Brexit, for once some facts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Nonsense. The Leave campaigners promised a deal, all saying it would be easy, and a deal you got according the the rules we'd agreed very long ago.

No official Leave campaigner ever said we'd leave with No Deal and to claim No Deal was what people voted for is BS.

The leave campaign wasn’t government.

You are wrong again.

The leave campaign could not promise anything.

Sorry if you fell for that but anyone with a brain knew anything they said was a suggestion.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Anthony is your middle name Gerald.

Stop lying
This is true, however , if you ask a grown up they will tell you I was joking.
Don't you know when someone is joking without needing help?

And as a little more amusement for you , my usually used name is Tony.
Question for you, why is that they case?

• Disagree
Reactions: Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

You are wrong again.

Sorry if you fell for that but anyone with a brain knew anything they said was a suggestion.
The leave contained figures actually in the Government who were expecting to be able to fulfil promises and indeed undertook to do just that.

apparently you regard millions of people who accepted these promises didn't have a brain?
Now who is looking down on leave voters and calling them thick?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Can I really believe Gove said this:

Gove says the question for MPs is, are they willing to ignore data protection legislation, the ECHR and the normal conventions of government, just so that Grieve’s curiosity can be satisfied.
Hilarious!

Reactions: oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I didn't say it was, but they consistently stated that we'd leave with an easy to get deal.

Then when they won the government implemented exactly what they campaigned for, the easy to get deal.

Then many of the Leavers didn't like what they'd voted for and started the nonsense that leaving with No Deal was what they wanted all along. I repeat, utter BS.

The win for Leave was in fact a pyrrhic victory, and the more they wake up to that fact, the angrier they get.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Bercow will be last seen leaving the Building with a smile on his face that would shame Elvis. :cool:
I love it when a BRINO comes together
that's the only way to do brexit.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I didn't say it was, but they consistently stated that we'd leave with an easy to get deal.

Then when they won the government implemented exactly what they campaigned for, the easy to get deal.

Then many of the Leavers didn't like what they'd voted for and started the nonsense that leaving with No Deal was what they wanted all along. I repeat, utter BS.

The win for Leave was in fact a pyrrhic victory, and the more they wake up to that fact, the angrier they get.

The pyrrhic victory is clearly for the remainists.

They will get the extension but the end game will mean they get the no deal they are so worried about.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

They will get the extension but the end game will mean they get the no deal they are so worried about.
No, that is not on the menu, the choices are May's Deal, No Brexit or a people's vote

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
if you want to bring people together, the solution should have no winners, everybody loses but much less.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
if you want to bring people together, the solution should have no winners, everybody loses but much less.

Unfortunately the remainists have got themselves in such a tizzy there doesn’t seem to be much middle ground. Same with the frothers on the leave.

You have folks on the remain side in the middle who want to respect democracy and folks on the leave side who genuinely think they have made a mistake.

The best course of action would have to come from the EU and offer some reform. Some change. However small. And that would allow a sec9nd referendum being 9ffered where no one loses face.

Unfortunately the EU isn’t that benevolent. One of the reasons I voted out incidentally. And the EU would rather us leave and make an example of us to any other waverers.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Unfortunately the EU isn’t that benevolent. One of the reasons I voted out incidentally. And the EU would rather us leave and make an example of us to any other waverers.
the EU position was made clear in the months following the referendum, well before A50 notice was given.
They cannot offer a solution where the UK will be better out than in.
the choice is between a bad deal or no deal or cancel A50.
Bojo thought he could extract a good price for the EU trade surplus but he is wrong. He is like many brexiters, too lazy to do their home work. A50 was designed to make leaving expensive. The exit point is WTO or a bad deal. Sir Rogers explained to them the situation and brexiters preferred to sack him instead of listening.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
The NY Times? - the paper that gave up any hint of impartiality many many moons ago.
Overall, we rate the New York Times Left-Center biased based on word and story selection that moderately favors the left, but highly factual and considered one of the most reliable sources for information due to proper sourcing and well respected journalists/editors. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-times/

The paper has won 127 Pulitzer Prizes, more than any other newspaper.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

The remainers have no victory of any kind, they lost the referendum vote. Getting a deal signed is not a victory, just a possible softening of their loss.

Truly leaving after 44 years membership and integration was always impossible, so leavers were always doomed to a disappointing outcome, making us all losers.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

You are wrong again.

'We didn't vote to leave without a deal': Michael Gove no-deal Brexit quote written in the sands can be seen from Space

Gove wrote: "But we didn’t vote to leave without a deal. That wasn’t the message of the campaign I helped lead. During that campaign, we said we should do a deal with the EU and be part of the network of free trade deals that covers all Europe, from Iceland to Turkey."

"Leaving without a deal on March 29 would not honour that commitment. It would undoubtedly cause economic turbulence. Almost everyone in this debate accepts that."

Two familiar faces of paragon & virtue...

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
'We didn't vote to leave without a deal': Michael Gove no-deal Brexit quote written in the sands can be seen from Space

Gove wrote: "But we didn’t vote to leave without a deal. That wasn’t the message of the campaign I helped lead. During that campaign, we said we should do a deal with the EU and be part of the network of free trade deals that covers all Europe, from Iceland to Turkey."

"Leaving without a deal on March 29 would not honour that commitment. It would undoubtedly cause economic turbulence. Almost everyone in this debate accepts that."

Two familiar faces of paragon & virtue...

Yet here we are.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
the EU position was made clear in the months following the referendum, well before A50 notice was given.
They cannot offer a solution where the UK will be better out than in.
the choice is between a bad deal or no deal or cancel A50.
Bojo thought he could extract a good price for the EU trade surplus but he is wrong. He is like many brexiters, too lazy to do their home work. A50 was designed to make leaving expensive. The exit point is WTO or a bad deal. Sir Rogers explained to them the situation and brexiters preferred to sack him instead of listening.

Well I look forward to the surfeit of British lamb and cheese we will be able to eat whilst we strike trade deals.

The world is a much smaller place logistically than 50 years ago.

I will be honest. I never thought the tail wagged the dog so hard, I mean I knew the EU was in principle the nominative head. And this is one of the reasons I voted out. But to discover it really is in charge.

Then I will be grateful to leave. I will appreciate the opportunity to build the UK from within and re nationalise our services.

Advertisers