Brexit, for once some facts.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
In the past, Farage has indicated at a second referendum. That could be a chink of light, a starting point on the pathway out of this mess.

I don’t like Farage, but it’s stupid to deny him when you look at the popularity of the BXP. Unfortunately, they need to be part of the Brexit solution, as do the LibDems, given their clear stance and growing support.

I’m afraid Oldgroaner’s uncompromising & deaf approach will always end in a complete failure.
You may not realize how anathema farage is to a significant chunk of the electorate/mp's. He is not - and i repeat - not - a unifying figure. Cynically, im happy with any fudge (for all i care tr could become the next pm with farage as chancelor) because i think lady reality will give any hard brexit process an almighty kick up the cyster.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
You may not realize how anathema farage is to a significant chunk of the electorate/mp's. He is not - and i repeat - not - a unifying figure. Cynically, im happy with any fudge (for all i care tr could become the next pm with farage as chancelor) because i think lady reality will give any hard brexit process an almighty kick up the cyster.

You’re saying he is a unifying figure and will be a good chancelor (sic)

I thought you hated Farage and are terrified of him.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
(for all i care tr could become the next pm with farage as chancelor)
I don't see Farage in any cabinet post, he's a work avoider who's never done a day's real work in his life. PM yes , he'd take that and delegate to the cabinet all responsibility.

• Agree
Reactions: 50Hertz

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
You need to work on the trolling. Its become boring.

You used a double negative and said you wanted him as chancelor (sic)

It’s not trolling you silly sausage. I’m just replying to your poorly worded posts.

What is it with remainers and their terrible English? It’s a definite trait amongst you all.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Here you are this is what has been achieved since the referendum
Implemented a measure to help protect us against fake medicines.

Unsafe medicines stolen in Italy 'entered NHS supply chain'
Criminal gangs sold ‘falsified’ drugs to UK pharmacies, Channel 4’s Dispatches reveals

All medicines in the UK have carried a unique barcode since February 2019, which allows their veracity to be authenticated after the MHRA implemented the EU Falsified Medicines Directive.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jun/16/unsafe-medicines-stolen-in-italy-entered-nhs-supply-chain

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Ok, don’t lay an egg, it just seems like a possible way forward. I don’t think Farage expects no deal, so there is some merit in his involvement, if only to try and bring two opposing sides a little closer together.

Again you indicate why you will always fail. My suggestion of the slightest opening of an avenue to compromise sends you completely off the scale of rationality.
I do not "Always Fail" as you put it, far from it! and the notion that Farage can be used to aid a good cause is frankly bloody stupid.

He is owned by The right wing pro USA cabal, and his purpose is obvious.
It isn't going to change is it?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You used a double negative and said you wanted him as chancelor (sic)

It’s not trolling you silly sausage. I’m just replying to your poorly worded posts.

What is it with remainers and their terrible English? It’s a definite trait amongst you all.
Having likened me to a Noble Prize winner in Literature, you must surely be excusing me from that?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
From todays Irish Independent...
*** best piece of Brexit commentary I've seen since 2016 was the notice which appeared in the window of a bookshop in London. A single printed sheet told customers: "The post-apocalyptic fiction section has been moved to current affairs."****

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
From todays Irish Independent...
*** best piece of Brexit commentary I've seen since 2016 was the notice which appeared in the window of a bookshop in London. A single printed sheet told customers: "The post-apocalyptic fiction section has been moved to current affairs."****
fiction is the right word

Reactions: OxygenJames

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It's all over bar the shouting.

View attachment 30914
And this is the best of the bunch you have to select from?

He left Eton already classified by the Master in College as an idle, incompetent selfish idiot and he hasn't improved since then.

To be fair this does actually rate him well above the intellectual capacity of Conservative Party members who see him as a "Dangerous Intellectual"

Advertisers