Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I will be honest.

I thought some of you would have watched my piece go out

I will not lie.

I guess I'm wrong that I thought despite our differences we have something here.
I always watch Newsnight but last night's episode was unremarkable.
The new intro graphics reminds me of Netflix.
The rest of the program was boring because the panelists are rather C list.
The intro piece was entertaining though.
'Circle the wagons' bit was funny.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I always watch Newsnight but last night's episode was unremarkable.
The new intro graphics reminds me of Netflix.
The rest of the program was boring because the panelists are rather C list.
The intro piece was entertaining though.
'Circle the wagons' bit was funny.
Be fair the problem when reporting on Johnson's amateur slapstick is simply
It can only be played for laughs
"You can't make a silk purse out of a Sows Ear" especially not when he reverts to childhood jibes because he can't get his own way
Corbyn owned him so he responds against being made a monkey of by calling Corbyn a chicken!
And would rather be dead in a ditch than obey parliament.
What happened to wanting it to take back control?
This embarrassment on legs is a liability to the nation, and his pillock of an advisor needs to be ejected with him too.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You have to wonder how the Conservative Membership are taking this emasculation of their champion.
Or are they too far gone to understand what is happening?

Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
You have to wonder how the Conservative Membership are taking this emasculation of their champion.
Or are they too far gone to understand what is happening?
That is, I assume, one reason for being filmed with a bovine. Whatever BJ hasn't got, the bull has in plenty. Mind, when it comes to BS, BJ wins.

Reactions: oldgroaner

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Corbyn owned him so he responds against being made a monkey of by calling Corbyn a chicken!
And would rather be dead in a ditch than obey parliament.
What happened to wanting it to take back control?
Some of the things you always heard on brexit TV debates:

- the will of the people
- I am a democrat
- I voted remain but I accept the result
- 17.4 millions

How much of that is still true?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Some of the things you always heard on brexit TV debates:

- the will of the people
- I am a democrat
- I voted remain but I accept the result
- 17.4 millions

How much of that is still true?
The most potent seems to be "just get on with it" - in various forms.

I can imagine a condemned prisoner wishing they just get on with the execution. But that doesn't make post-execution acceptable as a result - just an inevitability. Reprieve would probably be far more welcome.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I can imagine a condemned prisoner wishing they just get on with the execution.
do you mean like everytime Bojo says 'we have to get brexit done'?

He conjures up the image of him driving the school bus on a downhill road after the ERG has cut his brake hydraulics.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think that is what would be viewed under the US Constitution as Cruel and Unusual punishment. Probably also outlawed under the Hague convention on Human Rights
Under article 8 of the Geneva Convention as cruel and unusual punishment.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Why are we not speeding warships with humanitarian aid to the Bahamas?

Oh yeah.

We haven't got any and we haven't got a government.

Disgusting.
We have newish Ocean class ships that are ideal for this purpose, all carrying helicopters and landing craft and each able to easily carry 500 passengers in comfort. The last I heard of them was one of them, HMS Bulwark, rescuing migrants crossing the Med.

And as you say, no government to divert them.

Edit: HMS Ocean sold and now flagship of the Brazilian navy under the name PHM Atlantico, so only HMS Albion and HMS Bulwark carrying this role now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fingers and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
do you mean like everytime Bojo says 'we have to get brexit done'?

He conjures up the image of him driving the school bus on a downhill road after the ERG has cut his brake hydraulics.
I'd sure rather have Sandra Bullock driving.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I'd sure rather have Sandra Bullock driving.
the thing that irks me when Bojo says 'get brexit done' is this: it's not his decision how it's done, it's parliament's.
If he wants to get it done, he has to work with parliament, not try to shut it down.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
the thing that irks me when Bojo says 'get brexit done' is this: it's not his decision how it's done, it's parliament's.
If he wants to get it done, he has to work with parliament, not try to shut it down.
Do you remember when the Beast of Bolsover was excluded from the HoC after he accused George Osborne, the Shadow Chancellor, of having taken cocaine? (Ironies, he could legitimately have accused BJ of that. No idea if GO ever did.)

It would be interesting to see if the PM could be excluded. There are many potential arguments as to why, but I am sure someone could come up with a specific reason. And, if he could, would he legitimately be able to continue as PM while excluded?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It would be interesting to see if the PM could be excluded. There are many potential arguments as to why, but I am sure someone could come up with a specific reason. And, if he could, would he legitimately be able to continue as PM while excluded?
Possibly, after all, a titled member of the House of Lords can be PM and a number have served as PM from the Lords.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Possibly, after all, a titled member of the House of Lords can be PM and a number have served as PM from the Lords.
You could be right, and I am well aware of some from the Lords in the past. But having no right to sit in either House? That would be another level. Completely impossible to question or in any way hold to account.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You could be right, and I am well aware of some from the Lords in the past. But having no right to sit in either House? That would be another level. Completely impossible to question or in any way hold to account.
He might be smart enough to get in first by saying he was taking a holiday, leaving Gove holding the fort as deputy in the usual PM's holiday manner.

Then Gove while temporarily in office as PM could ask Brussels for the extension.

I think we can be sure there will be some device to ensure no legal crisis while he saves face.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It gets weirder by the day over at the Express
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1174467/Brexit-News-Party-update-latest-Boris-Johnson-Jeremy-Corbyn-general-election-no-deal
Brexit Party ready to back Corbyn to free UK from EU shackles – 'lesser of two evils'
BREXIT PARTY MEP Ben Habib revealed how much Nigel Farage’s party would be willing to sacrifice to ensure a true Brexit is delivered - including allowing Jeremy Corbyn to become Prime Minister.

Businessman and Brexit Party MEP Ben Habib insisted that Boris Johnson could continue to slide on his Brexit promises and rehash Theresa May’s deal without the backstop. During an interview with Express.co.uk Mr Habib revealed he and the Brexit Party would be willing to bring down the Government in a general election and have Corbyn as the next Prime Minister to prevent a return of the much-hated withdrawal agreement. Mr Habib said: “It seems to me that Boris is already backsliding.

They do rather flatter themselves, the political equivalent of a roadside "Greasy Spoon " so called party that is a startup company owned by Farage imagines it has the influence to allowJeremy Corbyn to become Prime Minister.???

And of course the question is, does your OWNER agree Mr Habib?

Or does he want to be able to backpedal on this claim later, so let a mere minion say it?
The readers comments are hostile!

Last edited:

Advertisers