Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
What do you mean?
Ozone is a nasty poison. Even at the tiny levels produced by laser printers it can and does cause health effects. One of the reasons to be very sceptical of people who claim to offer ozone disinfection and similar. It can work but the safety aspects are important.

At high altitude, it protects us.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Ozone is a nasty poison. Even at the tiny levels produced by laser printers it can and does cause health effects. One of the reasons to be very sceptical of people who claim to offer ozone disinfection and similar. It can work but the safety aspects are important.

At high altitude, it protects us.
Ozone would be vacuumed as the supercapacitor e-aircraft slid over the hairy (vertical wires) charging pads, and shot into the upper atmosphere using giant railguns to evaporate, after being frozen solid, also powered by unlimited cheap energy from Modular Thorium To Fusion reactors.

The empty pig shaped cannisters would sprout wings, to gracefully glide down for reuse. Can I count on your vote? I do so wish to be foolishly voted in as "King Guerney I".

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What do you mean? I'd hate to rewrite that part of my manifesto.
It makes me sneeze, a hazard at the sea front in the 8 years I lived in Bournemouth.

When inhaled, ozone can damage the lungs. Relatively low amounts can cause chest pain, coughing, shortness of breath and throat irritation. Ozone may also worsen chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and compromise the ability of the body to fight respiratory infections.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
There's no reason why freight carrying air-breathing scramjet aircraft:

...can't perpetually fly around the globe, after initially reaching air-breathing speed using supercapacitors near the ground, along a series of hairy (vertical wires) charging pads. Then they could pick up cargo using airhooks - aerodynamics be damned, we'd have Modular Thorium To Fusion reactors. There's no probem humanity can't solve, if only we had unlimited cheap energy: We'd have unlimited manufacturing, to replace the oxygen that the air-breathing scramjets burned.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There's no reason why freight carrying air-breathing scramjet aircraft:

...can't perpetually fly around the globe, after initially reaching air-breathing speed using supercapacitors near the ground, along a series of hairy (vertical wires) charging pads. Then they could pick up cargo using airhooks - aerodynamics be damned, we'd have Modular Thorium To Fusion reactors. There's no probem humanity can't solve, if only we had unlimited cheap energy: We'd have unlimited manufacturing, to replace the oxygen that the air-breathing scramjets burned.
The future never happens.

That's because when anything at all happens, it's the present, not the future.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
My tweet today
Gerald Bell@GOldcodger
·Replying to
@AdamBienkov
The Conservative Mp's are just trying to set an example And indeed they have, but they needn't have bothered. It's jolly sporting of them to risk life and limb (and those of friends and family) to prove themselves unfit for office, whether that office be high, low or left luggage

• :D
Reactions: oyster and guerney

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Brian Cox said something similar on his film about time.

Reactions: flecc

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
My (Modular) Thorium To Fusion Party - of which I am presently King, will be fielding candidates in your area. All Pedelecers are automatically members, even the ones with wandering hands YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, on the understanding that you will be replaced the moment a female candidate becomes available, that my hands wish to wander over.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The future never happens.

Depends on closely you look - at a quantum level it's all probabilities.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Depends where you are, when you're in a singularity, time behaves differently.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Perhaps I should sue him, I've been saying that for years. On second thoughts his meaning in relation to space-time was probably different from mine.

My point is that the future always seems exciting so attractive to look forward to and thus gets promoted by many, not least the media

But of course by the time it arrives by gradual steps, it's old hat and can even be boring.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
So Covid:

Pembrokeshire residents urged to exercise caution as Covid-19 numbers rise

Pembrokeshire County Council is urging residents to take extra caution in the face of rising Covid-19 cases in the County.

The Council is emphasising that the pandemic has not gone away, as evidenced by local hospital admissions going up.

Earlier this week positive cases locally hit 778 cases per 100,000 – one of the highest rates in Wales, and the highest it has been in the County since the start of the pandemic.

Hospital admissions into Withybush Hospital have also significantly increased, with admissions mostly in those over 70 years old who have also been vaccinated.

This highlights that vaccination does not stop you getting Covid-19, although it has reduced the overall numbers of hospital admissions due to the virus.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How did Alec Baldwin shoot dead his Director of Cinematography and seriously injure the film’s Director with a “prop” gun? Surely the outcome makes it a gun? And this man referred to Donald Trump as a clown! :D

If this wasn’t so tragic, it would be funny.
Best guess is that it was a Magnum 46 and passed through them both!
My (Modular) Thorium To Fusion Party - of which I am presently King, will be fielding candidates in your area. All Pedelecers are automatically members, even the ones with wandering hands YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, on the understanding that you will be replaced the moment a female candidate becomes available, that my hands wish to wander over.
I think a touch of Borisism may be creeping in......

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So Covid:

Pembrokeshire residents urged to exercise caution as Covid-19 numbers rise

Pembrokeshire County Council is urging residents to take extra caution in the face of rising Covid-19 cases in the County.

The Council is emphasising that the pandemic has not gone away, as evidenced by local hospital admissions going up.

Earlier this week positive cases locally hit 778 cases per 100,000 – one of the highest rates in Wales, and the highest it has been in the County since the start of the pandemic.

Hospital admissions into Withybush Hospital have also significantly increased, with admissions mostly in those over 70 years old who have also been vaccinated.

This highlights that vaccination does not stop you getting Covid-19, although it has reduced the overall numbers of hospital admissions due to the virus.
Seems we still have Covid well beaten in London and particularly in my borough, our long term success as of today continuing:

Infection rates
Your Pembrokeshire report: 778 cases per 100,000
England national rate: 465 cases per 100,000
My Croydon London Borough: 236 cases per 100,000

Death rate nationally: 1.3 per 100,000
Death rate my Borough: 0.5 per 100,000

We certainly seem to be getting something very consistently right all this year, remarkable for such a high population density.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Depends on closely you look - at a quantum level it's all probabilities.
It could explain what effects we are experiencing under this present Government
"At the quantum level of reality there is a radical discontinuity of causality.

By Jove! I think I've got it!

• :D
Reactions: guerney

Advertisers