Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It`s clear the Remoaners are accepting reality ............... have you signed flecc??
You don't know what reality is Tommie, of course I haven't signed.

We are a parliamentary democracy so I do not support such petitions or referenda. General Elections and our MPs are the legitimate avenues for registering preferences.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
£2 billions for what?
That's a good question 'Woosh'! I cannot begin to imagine what that money might be required for, other than as a kind of bribe or safety belt in the vain hope that the UK won't go bankrupt before trade of some description replaces that which is lost through a no-deal 'Brexit'.

Is it meant as a sop/bail-out to selected businesses to enable them to survive when their export market disappears? It seems to me that if the arrogance of the British aristocracy, their political wing and followers forces a no-deal 'Brexit' on a population desperate for a further opportunity to express its feelings about secession now that so much more information is available, it would be an act of gross treachery upon the people.

Tom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
or the EU will back down at the last minute and agree trade without tariffs.
KudosDave
I think some of the 27 remaining EU members might have something to say about that! Were that to happen, it would mean that the UK would be allowed to have all the parts of the EU it wants without paying a subscription - not a chance!

Tom

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You may wish for no deal but those who understand these matters know that it is not an option,May is bluffing to get her deal through,Hammond wont let no deal happen.
KudosDave
there are so many versions of 'no deal' brexit that nobody knows what their supporters want.

Is it:

- no divorce payment, no more talking?
- a deal on WTO tariff?
- a deal like Canada+?

They offer very different destinations.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It`s clear the Remoaners are accepting reality ............... have you signed flecc?? :)

Petition

Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019.

We are wasting Billions of pounds of taxpayers money trying to negotiate in a short space of time. Leaving the EU in March 2019 will allow the UK good time to negotiate more efficiently. The EU will be more eager to accept a deal on our terms having lost a major partner.
More details

Sign this petition

219,647 signatures

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STOP BREXIT

It's so desperately simple. The Government's standard response to these kinds of petitions is "The British people voted to leave the EU and the government respect that decision". BUT, the government themselves DO NOT KNOW the outcome of that decision, so how can they possibly respect it???

More details
Sign this petition

70,244 signatures
What an idiot you would have to be to believe this!
" Leaving the EU in March 2019 will allow the UK good time to negotiate more efficiently. The EU will be more eager to accept a deal on our terms having lost a major partner."Once we leave, that's it!

What terms would we be asking for that they haven't refused already?
You really, really must get better material.
That is absolute nonsense!

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Yes they would indeed have us back, why not, when all the crap has been beaten out of us and we can be considered "House Trained" and not liable to mess on the Welcome mat.
I wish I had your confidence in that OG although I do think it possible……in the EU's time and with a commitment to join the common currency and a full-rate subscription rather than the artisan rate we have been enjoying for years.

Tom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Wrong again, OG not only correctly forecast the referendum result but has from the beginning of this thread promoted No Deal as the best way to get Brexiters to understand what they'll get.

So far from being a slow learner, he's been far ahead of the game all along.
And I still seek to get them to understand reality despite being assured by Zlatan that "You can't educate Pork"

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Yes they would indeed have us back, why not, when all the crap has been beaten out of us and we can be considered "House Trained" and not liable to mess on the Welcome mat.

Like the Irish and the Greeks you mean?

Not going to happen old timer.

Get used to not being in the EU for the rest of your life.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And I still seek to get them to understand reality
The strange thing OG, is that when I post easily checkable entirely factual information like that of your forecasting record, both Tommie and Fingers mark it as "funny". It seems to indicate the low value they place on truth, while so obviously valuing faint hope very highly.

I wonder if they'd be interested in an impartial and intelligent discussion of all the Brexit options we have now, this contained in a radio program in the "Briefing Room" series.

Somehow I doubt it, but I'll offer the the link anyway:

"The Briefing Room" on the BBC i-player.

It's well worth listening to for everyone, especially the second half of the 27 minute program where every option is clearly laid out.

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
https://mol.im/a/6507235

Labour taking the bull by the horns again..
Corbyn must be only person in country who thinks this government hasn't failed decisively yet?? Or perhaps they, ve failed indecisively..? I.m not sure anymore... I used to be decisive, I can't decide if I am or not now.. I think it's all just too much for them all.
The comments after the article are more indicative of situation than article. They make interesting reading. Especially if you are a Corbyn supporter...

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Like the Irish and the Greeks you mean?

Not going to happen old timer.

Get used to not being in the EU for the rest of your life.
Not going to happen young and gullible leave voter

You are amusing! even if we leave we will be back in and chastened into being good neighbours as quickly as we start to suffer for our foolish decision, are compelled to rescue ourselves by creeping back in, and we can convince them we will not behave like the nut cases we have been doing.

That is what will delay our return, not how much the EU wants us back,( by then they will have got used to doing without us,) but how forgiving the EU public are for us ratting on them as we have and the number of insults we have aimed their way

The longer it takes the more damage we will suffer
And if they don't want us back?
Enjoy being poor tommie, and hope for unity with Eire to rescue you

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The strange thing OG, is that when I post easily checkable entirely factual information like that of your forecasting record, both Tommie and Fingers mark it as "funny". It seems to indicate the low value they place on truth, while so obviously valuing faint hope very highly.

I wonder if they'd be interested in an impartial and intelligent discussion of all the Brexit options we have now, this contained in a radio program in the "Briefing Room" series.

Somehow I doubt it, but I'll offer the the link anyway:

"The Briefing Room" on the BBC i-player.

It's well worth listening to for everyone, especially the second half of the 27 minute program where every option is clearly laid out.
Not much chance of them taking in anything that last longer than thirty seconds really :rolleyes:

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/len-mccluskey-says-second-brexit-referendum-must-be-left-on-the-table_uk_5b963378e4b0162f472ee059?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_cs=MlwoXu-Rih91hNpFoWwY9A

This goes someway to explain Corbyn's odd behaviour.
Mccluskey doesn't want a referendum for leave or remain, simply on accepting May's deal or no deal,but he, s pressing for a GE, a GE Corbyn knows they would lose..??? All a mess.
Time for a complete change. Tories and Labour are not working...
Labour are so unelectable Tories can perform as they are doing.
Only you OG would argue you can educate pork, and BTW my comment wasn't specifically aimed at you, plainly you are not thick. Just bigoted, argumentative, ugly, insulting and probably overweight.. But not thick. But if cap fits...let Tom borrow it, fits him perfect.You can share it in Co op window...

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Offensive Language
Reactions: oldtom and Fingers

Advertisers