Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Or what has `Knicker Elastic` got to do with Brexit??

Labour's red lines are constructed from a grade of "Knicker elastic" that won't adequately deal with having to be stretched to extent required for this "ambitious new flexible and scalable relationship that allows us to combine resources worldwide for maximum impact."
Without the inherent danger of suddenly snapping when under stress producing an embarrassing public scene due to a rather comical wardrobe malfunction of the proverbial "knicker dropping" variety.
Plus of course to have a "Backstop" would require a pair of braces, not an easy modification to a party which presently more resemble Nora Batty's Baggy Bloomers that something more glamorous like a thong.

Hope this explanation helps.

Lol.... you`ve forgotten haven`t you..
`Engage brain first - then finally gob` !!

Got it??

.....good..
Are you disagreeing with that tommie? is humour something you need a grown up to explain?
You are making yourself look silly again

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Obviously when you look at this evenings crop of nonsense from the leave trolls Brexit is something that they can no longer defend,and horsing around trying to tie up the debate is all they can do.
Very topical when you see what is happening in the house of Commons
Making fun of the mess they have made

And here is what their precious Brexit amounts to

BREAKING: Government tells citizens to start preparing for no-deal Brexit as Cabinet agrees to ramp up preparations. Public service announcements to be made in the coming weeks. No10 spokesman: “These are the actions of a sensible government to ensure people are prepared.”

Hilarious! what happened to Project fear from the remain campaign?

Will there be a dig for Victory Campaign? Ministry of Food booklets ?
Brexit in all its disastrous stupidity

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
This loyalist bullshine is miles View attachment 28182.

It seems as if the Orange Order is firmly stuck in the 17th century. The rest of the civilised world has moved on and adapted over the centuries but the the political wing of the protestant population cannot understand how stupid their behaviour is viewed by intelligent people the world over.

Tom
Tommie and OT and any one else interested or otherwise. This has no particular linkage with Brexit per se but does indicate the potential for trouble, and why the NI backstop and the concerns I amongst others ( including a very articulate John Major a week ago) have about an unsatisfactory border situation.

The following is as close a summary as I can make.
A family in their sixties living in a farm in co Roscommon were evicted on foot of a court order. I will not go into the rights or wrongs of that. It is alleged that they were badly maltreated by the baliffs ,who were contracted by the bank. There is video footage of this. It is alleged that the baliffs were in fact UVF or similar from NI and brought into the RoI for that purpose. There was a team of some 8 or more. .. So this was a big operation to remove 3 people in their 60s .
A few days later a gang of some 20 people, came in at night and beat up these baliffs . The identity of this second group is unknown but is generally surmised as having close SF connections. During this second event, a few of the baliffs were hospitalised ,a dog shot and vehicles belonging to the baliffs burned out.
The baliffs have been discharged from hospital, and presumably are well away from Roscommon.
Our Leader Leo has publicly denounced the second event,and is linking
it with quiescent paramilitary activities. Without knowing more, that seems to me highly plausible. There is an ambivalent response from the general public, as land and evictions is very emotional.
As I see it, there are bubbles of violence lurking below the surface, and a Brexit border will act as a catalyst..so Tommie,be careful what you wish for.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Obviously when you look at this evenings crop of nonsense from the leave trolls Brexit is something that they can no longer defend,and horsing around trying to tie up the debate is all they can do.
Very topical when you see what is happening in the house of Commons
Making fun of the mess they have made

And here is what their precious Brexit amounts to

BREAKING: Government tells citizens to start preparing for no-deal Brexit as Cabinet agrees to ramp up preparations. Public service announcements to be made in the coming weeks. No10 spokesman: “These are the actions of a sensible government to ensure people are prepared.”

Hilarious! what happened to Project fear from the remain campaign?

Will there be a dig for Victory Campaign? Ministry of Food booklets ?
Brexit in all its disastrous stupidity
Meanwhile the rest of the civilised world looks on in amazement and they laugh; they laugh at the madness of the people of a once-proud nation that led the world.

