Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You can’t treat him seriously. If it is a he.

This could be the ultimate troll account.

Lies upon lies upon lies from this one.

He posted many times about his million viewers and used to say often that we need to keep on topic as the viewers didn’t want threads meandering off....When in fact it was usually him insulting someone that deviated the thread.
If ever a post was clearly trolling this one is it.
I stand corrected, OG's actual phrase was "neat deals"
I said no such thing. View attachment 32097

This is a complete fabrication. A downright lie. I never said anything of the kind.
OG has had since April to find the post where I made this statement or apologise. He has done neither. He is a liar.
Its there in black and white, quite clear. He even asks what I meant by neat deals. Perhaps he should answer his own question.
Do a search on "neat deals" from my posts. Its not difficult. The only time I, ve mentioned the phrase is in denying having said it. He made it up. I dont think anyone has actually used the phrase.
Fascinating, why should I fabricate such a question? and why does it make you get your knickers in a twist?
It was hardly a loaded question, yet somehow it must have hit a nerve, perhaps now you have brought it up again you an explain why?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
If ever a post was clearly trolling this one is it.

Fascinating, why should I fabricate such a question? and why does it make you get your knickers in a twist?
It was hardly a loaded question, yet somehow it must have hit a nerve, perhaps now you have brought it up again you an explain why?
Because you lied. Had I ever made the comment attributed to me you would have quoted it by now. You actually believe your own lies. You trully do believe you recollect me saying " Brexit will produce some neat deals for me". (or whatever it is you recollect) I, ve proved you lied yet you fail to apologise.
Proven liar and delusional.
Just use the search facility. Only person to use "neat deals" is you.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Not always madness, it would be mad of me not to use the best. I really can't be bothered going though all that Aldi and Lidl sell to find out what's good and what's not, since price is irrelevant to me, and I don't want to do multiple part shops. I don't even know what I pay for most items since I never look at the prices, just buying what I want, which is the best of everything.

So I use a very large Sainsbury's over five miles away that has a vast range of everything in stock , rather than my local mid sized Sainsburys under two miles distant which often hasn't. This pattern of behaviour is surely the benefit of having more than enough money, there's no point in having money otherwise, if not to better life.
Some years ago, Sainsbury opened a large store local to me. I found shopping there was a pain for many reasons. Ranging from a car park which seemed to let in more vehicles than there are parking places, how far you have to walk, a row of forty (or some other large number) of tills with only three in use, the least good bakery goods section of all the supermarkets, and on.

We ended up finding Lidl so much more convenient - until it got busy.

Before we left, it was Waitrose in the next town in any direction or Lidl locally. Occasionally Tesco or Morrisons.

Now we go round all the ones we have - Tesco, Lidl, Aldi, Morrisons and M&S - each has strengths and weaknesses. But we can actually get round ALL of them in less time than it used to take us just going to one. (We don't actually actually visit every single one - more a case of we could and have done once or twice.) And we do use local shops as well.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Because you lied. Had I ever made the comment attributed to me you would have quoted it by now. You actually believe your own lies. You trully do believe you recollect me saying " Brexit will produce some neat deals for me". (or whatever it is you recollect) I, ve proved you lied yet you fail to apologise.
actually you have repeated it more times than I have!

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
As an Englishman and proud citizen of the UK I do find it rather rude when foreign countries take the pi ss out of the prime minister.

I am no fan of Johnson and I was no fan of May. But the treatment Johnson has had on his two foreign trips to the smaller countries is downright offensive. We had the rudeness of Leo and then to blow that out of the water some tiny little, corrupt township embarrassing, on purpose our representative.

No matter what the politics...when it comes to allies at least, surely a modicum of public respect is due? Even Trump was given that respect.

How could Johnson not walk away from that trap of a presser? It's surely the hosts responsibility to make sure their guests are treated fairly and with some decorum. Yet you have this upstart leader of 30 thousand or so embarrassing our highest office and taking great delight in it.

Do they think this will help their cause?

Very poor form and does nothing to help the EU in the eyes of leavers.

• :D
Reactions: daveboy and wheeler

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Good luck. You, ll be a while. Takes 10 seconds to do a search... You, ve now had months.
Liar.
Tell me this
How does "I recall you saying" constitute a lie? it was a response to something you had said and that is all.
Even if my memory is faulty it still isn't a lie, as I believe my memory was correct, at the very worst I could simply have been wrong, but what would have been the purpose of making up such a none ambiguous question?
It's simply a remark you made that I remembered, nothing more or less and I'm still looking .

