Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Our pussycat rarely uses her litter tray - thankfully. She is pretty good at going out even in the rain and cold weather. Comes back quickjly, but that's OK.
Do the neighbours appreciate the honour of having their garden done without charge?

• :D
Reactions: oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We do love evocative and romantic place names in Yorkshire! :cool:
We try too. At the end of my estate road we emerge onto Featherbed Lane, and not far away is North Pole Lane. Long ago I checked to see if Zlatan was in, but he wasn't.

Another road is named Saltbox Hill. Yes you guessed, the hill is steep and it has a council saltbox. Some councils have no imagination.

The adjoining estate has all its roads named after birds, some wildly inappropriate since they'd never be seen in Surrey or London outside of the zoo. Their developers have been sensitive though, there's no Bluetit Way.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Here's an image for Woosh

Panic buying Pandemic style on a Big Bear
Cat litter is almost as rare as toilet rolls in Hull, but my friend Keith who lives in a village called Preston said he knew where he could get some (and toilet rolls and frozen meals too) so we arranged to meet at the rather quaintly named village in between.
I was expecting a small bag but he is nothing if not ambitious and arrived on his bike with what was pretty damn near a lifetime supply strapped to the back.
So with full panniers and Santa's sack roped to the carrier I came back along the old disused railway line.
The bike handled surprisingly well, and I can definitely conform the 25 kilo rating stamped on the carrier as being modest.
On a historical note: the Viet Cong would have giver their eye teeth for an Ebike like this during the drubbing session they handed the Americans. :cool:

And I manged to combine shopping and exercise on a single outing
(the exercise being lifting that sack around!)

View attachment 34468
I'm surprised no one noticed and commented on the red tape, it's there to protect the paintwork as I have difficulty "Getting my leg over" :cool:

A man's still a man for 'A that!

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
We do love evocative and romantic place names in Yorkshire!
When we lived in Co Durham I remember a bus timetable Twizzel -> Lands End -> No Place. 3 busses a day, but only 1 returning.

(Can't find Lands End on the map, but appears the bus is every 1/2 hour now in both directions.)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
When we lived in Co Durham I remember a bus timetable Twizzel -> Lands End -> No Place. 3 busses a day, but only 1 returning.

(Can't find Lands End on the map, but appears the bus is every 1/2 hour now in both directions.)
Probably the most unfortunate name is in Northumberland
Shilbottle
There are half a dozen junction to it on the A1 and for generations a battle between the highway authorities and the local lads who almost invariably amend the first "l" into a "t"
Regular users of the A1 take great delight in watching for the latest developments as they pass both North and South

Last edited:

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Here's an image for Woosh

Panic buying Pandemic style on a Big Bear
Cat litter is almost as rare as toilet rolls in Hull, but my friend Keith who lives in a village called Preston said he knew where he could get some (and toilet rolls and frozen meals too) so we arranged to meet at the rather quaintly named village in between.
I was expecting a small bag but he is nothing if not ambitious and arrived on his bike with what was pretty damn near a lifetime supply strapped to the back.
So with full panniers and Santa's sack roped to the carrier I came back along the old disused railway line.
The bike handled surprisingly well, and I can definitely conform the 25 kilo rating stamped on the carrier as being modest.
On a historical note: the Viet Cong would have giver their eye teeth for an Ebike like this during the drubbing session they handed the Americans. :cool:

And I manged to combine shopping and exercise on a single outing
(the exercise being lifting that sack around!)

View attachment 34468
Thanks goodness it isn't a Swine Flu pandemic - Trump would have nuked the place.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
My voice in the wilderness as usual"

oldgroaner@oldgroaner

·
3s
In the best interests of the nation we should call for the government to announce that party politics are suspended and all elected MP's are to be part of a coalition government so that the majority of the nation is represented not just a faction

Fat chance of course

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: oyster and Woosh

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Funny how they now tell us:

Matt Hancock: 3.5m coronavirus test kits are on the way to the NHS

But they are still not telling us whether that is over the next week - or ten years.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Probably the most unfortunate name is in Northumberland
Shilbottle
There are half a dozen junction to it on the A1 and for generations a battle between the highway authorities and the local lads who almost invariably amend the first "l" into a "t"
Regular users of the A1 take great delight in watching for the latest developments as they pass both North and South
Show me the way to Llanidloes

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
In the Guardian
'Confused, dangerous, flippant': rest of world pans PM's handling of coronavirus

We need a vaccine to get rid of the Dangerous Boris contagion
Now the Mail are publishing articles saying up to 50% of the country have already had Coronavirus and that Herd Immunity may already be present! Funny that the number of cases is still increasing, and that countries who are testing people properly don’t think so. Someone must be getting twitchy about the cost.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Now the Mail are publishing articles saying up to 50% of the country have already had Coronavirus and that Herd Immunity may already be present! Funny that the number of cases are still increasing, and that countries who are testing people properly don’t think so. Someone must be getting twitchy about the cost.
Unfortunately this is what you get with Fascist regime publications
The Big lie, as Trump would say "Told Bigly"

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Show me the way to Llanidloes
View attachment 34470
Sustrans 4 yesterday late morning on our socially distanced exercise walk. Beautiful day, flowers really starting to bloom (celandines by the million, wild garlic just about to get there, last of the snowdrops). I think we saw two other people but easy to keep our distances. Babbling brook, well, babbling. More butterflies than we have seen for a long time - anywhere.

Funnily enough, it is exactly the same distance to Hwlffordd as Haverfordwest. :)

Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Advertisers