Tom

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Do you want me to do the maths for you?

Ps. Are you a genuine business person or just someone playing around in a bike shed down the garden?
Do you want me to do the maths for you?

Ps. Are you a genuine business person or just someone playing around in a bike shed down the garden?
That’s £41 billion....don’t forget even if we hard Brexit we still have to pay the £39 billion.....my bike shed has grown to 42000 sq ft,hehe.
One of my Asian suppliers asked me why we voted to make our country smaller(Scottish referendum),he now asks why we vote to make our country poorer.....Tommie,you are bright,how would you reply?
KudosDave

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
That’s £41 billion....don’t forget even if we hard Brexit we still have to pay the £39 billion.....my bike shed has grown to 42000 sq ft,hehe.
One of my Asian suppliers asked me why we voted to make our country smaller(Scottish referendum),he now asks why we vote to make our country poorer.....Tommie,you are bright,how would you reply?
KudosDave
Your suppliers and workers always seem to provide pertinent questions just at right time for our thread Kudos..
Seems to provide an endless supply of factual content to support your stance.
Chinese businessmen with an interest in our Brexit. Quite marvelous.

There has grown on here quite an insular view around this topic,not surprising with the monopoly remainers have demanded on righteousness... But folk should really try and look beyond this forum for a more realistic indication of how general public really feel, think. Nobody really knows but I do know it's nothing like the average on here.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Possibly surprising tweet from a former minister:

Nick Boles MP (@NickBoles)
If at any point between now and 29 March the government were to announce that ‘no deal’ Brexit had become its policy, I would immediately resign the Conservative whip and vote in any way necessary to stop it from happening.
December 18, 2018

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Your suppliers and workers always seem to provide pertinent questions just at right time for our thread Kudos..
Seems to provide an endless supply of factual content to support your stance.
Chinese businessmen with an interest in our Brexit. Quite marvelous.
The Chinese are very interested in Brexit,don’t forget that the EU recently added between 37% and 84% anti dumping duty to all Chinese e-bikes,coupled with Trumps 25% that has crippled many Chinese e-bike suppliers. If we crash out and these tariffs are eliminated they hope they can continue supplying again to the U.K. and us smuggle e-bikes into Europe,which is why the EU are so concerned about the lack of Irish border.
If these tariffs are eliminated the Chinese can sell us cheap steel,cheap cars,cheap white goods.....the list is endless.....which is why I am amused when Liam Fox keeps going on about a free trade deal with China.
Probably not marvellous,if you manufacture in the U.K.
KudosDave

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The Chinese are very interested in Brexit,don’t forget that the EU recently added between 37% and 84% anti dumping duty to all Chinese e-bikes,coupled with Trumps 25% that has crippled many Chinese e-bike suppliers. If we crash out and these tariffs are eliminated they hope they can continue supplying again to the U.K. and us smuggle e-bikes into Europe,which is why the EU are so concerned about the lack of Irish border.
If these tariffs are eliminated the Chinese can sell us cheap steel,cheap cars,cheap white goods.....the list is endless.....which is why I am amused when Liam Fox keeps going on about a free trade deal with China.
Probably not marvellous,if you manufacture in the U.K.
KudosDave
Know any good Chinese makes of freezer? :):)

(We actually do want a new freezer but I've not noticed any from China - at least, not obviously so.)

• Agree

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I don’t believe that Theresa May is serious about no deal,she is playing politics,it was starting to look that a second referendum was becoming the likely scenario,if she suggests that no deal is a possibility she has got the ERG on her side,hence why JRM supported her in the house.
She needs to get parliament into a position where her deal is considered preferred to no deal ,the second referendum got in the way.
It also undermined Corbyns position because he can no longer seek a no confidence vote against the government because it could also lead to a second referendum ,which he realises would lose him any possibility of a GE.
If it wasn’t playing games with our country the political chess moves are very interesting,but it could all go horribly wrong and real people’s lives be wrecked,May and Corbyn seem unconcerned,none of it is in the ‘national interest’
KudosDave

Last edited:

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Tommie and OT and any one else interested or otherwise. This has no particular linkage with Brexit per se but does indicate the potential for trouble, and why the NI backstop and the concerns I amongst others ( including a very articulate John Major a week ago) have about an unsatisfactory border situation.

