Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Express seems to have cuddled up to Trump with this headline
"
G7 Summit 2018 LIVE: G7 becomes G4 as Europe breaks off to conspire against Trump
THE G7 Summit in Canada will be dominated by Donald Trump’s pending trade war as Theresa May meets with EU leaders for an unprecedented meeting to discuss how they plan to retaliate against the US President’s raft of tariffs.

Conspire? odd choice of word when "Defend" would have been more pertinent

Last edited:

Jennifer Jenkins

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2018
Not quite true, as he expected radical changes to the economy, education, and the Parliamentary system would be needed as well.
None of these things had a snowflake in hell's chance of coming true.
Cummings is another case of a man who is a "legend in his own imagination"
a Fantasist where politics are concerned, to harbour such optimistic expectations, akin to expecting a Pot Bellied Pig to evolve into a Tiger.:D
Even more hilarious he expected it to happen in a single generation!
The man has vision.
Welcome to the forum.
How very kind of you.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

Jennifer Jenkins

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2018
Parliament invites witnesses and compels politicians to appear. The police investigate possible crimes and arrest suspects. overspending attracts fines, not prison. Stealing data from UKIP is something else.
'Stealing Dad from UKIP'. Do you read Cumming's blog? He lays out very very clearly what happened. There was no theft of data.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
'Stealing Dad from UKIP'. Do you read Cumming's blog? He lays out very very clearly what happened. There was no theft of data.
Trying to rewrite history is popular these days and he's good at it isn't he? Advising the government of not having a plan when he led the leave campaign and didn't have one either?
He's just another Russell Grant giving horoscopes so general you can make them mean anything you fancy.
As you can see I did enjoy reading his fiction (sorry, blog) that clearly shows he regards brexit as not his fault if it goes wrong.
Since he claims he was an adviser to Gove he should have known better shouldn't he?
His choice of champions shows how poor his judgement was and still is.
His latest maunderings that the wiring of power in Downing Street is systematically dysfunctional, and they want to remain in the EU shows what a big mistake he made championing brexit using politicians he clearly understood wouldn't make it happen.
Not the most "intelligent man on the world'
Rather a dangerous fool.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Let's look at this imaginary scenario. I am in charge of booking direct emailing and I don't have a database of email addresses. What shall I do? As it happens, I have a friend who knows an internet marketing firm that has a few millions email addresses with just the right profile.
All I need from those friendly people is sharing my blogs or posts on social media. I can sit back, job done. Any legal worries? Possibly. So I ask my friend: would you book them for me? I'll cover the cost for you.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Let's look at this imaginary scenario. I am in charge of booking direct emailing and I don't have a database of email addresses. What shall I do? As it happens, I have a friend who knows an internet marketing firm that has a few millions email addresses with just the right profile.
Dont forget the money........

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Precisely.
The idiots got the victory not him remember?
Was it Boris and Farage plus Gove, or was it the Cambridge Anaytic's meddling that did that?
and the lies told have long been exposed

"Nobody, but nobody is threatening our place in the single Market" Aaaron Banks

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Notice interestingly, against thinking on here, the number thinking leaving is a bad thing has fallen. (to 44% from a high of 51%) (YouGov poll via Times)

All suggesting (including last post) if May called another election she would strengthen her position.???
Quite obviously 65% think negotiations are being handled badly!!!

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Notice interestingly, against thinking on here, the number thinking leaving is a bad thing has fallen. (to 44% from a high of 51%) (YouGov poll via Times)

All suggesting (including last post) if May called another election she would strengthen her position.???
This is a weekly tracking poll. You'd need to get the moving average plot to make sense. Roughly speaking, JC is not doing well against TM but that's before DD threatened to resign and the BJ tape.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/z1w1jcj6s9/TimesResults_180605_VI_Trackers_w.pdf

This is the survey data for that poll:

Q: In hindsight, do you think Britain was right or wrong to vote to leave the European Union?

Right to leave: 28/29 May: 40, now: 44, up 4.
Wrong to leave: 28/29 May: 47, now: 44, down 3

It is safe to say that voters are still split in the middle.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
This is a weekly tracking poll. You'd need to get the moving average plot to make sense. Roughly speaking, JC is not doing well against TM but that's before DD threatened to resign and the BJ tape.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/z1w1jcj6s9/TimesResults_180605_VI_Trackers_w.pdf

This is the survey data for that poll:

Q: In hindsight, do you think Britain was right or wrong to vote to leave the European Union?

Right to leave: 28/29 May: 40, now: 44, up 4.
Wrong to leave: 28/29 May: 47, now: 44, down 3
All part of Labour strategy.
Don't think Boris will affect a thing. People are beginning to warm to May and her approach.

• Disagree
  • :D
Reactions: wheeler and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Only 65%? I'm surprised it isn't 100%

I wonder how logically we can equate 56% think leaving is a good idea yet 65% think it is being negotiatied badly?
Clearly no lesson can be drawn either way.
The real question is how many people are using "Gut feel" on the issue rather than logic, and are still no wiser about the consequences than they were on day 1?
The Media have certainly used every trick in the book to keep the "Big Lie" going.
Despite the likes of Cummings now saying it's doomed to fail.

By all means let us leave..... as I have said so often the end result long term is inevitable and some people need to see why they made a mistake, one way or the other.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
JC needs the speed and energy of Ed Milliband.
He should replace Keir Stamner with Ed M.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I wonder how logically we can equate 56% think leaving is a good idea yet 65% think it is being negotiatied badly?
Daily Express readership.

Their prevailing mood is there is no point trying to negotiate with the EU.
The EU is a rule based organisation, any concession made to the UK will impact on their precious rules.
If Mr Barnier can't make any concession, what is the point to continue negotiating with a brick wall? We should just leave.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Pedantry for the sake of mild amusement - it isn't the voters who are split, it is the population of voters. I just had an instant mind-picture of people walking around split in half - looking rather like like carcases in a meat lorry.
maybe that's not far from the truth if you could read their mind.
Staying is intolerable to some but divorce is an expensive business. If you are money minded, you wouldn't want a divorce or if you have to, don't go to the lawyers.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
The Express seems to have cuddled up to Trump with this headline
"
G7 Summit 2018 LIVE: G7 becomes G4 as Europe breaks off to conspire against Trump
THE G7 Summit in Canada will be dominated by Donald Trump’s pending trade war as Theresa May meets with EU leaders for an unprecedented meeting to discuss how they plan to retaliate against the US President’s raft of tariffs.

Conspire? odd choice of word when "Defend" would have been more pertinent
That isn't a summit OG.

This is a summit.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/198582-china-hosts-pakistan-india-for-shanghai-cooperation-organisation-summit

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
JC needs the speed and energy of Ed Milliband.
He should replace Keir Stamner with Ed M.
Surely David Miliband if we can attract him back? Ed didn't do very well in office, too often seeming uncertain.

Reminder, there's one L in Miliband. ;)

• Agree

Advertisers