Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Good old Foxy some say, he just made himself look and ass again on the Marr show.

Liam Fox sets out arguments against a second referendum International Trade Sec tells marr if Remain were to win, people like him would be ‘demanding a best of three
What a clown, for if there is a people's vote he will have already got his wish as this will indeed be the Third Referendum.

Something like this perhaps

This is a big opportunity for the leave camp to demonstrate they have a mandate from the people for Brexit now it is being "Sold as seen" with no guarantees or promises attached.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Good old Foxy some say, he just made himself look and ass again on the Marr show.

Liam Fox sets out arguments against a second referendum International Trade Sec tells marr if Remain were to win, people like him would be ‘demanding a best of three
What a clown, for if there is a people's vote he will have already got his wish as this will indeed be the Third Referendum.

Something like this perhaps

This is a big opportunity for the leave camp to demonstrate they have a mandate from the people for Brexit now it is being "Sold as seen" with no guarantees or promises attached.
Question 2 will give a small margin.
YouGov did a poll on it, it's 52 / 48 to remain.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Question 2 will give a small margin.
YouGov did a poll on it, it's 52 / 48 to remain.
I still maintain the margin for Remain will be very much greater. What the polls are missing is the will to vote.

With Leavers so openly disappointed and disillusioned with what's happened to date, many will be thinking "What's the use?" Many are already saying that so I think their turnout will fall. But Remainer anger at the last result will mean they won't be so complacent this time about the result and will turn out in greater numbers. The demonstrations nationally reflect the scale of their respective feelings.

The margin could easily be 10% in consequence.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That's it in a nutshell.

You see the EU as a crutch. A sheltered environment.

Lol. Absolutely spineless.
The Nutshell as you put it is the very opposite, Brexit is a Fear reaction: fear of foreigners, and fear of having to share, and the notion that somehow we are "Different and better" than those in the EU
The spineless ones are those who voted to leave and hide on our little island on the basis we haven't the brains to influence the future of the EU and couldn't hold our own against the other nations .
That is truly Pathetic
Leaving is an act of Cowardice, and of course utterly stupid since we have no plan and are led by morons.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I would respect the result of a second referendum,whatever the outcome nobody could claim that we are not knowledgeable this time. But don’t let May play games with the question....it should be simple Remain or Leave....if it’s Remain it’s the end of Brexit....if it’s Leave then we have to accept whatever deal the government achieve.
KudosDave

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
we need a referendum on what the questions will be in a ''' peoples vote'' and then we need another one to decide whether the result is valid, because we were told a bunch of lies and everybody is a bit confused, and its not a true result because some who voted originally are now dead and the turnout was so low it could not be considered valid???? But I suppose if result was to remain everyone would be expected to accept the result

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
And Fingers, As we all have a duty to respect facts... What aspects of the Galileo system were unique to the UK?. My understanding is that it has its roots in the US GPS system of 1973... .
maybe we should demand our money back that we invested in it if we can't use it. We are being told that we have to honor commitments made ie 39 billion. Seems a bit of a one way street to me

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
maybe we should demand our money back that we invested in it if we can't use it. We are being told that we have to honor commitments made ie 39 billion. Seems a bit of a one way street to me
We are not being denied Galileo, we will still have full access to its usual GPS facilities like those on the US system. Many smartphones are already Galileo ready.

What is being denied if we leave is the very high accuracy level that's used for weapon targetting, for example long range missile guidance and military drones. Of course that will be denied if we are no longer in their union and are just another country. We could after all become an ally of some other country and leak secret information on the system as it develops.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
we need a referendum on what the questions will be in a ''' peoples vote'' and then we need another one to decide whether the result is valid, because we were told a bunch of lies and everybody is a bit confused, and its not a true result because some who voted originally are now dead and the turnout was so low it could not be considered valid???? But I suppose if result was to remain everyone would be expected to accept the result
Let take that from the start
I shall use small words so with help perhaps you may understand

The referendum result was a simple yes /no question that could only be answered in ignorance of the consequences with a guess, literally a toss of a coin if you like, to the background of promises and lies on both sides, and the margin of victory small, and at that poisoned by the illegal actions of the leave campaign.

This equates with ordering a car from a very optimistic advertisement.
Two years later the car turns up
It in no way represents what was originally offered.

The customer has the right to be asked if they want to cancel the order or not.

This should be taken as an opportunity for the leave campaign to prove conclusively that despite the fact the public are now aware they have been sold an unsatisfactory item, they still want to go ahead.

And of course we need to take into account that only thirty eight percent of the eligible electorate voted to leave 62% did not, and sections of the public such as expats and the young were excluded

This is too important a change to be decided on a two year old toss of a coin made simply at a whim

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
facebook is still evil... And Twitter is the devils playground
I'm glad that the page-jumping nonsense is no longer with us and I agree largely with your criticism of both FB and Twitter although I have removed myself from the latter of those.

However, I belong to a couple of closed groups of very special people on FB - well, those of us still breathing anyway - and I therefore have an ongoing reason to keep track of events though funerals seems to be the most common thread these days.

Tom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
"Faceless nameless civil servants" is plain crap
1) To suggest that they are civil servants is quite wrong but I can let that pass because……..

2) Those member of the commission repeatedly referred to by the pig-ignorant as 'faceless EU bureaucrats' are all photographed after each group appointment so it can be demonstrated that they are real people….with names and faces!

The ignorant may wish to use a search engine and read all about the EU and its structures, how appointments are made, etc. It isn't difficult unless one is particularly inexpert at using a computer.

Sadly, there appears to be about 17 million in that category!

Tom

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
We are not being denied Galileo, we will still have full access to its usual GPS facilities like those on the US system. Many smartphones are already Galileo ready.

What is being denied if we leave is the very high accuracy level that's used for weapon targetting, for example long range missile guidance and military drones. Of course that will be denied if we are no longer in their union and are just another country. We could after all become an ally of some other country and leak secret information on the system as it develops.
You mean another country like the USA? Now that would be bad!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You mean another country like the USA? Now that would be bad!
Indeed that is what I was hinting at. I can envisage a future where the USA is acting in conflict with some EU interests, with the UK as its ally. The USA has been strongly opposed to the Galileo project from the outset, wanting Europe including the UK to remain dependent on their system.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Indeed that is what I was hinting at. I can envisage a future where the USA is acting in conflict with some EU interests, with the UK as its ally. The USA has been strongly opposed to the Galileo project from the outset, wanting Europe including the UK to remain dependent on their system.
Galileo only exists because the USA can use poor GPS signals at critical times as a weapon. Having elected a reality TV show host as "responsible person" really hasn't helped their case as a serious, responsible nation that can be trusted. In fact the US president is one of the current world leaders who is actually worse than your prime minister and that is saying a lot about current world politics... :eek:

Advertisers