The following is as close a summary as I can make.
A family in their sixties living in a farm in co Roscommon were evicted on foot of a court order. I will not go into the rights or wrongs of that. It is alleged that they were badly maltreated by the baliffs ,who were contracted by the bank. There is video footage of this. It is alleged that the baliffs were in fact UVF or similar from NI and brought into the RoI for that purpose. There was a team of some 8 or more. .. So this was a big operation to remove 3 people in their 60s .
A few days later a gang of some 20 people, came in at night and beat up these baliffs . The identity of this second group is unknown but is generally surmised as having close SF connections. During this second event, a few of the baliffs were hospitalised ,a dog shot and vehicles belonging to the baliffs burned out.
The baliffs have been discharged from hospital, and presumably are well away from Roscommon.
Our Leader Leo has publicly denounced the second event,and is linking
it with quiescent paramilitary activities. Without knowing more, that seems to me highly plausible. There is an ambivalent response from the general public, as land and evictions is very emotional.
As I see it, there are bubbles of violence lurking below the surface, and a Brexit border will act as a catalyst..so Tommie,be careful what you wish for.
I would find it incomprehensible that a Bank worth it`s salt would go out of the country in search of Baliffs, let alone employ a mob of dodgy paramilitaries - but you may know more than me on this one.
Your last para re violence is rubbish, why? what for? by whom? against what?
Straw man argument that..

• Disagree

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I don’t believe that Theresa May is serious about no deal,she is playing politics,it was starting to look that a second referendum was becoming the likely scenario,if she suggests that no deal is a possibility she has got the ERG on her side,hence why JRM supported her in the house.
She needs to get parliament into a position where her deal is considered preferred to no deal ,the second referendum got in the way.
It also undermined Corbyns position because he can no longer seek a no confidence vote against the government because it could also lead to a second referendum ,which he realises would lose him any possibility of a GE.
If it wasn’t playing games with our country the political chess moves are very interesting,but it could all go horribly wrong and real people’s lives be wrecked,May and Corbyn seem unconcerned,none of it is in the ‘national interest’
KudosDave

I’m pretty sure there will be no deal than Mays deal.

There just isn’t the numbers for her.

• Agree

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
They would not listen, they're not listening still.
Perhaps they never will...

Talking of people that never listen and never shut up.

Where is your mascot that hung around the hoc interrupting news programs?

Is it because it’s cold? Hardly die hard is he?

• Dislike

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I’m pretty sure there will be no deal than Mays deal.

There just isn’t the numbers for her.
not yet, there is a method in TM's tactics.
She picks on no deal brexit because deep down, fewer than 100 MPs genuinely believe that no deal is in the country's interest. MPs know that sooner or later, we'll have to cough up the divorce money so no deal will cost us more, not less.
She is throwing large sums of money into no deal preparations to scare other MPs into voting for her deal, those who would rather see the £2 billions in addition to the £4 billions already allocated spent on something else.

Last edited:

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
not yet, there is a method in TM's tactics.
She picks on no deal brexit because deep down, fewer than 100 MPs genuinely believe that no deal is in the country's interest.
She is throwing large sums of money into no deal preparations to scare other MPs into voting for her deal, those who would rather see the £2 billions spent on something else.

They only need 20 or so Tory MPs to vote against it. Remember. The vote will be about Mays deal. Not no deal. So labour SNP etc will say Mays deal is worse than no deal. And technically we’re not voting for no deal.

The money means very litthe. It’s just numbers. We can always print more.

Just like we did for the banks. The cat is out the bag on that score. And don’t forget the EU has only just stopped it’s 2.6 trillion....yes that’s trillion money printing program.

Hopefully some sensible heads will find a way in time. They usually do. All we want is a reasonable trade deal. It’s not that complicated.

Advertisers