Reactions: daveboy

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Tell me this
How does "I recall you saying" constitute a lie? it was a response to something you had said and that is all.
Even if my memory is faulty it still isn't a lie, as I believe my memory was correct, at the very worst I could simply have been wrong, but what would have been the purpose of making up such a none ambiguous question?
It's simply a remark you made that I remembered, nothing more or less and I'm still looking .
Because its impossible for you to recall something I didnt say. You, ve made it up. Please find the post "you remember". You cant because it does not, and never has, existed.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
As an Englishman and proud citizen of the UK I do find it rather rude when foreign countries take the pi ss out of the prime minister.

I am no fan of Johnson and I was no fan of May. But the treatment Johnson has had on his two foreign trips to the smaller countries is downright offensive. We had the rudeness of Leo and then to blow that out of the water some tiny little, corrupt township embarrassing, on purpose our representative.

No matter what the politics...when it comes to allies at least, surely a modicum of public respect is due? Even Trump was given that respect.

How could Johnson not walk away from that trap of a presser? It's surely the hosts responsibility to make sure their guests are treated fairly and with some decorum. Yet you have this upstart leader of 30 thousand or so embarrassing our highest office and taking great delight in it.

it wasn't indeed very diplomatic of the Luxembourgeois PM but TBH, Bojo attracts protesters wherever he goes and has been misrepresenting the progress on brexit negotiation for some time.
there may be more in this visit that has not been disclosed, or may be the hulk's stomach did not agree with some roasted snails in garlic butter served at lunch so he needed to be somewhere else.

Reactions: flecc and Fingers

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Gentlemen, this smacks of "the rape of the lock" (apologies to all who didnt do english lit). Or the lady doth protest too much. I think we can all now see, quite clearly, in the blaze of boris's shamelessness and stupidity, how much brexit was propelled by blind self interest and lies. In due course (once a few more chickens have come to roost) I'm sure panorama will make documentaries in which leave voters plead for forgiveness en masse.

Reactions: flecc and Wicky

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

There is a problem with us small European countries, we no longer know our place. We joined an organisation which allows us to speak,without being told by our betters when to speak,and we have this concept called democracy and free speech. Now the Luxembourg PM does not dictate how the press corps behave.. remember these people knew BJ as a colleague ,valued or otherwise.. perhaps that tells you something.
In the case of the Irish visit, what discourteous behaviour did our Leo engage in with his less than smartly dressed guest, other than display a better understanding of classical Greek mythology? Whatever else our Leo is no daw,as we say, . You don't get to do Medicine in TCD ,without top A levels or a full 580 out of 600 LC points. Being the class eejit, does not count.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Who cares? really.lets be quite honest it really doesn't matter, they had their chance at an opinion and look at the mess it has made.
Remember the leavers are in charge, not the remainers, time for them to show what they can do, after all, they know and employ dirty tricks that aren't even in the book.
Sorry but Boris is a disgrace and a villain, they are treating him with contempt, which is fully deserved.
He threatened to do the dirty on them and made us all look fools for having such an idiot as our front man.
Hells teeth he even treats parliament with contempt!
What an insult to send a man like that to represent us and after Farage too in the Eu Parliament.
They must regard us as bonkers.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Because its impossible for you to recall something I didnt say. You, ve made it up. Please find the post "you remember". You cant because it does not, and never has, existed.
This is where we differ, I do not make things up, I can be wrong of course but unlike you I don't alter other people's posts as you did.

And when you analyse the issue, what got you so worked up about it? guilty conscience perhaps that your reason for voting (remember I just posted a posting where you lied and said you hadn't voted?) was perhaps for selfish motives?

What irony that you come on with faux outrage after being proved a liar yourself!

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
There is a problem with us small European countries, we no longer know our place. We joined an organisation which allows us to speak,without being told by our betters when to speak,and we have this concept called democracy and free speech. Now the Luxembourg PM does not dictate how the press corps behave.. remember these people knew BJ as a colleague ,valued or otherwise.. perhaps that tells you something.
In the case of the Irish visit, what discourteous behaviour did our Leo engage in with his less than smartly dressed guest, other than display a better understanding of classical Greek mythology? Whatever else our Leo is no daw,as we say, . You don't get to do Medicine in TCD ,without top A levels or a full 580 out of 600 LC points. Being the class eejit, does not count.

I remember democracy.

You are lucky to still have that.

We envy you.

Reactions: wheeler

Advertisers