Brexit, for once some facts.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
If I ever feel a little down, I watch Eastenders.
Austrians doing 112 km/h down mountain roads in vélomobiles cheers me up...

Reactions: robdon

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
You do provide a quite vivid impression of the deeply flawed thinking - and misplaced rage - behind leave voters decision to leave. Blaming others for everything that's wrong in your life is not a meaningful way to live. I'm sure the xenophobia that was part of the brexit decision was fuelled by the same projecting into others and impotent rage so obvious in your post. It doesn't get us any ware does it? How about trying to grow up and engage in slightly more adult behaviour and have a more informed grounded disagreement?
From a man who supports and attempts to justify attacks on nurses, police officers, ambulance crews and firefighters. No need to say any more, apart from:

[removed by admin]

You said that I was in your ignore list? Stop lying and try to tell the truth please. You will find it liberating.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
From a man who supports and attempts to justify attacks on nurses, police officers, ambulance crews and firefighters. No need to say any more, apart from:

****NAZI ALERT****
**** Agnew is active****

You said that I was in your ignore list? Stop lying and try to tell the truth please. You will find it liberating.
Sorry old chap, you've used up my empathy quota for today, you're going to have to fume on your own for a while. How about going for a nice bike ride and a green tea? It never fails to cheer me up

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Good morning all! Can we please try to be polite and disagree with each other's ideas respectfully. Getting a bit fed up with having to get the digital bucket of water and soap out to clean up various scum/tw@t/nazi/sphincter (all delightful) references. They are just insults and don't further the debate.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Sorry old chap, you've used up my empathy quota for today, you're going to have to fume on your own for a while. How about going for a nice bike ride and a green tea? It never fails to cheer me up
All good here thank you. I have enjoyed upsetting you this morning and I can detect the anger and frustration that I have caused via your posts. The thin veneer of false calm does little to mask your sadness. I’m sorry it all got too much for you and you had to ask a grown up for some help (the moderator).

I won’t be cycling today, but will be out with the club on Sunday morning. I’m enjoying a walk with my dog right now on this lovely frosty & sunny start to the day. I’ll probably go for a run this afternoon and then out for a Chinky with the wife this evening. So as I say, no green tea or cycling for me today.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
All good here thank you. I have enjoyed upsetting you this morning and I can detect the anger and frustration that I have caused via your posts. The thin veneer of false calm does little to mask your sadness. I’m sorry it all got too much for you and you had to ask a grown up for some help (the moderator).

I won’t be cycling today, but will be out with the club on Sunday morning. I’m enjoying a walk with my dog right now on this lovely frosty & sunny start to the day. I’ll probably go for a run this afternoon and then out for a Chinky with the wife this evening. So as I say, no green tea or cycling for me today.
I'm happy the moderator intervened though (and you're welcome to ask her directly) I didn't ask her to intervene. What can I say? Suggesting that I'm upset, or nursing that fantasy to try and make yourself feel better is also not very meaningful. Your rants are just that, your rants, your baggage.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Minor correction.

.. will force the Government to REQUEST an extension etc ...
In my opinion too little, too late
and what do you think the EU is going to do? say no?

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I'm happy the moderator intervened though (and you're welcome to ask her directly) I didn't ask her to intervene. What can I say? Suggesting that I'm upset, or nursing that fantasy to try and make yourself feel better is also not very meaningful. Your rants are just that, your rants, your baggage.
You are a very angry man aren’t you? The false calmness and serenity in your words does little to mask it.

I’ve seen it remarked within these pages that you became so upset, frustrated and angry that you actually changed your identity from a previous one to Jonathan Agnew. I don’t know if this is true, only you know the answer to that, but if it is true, that really is a very sad state of affairs and you have my sympathy. Let me know, because if it is so, I’ll leave you alone. I don’t want to drive you into taking those sorts of measures, or cause you that much upset again. Best regards.

Reactions: tommie and Zlatan

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
You are a very angry man aren’t you? The false calmness and serenity in your words does little to mask it.

I’ve seen it remarked within these pages that you became so upset, frustrated and angry that you actually changed your identity from a previous one to Jonathan Agnew. I don’t know if this is true, only you know the answer to that, but if it is true, that really is a very sad state of affairs and you have my sympathy. Let me know, because if it is so, I’ll leave you alone. I don’t want to drive you into taking those sorts of measures, or cause you that much upset. Best regards.
Troll alert

• Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
and what do you think the EU is going to do? say no?
Yes. . Listen to what has been said in central and eastern eu countries... It is now gone a little like the Eurovision, , the few western countries no longer have a full veto.
I have qualified my comments in each previous posting.. depending on what the UK offers. But the EU will not be interested in prevarication for the sake of delay. The WA has a sell by date. It expires with the current EU parliament.. that is the norm in parliaments,unless a treaty is fully agreed it falls. Mr Barnier loses his mandate,and needs to be reappointed or replaced when a bew EU parliament is formed. That will not include any UK representativeness... Unless the UK rescinds their withdrawal.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yes. . Listen to what has been said in central and eastern eu countries... It is now gone a little like the Eurovision, , the few western countries no longer have a full veto.
I have qualified my comments in each previous posting.. depending on what the UK offers. But the EU will not be interested in prevarication for the sake of delay. The WA has a sell by date. It expires with the current EU parliament.. that is the norm in parliaments,unless a treaty is fully agreed it falls. Mr Barnier loses his mandate,and needs to be reappointed or replaced when a bew EU parliament is formed. That will not include any UK representativeness... Unless the UK rescinds their withdrawal.
my view is the EU will continue to negotiate for as long as it takes and won't oppose to any extension of A50.
The A50 process loads the cost of negotiation onto the UK bill on top of normal subscription.
The UK pays the bills and have no say.
There is nothing to dislike as far as the EU bosses are concerned.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and 50Hertz

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
two radio hosts on the same subject, which one is more convincing?

Julia HB: "We voted for Brexit to bring sovereignty back to the British people. It's the remoaners who are the hardliners. It's the remoaners who are the extremists. In a democracy those kinds of people need to be stopped."

James O'Brien
Those of us who’ve been proved miserably right about Brexit have hoped throughout that we’d misunderstood something & would be proved wrong. Those who’ve been proved categorically & catastrophically wrong about everything are still all over the media insisting that they’re right.

Reactions: robdon and flecc

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
my view is the EU will continue to negotiate for as long as it takes and won't oppose to any extension of A50.
The A50 process loads the cost of negotiation onto the UK bill on top of normal subscription.
The UK pays the bills and have no say.
There is nothing to dislike as far as the EU bosses are concerned.
I agree. As the Irish PM knows, money is king, that is all that matters, everything else can be forsaken. The U.K. delaying and remaining in its current state of limbo is a win for the EU. They will be content for it to continue, all they need to do is keep saying no, and count the cash as it rolls in.

Advertisers