Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
People do things that make no sense to me:

Explosion at Dutch COVID-19 test centre appears intentional, police say
By Reuters Staff
3 Min Read

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Dutch police on Wednesday said a coronavirus testing centre north of Amsterdam appeared to have been intentionally targeted after an explosion went off at the facility before it opened.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-netherlands-blast/explosion-at-dutch-covid-19-test-centre-appears-intentional-police-say-idUSKCN2AV0O4
Things are very strange in Europe. We are still in a mess but think we are more settled than France /Spain. Had one mate who has just sold up (Moraira). House valued 5 years ago circa £700k...sold for £250k. Bought a big van, drove home. Got back 2 days ago. Says its utter fiasco down there. Got a fine walking on beach but folk partying in town.??

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I keep telling you, faced with the same miserable line up that we had at the last election and knowing what I know now, I’d still vote Tory 20X over. I’m quite content about that.
That's what I don't get about JA and OG. Label folk tory fan boys for voting for, was it May at time, but there really wasn't an alternative. I agree, was a good job it was neither May or Corbyn at helm during this lot. Can you imagine Corbyn? He, d still be deciding about lockdown for last March.
And, we, d be last in queu for vaccines in EU with their efforts and view of us. We, d be behind France, down at the bottom.
Its exactly same now from OG. Criticises roll out but fails to see any negatives of his regime. Somebody explained figures to him other day... Its propoganda and made up when it doesn't suit.
He uses figure of 95% after 2 doses, which is fine.. But if you use 60 or 75 for single.. Its made up. Made up exactly like his 95 but he forgets that.
Its a complete waste of time. Susan tied him in knots tho. Had him saying 2 weeks was 2 months then he admitted he might be wrong? Like when can you be right when you mix 2 weeks up with 2 months. Only OG. It's funny. Love it. Barmy old sod.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
not accidentally but logically.
I believe in political cycles. Starmer is the right choice for Labour.
I don't agree, but not because I think you are wrong on detail.

As I've posted before, the success of the SNP in Scotland was almost entirely at Labour's expense, changing the arithmetic so fundamentally that Labour will find it near to impossible to make up the deficit of seats in the Commons from the more Conservative south.

The Tories will undoubtedly lose half of the seats they gained in the traditionally Labour north last time since they were in reality votes for Boris's Brexit Tory image rather than for Cameron's remainer Tories. But that will still leave them well ahead of Labour without all their former Scottish seats.

I don't think things will be seen to be bad enough for the Tories by the next election for them to lose, but by the following one it's certainly likely they'll lose power when the true state of the country is more obvious.

Reactions: oldgroaner

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
As I've posted before, the success of the SNP in Scotland was almost entirely at Labour's expense, changing the arithmetic so fundamentally that Labour will find it near to impossible to make up the deficit of seats in the Commons from the more Conservative south.
the practical solution is a coalition of national leading parties: SNP + Labour.
I can't see anyone would complain that they are under-represented.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So you wanted Jo Swinson in no 10? Of course not. Now that would have been brilliant during pandemic.
Choice was Tories or Corbyn. Swinson was a wasted vote, a cop out, so that at a later date you couldn't be labelled a Tory fan boy or a Marxist. You stood on the sidelines. As a kid we called it a coat holder. Somebody who watched on whilst you got battered. Somebody who refuses to back either camp because they are frightened of both but call it expediency.
And then criticises both. Sounds just like you OG.
How do you do it? I actually voted Labour.
And said I had on here as the other choice would be a disaster, and I was right!

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Things are very strange in Europe. We are still in a mess but think we are more settled than France /Spain. Had one mate who has just sold up (Moraira). House valued 5 years ago circa £700k...sold for £250. Bought a big van, drove home. Got back 2 days ago. Says its utter fiasco down there. Got a fine walking on beach but folk partying in town.??
My friend has just completed his house sale in France and will be back in the U.K. soon. He bought for €300,000 six years ago and has sold it to a French couple for €350,000. He will benefit from the swing in exchange rates between when he bought and sold too.

He’s in his 70s and still hasn’t been given a vaccination date. There’s a lot of anger in France about the way the country has handled Coronavirus and their sluggish vaccination programme is compounding the anger. The hostility towards him as a Brit has increased in recent months, particularly from the government departments and services he has to deal with.

Living in France has taught him that as a nation, they are a pig ignorant bunch of backstabbing bastards. He can’t wait to get back here, he’s bought a lovely place near Ludlow to move into. France is only good for driving through en-route to somewhere else.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
How do you do it? I actually voted Labour.
And said I had on here as the other choice would be a disaster, and I was right!
But that statement comes from a man who argues for 10 million people to be left completely exposed to serious illness from coronavirus. Do you have any idea how little regard I have for your opinions on these matters?

I still love you though.

