expensive. If May manages to squeeze down wages and work conditions in the U.K., I wonder how long it will be that the Chinese moan about cheap products produced by cheap labour from the U.K..
KudosDave
The goods will be trademarked
"Made in Great Britain (RoC)"
And articles denouncing them as poor quality contraband goods appear on chinadaily.com

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It is a pity that Parliament is so full of weaklings, they should have got together and said, we don't want this GE, get the job done without it!
Labour has the numbers to do that but lacks the guts.
it's not that. Mrs May can have a one line bill to cancel the fixed term.
The best way to take her and the tories down is tactical voting.

Reactions: Sarabee and robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well being pedantic Flecc in your example the verb is "talking" or "writing", your use of drivel was still used as a noun.( or adjective depending on your meaning).
Not necessarily according to the OED. When someone talks or writes drivel, we can say he/she drivels, all forms of the verb to drivel. That was what I was expressing in my previous post when giving the context, i.e. talking or writing.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Flecc
When OG talks , actually writes,drivel, the verb is talk or write. That was the example you gave. I agree when he is drivelling the verb is drivel. Either way we all know exactly when he is doing it. Its like the old joke,when do you know OG is talking drivel..answer..you can see his mouth move.( But his arse is still firmly on display in co op window, so I,ve heard)

Again , on a serious note ( which simply means OG and Tom will ignore it and look for grammatical errors)...
How does it sit with the pair of you ( Tom and OG) Blair throwing his hat in with Lib Dems. There is even talk of Fallon sharing a stage and welcoming his Toniness into their joint campaign. Come on Tom, that's got to annoy you and make your next voting choice rather difficult. ( OG wont care he has no scrupples, or sense, and he,s running low on sanity. Thinking about it he could be next Campbell.)

If this was a plot in Kane and Abel we,d be saying Archer has lost plot. ( By the way a brilliant book)

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I've been watching PMQT this afternoon.
Mrs May kept going back to brexit, I reckon that will do her more harm than good.
On most issues outside brexit, the tories are definitely on the back foot.
Her dodging TV debates also looked definitely iffy.
7 weeks is a long time in politics.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Nope ..11 in binary is 3 decimal...That was on my 11 plus .
in maths, you can have any radix you like, as long as it's more than 1 in this example. eg, for an octal numeral system, that would be equal to 9 in the decimal system.
Zero is of course a special case.
is it now properly pedantic?

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
t.
Her dodging TV debates also looked definitely iffy.
7 weeks is a long time in politics.
Teresa May can't take part in unscripted TV debates. She can't think quick enough when put on the spot. She'd be shown up as hapless.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Teresa May can't take part in unscripted TV debates. She can't think quick enough when put on the spot. She'd be shown up as hapless.
I did enjoy watching Yvette Cooper today at PMQT:

“The prime minister said yesterday that she was calling a general election because parliament was blocking Brexit, but three-quarters of this parliament voted for article 50 and two-thirds of the Lords voted for article 50, so that’s not true, is it?”
“A month ago she told her official spokesman to rule out an election and that wasn’t true either, was it? She wants us to believe that she is a woman of her word but isn’t the truth that we cannot believe a single word she says?”
There's bound to be more where that comes.

Reactions: robdon and Jimod

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
in maths, you can have any radix you like, as long as it's more than 1 in this example. eg, for an octal numeral system, that would be equal to 9 in the decimal system.
Zero is of course a special case.
is it now properly pedantic?
Well done young man...computer geeks might tell us its 17 in base 10...(hexadecimal)
The null set is actually a very special case...without it base theory really struggles. Historically finding a marker for the null set spawned real numeracy...
We only counted until the Arabians ( or perhaps Chinese) invented/discovered base theory..
( Years ago I did a thesis on base theory and prime numbers , when I knew no better..it was boring !!)

Last edited:

Advertisers