Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Poor Johnson:
Boris Johnson to lay out UK winter coronavirus plans on Tuesday, confirms work and pensions secretary

Half the world seems more likely to watch the Apple iPhone and Apple Watch event.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Well flecc, we in Ireland are very well used to British appropriation of our competent Singers, Sportspersons and even TV Personalities. ..all we do is smile knowingly!
Are you referring to Daniel O’Donnell by any chance? Please have him back. And all the Val Doonican records too:D:D:D:D:D

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
What wonderful news.(I never knew it had disappeared. I haven’t picked up a pint for at least 15 years). I suppose some will be happy, as instructed by the Express.
A pint being defined as:
568.26125​
millilitres

Whatever happened to mandatory over-sized pint glasses?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Are you referring to Daniel O’Donnell by any chance? Please have him back. And all the Val Doonican records too:D:D:D:D:D
Thems fighting wurds !!. Add in Graham Norton, Terry Wogan, Eamonn Andrews, Bono and U2 , Mrs Browns Boys ,Bob Geldoff, and we might have a deal.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
A tangent, and I genuinely dont mean to offend any forumites who may live on one, but I often wonder what makes narrowboats so expensive (circa 80k buys an awful lot of used sailboat, even if it doesnt come with a 7 foot beam)?
No offence at all. I totally agree. Its exactly why I started fitting them out. Did half a dozen but stopped now. Enjoyed it but hard work.. Did a couple from bare hull...learnt a lot. Great experience. You have to be able to turn your hand to all types of things.. Plasma cutting, bouyancy calcs, woodwork, plumbing, welding... Spray foaming... Painting...Electrics, 12v and 240,inverters,pumps etc etc. Proper Jack of all trades master of none.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Thems fighting wurds !!. Add in Graham Norton, Terry Wogan, Eamonn Andrews, Bono and U2 , Mrs Browns Boys ,Bob Geldoff, and we might have a deal.
And jimmy carr, believe it not, who's parents were irish. England remind me of a place in africa I worked (gauteng) that only exist because of immigration (to be fair - unlike england - gauteng has gold as well)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
A tangent, and I genuinely dont mean to offend any forumites who may live on one, but I often wonder what makes narrowboats so expensive (circa 80k buys an awful lot of used sailboat, even if it doesnt come with a 7 foot beam)?
I wonder how long before the government realises narrow boats were made for carrying goods and issues HGV driving licences to the owners?

• :D
Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No offence at all. I totally agree. Its exactly why I started fitting them out. Did half a dozen but stopped now. Enjoyed it but hard work.. Did a couple from bare hull...learnt a lot. Great experience. You have to be able to turn your hand to all types of things.. Plasma cutting, bouyancy calcs, woodwork, plumbing, welding... Spray foaming... Painting...Electrics, 12v and 240,inverters,pumps etc etc. Proper Jack of all trades master of none.
And this was before he graduated to Submarines but he couldn't keep them down.
My kind of Engineer makes safe submarines :cool:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
All Government officials to issued with liveried jackets to explain their role in the Brexit Pantheon

• :D
Reactions: oyster

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
It could well become an annual jab like the 'flu one. In that case it could hopefully be combined as one jab, or if not, one in each arm at the same time.
Hmmm. I'd be worried about combining vaccinations. Your immune system gets compromised as it is with just one foreign thing at a time to contend with.
And as for separate arms - is that going to make a difference? They've shown now that while these mRNA chemicals were SUPPOSED to stay in the one place - they don't!

<How do people here feel if you need a booster shot every 6 months for the rest of your life?>

If it does become annual or biannual for the whole population, perhaps we'll need to consider it a step on the road to our eventual extinction.
Yea. How does the risk factor thing work with these multiple booster jabs? is it a case of each time you get a jab, you get the same chance of suffering from a nasty side effect, so if you keep on having to take them every few months, then won't everybody be getting nearer and nearer to a certainty of having a serious reaction??
Why aren't people talking about this ???

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
<How do people here feel if you need a booster shot every 6 months for the rest of your life?>
In circumstances like this we can only decide for ourselves. Since at 85 I don't have many six months left, a jab every six months wouldn't worry me.

It would be bit rough on a 12 year old who'd just had their first jab and looking forward to around 140 more. Hopefully we'll get a bit more clever with time and find another way of dealing with it.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I think I heard that 12-15 year olds will be offered vaccination. But only one injection.

Anyone aware of any evidence that a single dose of the existing two-dose options is viable and supported by the manufacturers?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I think I heard that 12-15 year olds will be offered vaccination. But only one injection.

Anyone aware of any evidence that a single dose of the existing two-dose options is viable and supported by the manufacturers?
Found that for you Oyster. Off NHS site for vaccinating under 18s.
Screenshot_20210914_091946.jpg
Or was it PDSA.. Suppose its same.

Advertisers