Reactions: Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That's what I don't get about JA and OG. Label folk tory fan boys for voting for, was it May at time, but there really wasn't an alternative. I agree, was a good job it was neither May or Corbyn at helm during this lot. Can you imagine Corbyn? He, d still be deciding about lockdown for last March.
And, we, d be last in queu for vaccines in EU with their efforts and view of us. We, d be behind France, down at the bottom.
Its exactly same now from OG. Criticises roll out but fails to see any negatives of his regime. Somebody explained figures to him other day... Its propoganda and made up when it doesn't suit.
He uses figure of 95% after 2 doses, which is fine.. But if you use 60 or 75 for single.. Its made up. Made up exactly like his 95 but he forgets that.
Its a complete waste of time. Susan tied him in knots tho. Had him saying 2 weeks was 2 months then he admitted he might be wrong? Like when can you be right when you mix 2 weeks up with 2 months. Only OG. It's funny. Love it. Barmy old sod.
Just a moment I posted 2 weeks once in mistake when I meant to post two months, and Susan did not tie me in knots.
Now then would like the official NHS opinion how effective the Vaccines are?
Here for your benefit, and also that of the other crew member of the pantomime horse

Guidance for people identified now as at high risk
Even if they have had both vaccination doses, they should continue to follow these shielding measures as we continue to assess the impact of the vaccination among all groups.

Come on you clever Tory Fan boys, tell me why the NHS is taking this precautionary attitude?
I'll answer for you
They know there is an element of doubt.
They aren't as gullible as you, mind you that is very faint praise.
And a final thought what's this about Ireland having fully vaccinated a bigger proportion of the population than we have?
How can that be? they are members of the EU :D

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
the practical solution is a coalition of national leading parties: SNP + Labour.
I can't see anyone would complain that they are under-represented.
It's temporary one off solution, but won't bring the permanent solution of proportional representation any closer.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
My friend has just completed his house sale in France and will be back in the U.K. soon. He bought for €300,000 six years ago and has sold it to a French couple for €350,000. He will benefit from the swing in exchange rates between when he bought and sold too.

He’s in his 70s and still hasn’t been given a vaccination date. There’s a lot of anger in France about the way the country has handled Coronavirus and their sluggish vaccination programme is compounding the anger. The hostility towards him as a Brit has increased in recent months, particularly from the government departments and services he has to deal with.

Living in France has taught him that as a nation, they are a pig ignorant bunch of backstabbing bastards. He can’t wait to get back here, he’s bought a lovely place near Ludlow to move into. France is only good for driving through en-route to somewhere else.
Congratulations you get the racist post of the day award
with that quotable quote
" as a nation, they are a pig ignorant bunch of backstabbing bastards."

I have a great use for that if I may..to describe the Leave mob running the country:D

• :D
Reactions: Jesus H Christ

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The hostility towards him as a Brit has increased in recent months, particularly from the government departments and services he has to deal with.
that is to be expected after leaving the club.
We do same here, don't we? French students are expected to pay full tuition fees for example.
My daughter's long term boyfriend has to apply for a second job in Paris just to get round the 90 day stay out of 180 days so that they can stay together in Paris.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
that is to be expected after leaving the club.
We do same here, don't we? French students are expected to pay full tuition fees for example.
My daughter's long term boyfriend has to apply for a second job in Paris just to get round the 90 day stay out of 180 days so that they can stay together in Paris.
You are correct, it is to be expected from a bunch of backstabbing bastards. They’ve always been like it, it’s in their DNA, so no surprises at all.

• Dislike
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Just a moment I posted 2 weeks once in mistake when I meant to post two months, and Susan did not tie me in knots.
Now then would like the official NHS opinion how effective the Vaccines are?
Here for your benefit, and also that of the other crew member of the pantomime horse

Guidance for people identified now as at high risk
Even if they have had both vaccination doses, they should continue to follow these shielding measures as we continue to assess the impact of the vaccination among all groups.

Come on you clever Tory Fan boys, tell me why the NHS is taking this precautionary attitude?
I'll answer for you
They know there is an element of doubt.
They aren't as gullible as you, mind you that is very faint praise.
And a final thought what's this about Ireland having fully vaccinated a bigger proportion of the population than we have?
How can that be? they are members of the EU :D
Because as we keep saying the vaccine does not prevent infection(or assumed not to) and even after 2 doses if you have Co morbidity you still could die. No vaccine is perfect.
When it says 95% effective against hospitalisation it also means 5% ineffective. Those 5% are likely to be in high comobidity groups and hence could still expire.
Its same with figures from Scotland. The 80 plus year olds appear to have better response (80% fewer hospitalisation after single dose) than 65 Yr olds. (65%) But the 80 Yr olds were all vaccinated. They had only reached vulnerable groups in younger. Its exactly why they are optimistic about figures. Just stop and think OG.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Living in France has taught him that as a nation, they are a pig ignorant bunch of backstabbing bastards. France is only good for driving through en-route to somewhere else.
That's the view of a foreigner to them. The reality is:

The French love their country and call it La Belle France. We Brits also love it, so much that we commonly both live there and holiday there.

The French are so proud of their country that they famously buy French much of the time. It's why they now have seven wholly French owned mass production car brands against our none. We Brits long ago deserted our all-British car industry but do frequently buy the French brands.

I could bore you by listing all the other French successes, but I know that would be a waste of time so I won't.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Advertisers