Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Ms Cooper is my local MP. A Petition on a local Facebook page has reached 30,000 to

have her deselected. (70% voted to leave)
Then she will have a struggle to retain a seat. The price of principle over expediency. She needs only to remind them that her Act, has no effect on Brexit per se, provided a deal is reached. It is not an Act to revoke Brexit.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Woosh

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You really believe this?

I’m not sure if you have a god comeplex, so self unaware you barely exist unless you talk to yourself or just plain dumb.

You sound like that old codger who thought a million people daily were reading his pre dementia ramblings.

You really don’t get the internet do you? You don’t read people’s posts or if you do you forget them a minute later. Think about that. If you. As a self proposed influencer on this forum can’t be bothered to read and remember other people’s views what chance is there for anyone else? And we all know no one is cleverer than you.
And why do you post?. Certainly it is not to demonstrate your command of the argument.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and wheeler

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The problem with this stuff is it’s nuts.

It makes no sense.

Except for one thing. You only get it if you hate Jews.
I think you've misjudged him. Watch some of his other videos. I'd describe him more as a new liberal - pro free-speech, anti- fascist, anti-establishment, anti-corruption anti-sectionalisation, anti-oppression, etc. In other words, pretty normal.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Funny how all the Remainer press criticise the ERG. When the truth is they're the only ones standing up for the actual Brexit (we voted for. And yet they are portrayed as the bad guys. And nobody within the Remainer bubble (incl most of you lot here) - even see this.
You are joking I hope???
IDS,Rees-Mogg,Redwood,Cash,Bone are the old aristocracy class,in the French revolution they would have lost their heads. It is ironic that they are the most vocal and ideological of the hard Brexiteers and yet they were the cause of Brexit looking increasingly unlikely by not supporting May's deal.
If Boris and Davis had done their jobs properly we may have had a deal that both Leavers and Remainers could have agreed upon,but Davis just picked up the EU's deal and not surprisingly it was biased towards the EU.
I hope the ERG will split off to join Farage's Brexit party and good riddance to them.
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I would have said it was more of an attempt by the ERG to get the EU to say no to an
extension.
Agreed,but the EU can see through that....the EU are moving May into a direction that will inevitably lead to a second vote or a GE,the latter she has tried once and lost,she doesnt want to be known as the PM who failed on Brexit and let JC into power,that would be a double whammy.
Perhaps she can blame Labour for a second vote.
KudosDave

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think you've misjudged him.
he's a dropout student, made a career out of being populist. Any one can be pro free-speech, anti- fascist, anti-establishment, anti-corruption, anti-oppression, but it's when they try to square a circle that you know they are less than honest to the people who vote for them.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Then she will have a struggle to retain a seat. The price of principle over expediency. She needs only to remind them that her Act, has no effect on Brexit per se, provided a deal is reached. It is not an Act to revoke Brexit.
Cant agree with that at all. Her actions have undermined any chances of a good deal. She showed entire world our hand and demonstrated most were frightened of a no deal. I think this single episode ranks highest out of a long list of showing ourselves up. We have proved incapable of negotiating anything, more rolled over submitted and died as any force to be reckoned with.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Ms Cooper is my local MP. A Petition on a local Facebook page has reached 30,000 to

have her deselected. (70% voted to leave)
Her Husband Edd Balls took the voters for granted. He lost his majority at the last election.
She wont be alone. Its shocking. I wonder what remainers would think in a constituency that voted 70% to remain and their mp instigated our leaving. Its simply appalling.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Cant agree with that at all. Her actions have undermined any chances of a good deal. She showed entire world our hand and demonstrated most were frightened of a no deal. I think this single episode ranks highest out of a long list of showing ourselves up. We have proved incapable of negotiating anything, more rolled over submitted and died as any force to be reckoned with.

The weakest most inept pm in the history of our country

Reactions: OxygenJames

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
She wont be alone. Its shocking. I wonder what remainers would think in a constituency that voted 70% to remain and their mp instigated our leaving. Its simply appalling.
Yet another person who misunderstood the nature of UK democracy. Aas an MP her responsibilities are to the Nation and use her best Judgement,not as a mouthpiece for her constituents. Anyway her act does not preclude the UK leaving WITH A .DEAL. So she has honoured the general terms of the referendum, not your specific flavour of it.

• Agree

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Perhaps by the frightened. I cant see for a moment, and doubt I ever will, how one side removing no deal could possibly help negotiations. It didnt. Perhaps if History gets rewritten there will be a statue.
I wonder how our negotiators would have felt had EU removed no deal. It was utterly stupid.
No deal was never a practical possibility unless our government prepared for it starting June 24,2016. HMRC have no preparation to collect tariffs ,if we no deal our country will grind to a halt in a week.
The EU are not stupid they know that no deal was always an empty threat.
But in a few days it may happen by accident,be interesting how much grovelling May will do to get us back in and quick.
Zlatan,you may get your wish to find out what no deal looks like.....bet Rees-Mogg has already moved his money out of sterling.
KudosDave

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
No deal was never a practical possibility unless our government prepared for it starting June 24,2016. HMRC have no preparation to collect tariffs ,if we no deal our country will grind to a halt in a week.
The EU are not stupid they know that no deal was always an empty threat.
But in a few days it may happen by accident,be interesting how much grovelling May will do to get us back in and quick.
Zlatan,you may get your wish to find out what no deal looks like.....bet Rees-Mogg has already moved his money out of sterling.
KudosDave
I agree it could happen by accident.

• Agree

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I could believe that at some time in the future when tempers cool, and rationality recovers, the British will be putting up a statue to Ms Cooper , for having saved the British from their worst selves
I don’t like Cooper, but on this occasion, she has done well.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
https://mol.im/a/6610591
Good article from PH... Sort of contradicts Kudos snd Danidl. (taking this and his favourable view of no deal)
Who knows best. Kudos, Danidl or PH? Now I wonder.
Who stands to make most money out of it? Now I wonder?. There are many scheme's by which a person with capital can make money , betting against the pound?. Short selling?.
Keep up your fanboy adulation.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
No the problem is that the referendum was rigged
I disagree, I don’t think it was rigged. Leave told a better quality of lie, that’s all.

It just needs to be re-run based on truth, facts and evidence gathered over the last three years. Remain will then win 60 / 40. The whole lot can be put in the bin afterwards and we can try and forget about it, a bit like when you embarrass yourself in public.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I disagree, I don’t think it was rigged. Leave told a better quality of lie, that’s all.

It just needs to be re-run based on truth, facts and evidence gathered over the last three years. Remain will then win 60 / 40. The whole lot can be put in the bin afterwards and we can try and forget about it, a bit like when you embarrass yourself in public.
The UK press has been lying about the EU for donkey's years - and don't forget rule number one:

- If anything goes wrong it is the EU's fault

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Advertisers