Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Is there any reason for this disclosure or are you telling us what you thought you were doing last night.
It's not too clear. A dream perhaps??
Well, I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships flying​
In the yellow haze of the sun​
There were children crying and colors flying​
All around the chosen ones​
All in a dream, all in a dream​
The loading had begun​
Flyin' mother nature's silver seed​
To a new home in the sun​
Flyin' mother nature's silver seed​
To a new home​

At least that sounds nice when sung.

Reactions: Zlatan

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

variant UNICRON mortality rate 100% :p

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
So pleased that Priti Patel has her brief so under control that she can divert her attention even to minor issues.

Pubs, clubs and bars could be allowed to stay open for an extra two hours over next year's bank holiday weekend marking the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
Home Secretary Priti Patel is seeking to extend licensing hours in England and Wales from the usual 11pm to 1am on Thursday 2 June to Saturday 4 June.

(Anyone care to point out that making it so, then having to cancel it due to an unexpectedly awful state of Covid, would be far worse than deferring the decision until things are clearer? Just what we need is to consume more alcohol packed into pubs.)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
No, it's good that Soundwave is here with us.

If he wasn't the next one in line would be picked on.

It's the nature of society that there always has to be a villain.

Reactions: GLJoe and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
In that slice of imagined drama, there's a lot of rage. Can relate, but not sure this thread will resonate with or help (their more into sublimation, being nice, about theirs)
no it is logic as if he was fed to the lions how would he come back from a pile of $**** not even a god could pull that one off. ;)

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Far from being just an Android app:

View attachment 45123

Regularly £27.49/month

(Possibly their IOS version will run on MacOS on M1 computers?)

I am NOT a subscriber to it. I did decide to pay for The Guardian for many reasons, including their crosswords! Also, because I'd rather see people having access despite not paying (that is, I am subsidising their use), than see paywalls and other blocks everywhere.
Neither am I a subscriber, the library has the subscription, so it is free to me. I have had a paid subscription for the Irish Times ...which is also available free on this pressreader and I have Readly 10£ a month , which gives a wide selection of the popular magazines, and a limited selection of newspapers.. Readly covers my monthly Computer and Audio magazine fix, and my wifes Woman and Home and Wellness addictions.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
What a ridiculous approach - just got this SMS:
GET BOOSTED NOW​
Every adult over 18 needs a COVID-19 booster vaccine to protect against Omicron.​
Get your COVID-19 vaccine or booster. See NHS website for details​

NHS website would tell me it doesn't cover Wales.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
A selection of anti vaxx comments courtesy of DM readers..
View attachment 45120
View attachment 45121
View attachment 45122

Honestly, I didn't have to trawl much to find these, all on same thread, and look at votes of support they get.
It's mass insanity..
What is going on???
This is the danger of giving British people freedom to make their own choices. They put fireworks up their arse-holes, $hit in burger boxes on public beaches and produce dissertations similar to the ones you quote above. It’s unique to these islands.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
anyone get post today ? as got a royal mail tracked 24 covid test in my box that no one asked for, must be getting desperate lol.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
This is the danger of giving British people freedom to make their own choices. They put fireworks up their arse-holes, $hit in burger boxes on public beaches and produce dissertations similar to the ones you quote above. It’s unique to these islands.
Strange thing is they seem against nano bots and being monitored... Seems quite a sensible move... Might keep them away from cliffs and out of arms way..
You forgot the one where they put dog sh! T in plastic bags and festoon trees with them...is that the height of sheer stupidity? It can't be far off.

Reactions: Jesus H Christ

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I, ve just had a txt message saying get boosted... I did 6 weeks ago???
It seems to be just random now telling everyone regardless. Lots of the TV channels have been interrupted with the Booster message.

Incidentally I've been following the Fifth Gear motoring program for several weeks. It's now called Fifth Gear Recharged and is solely on fully electric cars. Some of the earlier Top Gear favourites in it, like racing driver Vicki Butler-Henderson

It's on Quest, freeview channel 12, 9pm every Thursday evening, next program 30th.

LINK

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It seems to be just random now telling everyone regardless. Lots of the TV channels have been interrupted with the Booster message.

Incidentally I've been following the Fifth Gear motoring program for several weeks. It's now called Fifth Gear Recharged and is solely on fully electric cars. Some of the earlier Top Gear favourites in it, like racing driver Vicki Butler-Henderson

It's on Quest, freeview channel 12, 9pm every Thursday evening, next program 30th.

LINK
5th Gear seems to assemble knowledgeable presenters most of whom individually know more than entire Top Gear team... Tiff Needel, Vicki Butler Henderson, Quentin Wilson, Jason Plato, Karun Chandok are either top drivers or best informed in country. Clarkson is a talented writer and entertainer but I, m afraid his car knowledge has always been, at best, suspect. Chris Harris is a damned good driver tho. I don't think Top Gear has ever been a car show, especially so in its latest guise. More a show with cars in it. I enjoy Clarkson's books and irreverence .. But he can be a pain in the proverbial. Vaguely knew him when he worked on Rotherham Advertiser. My neighbour at Filey gave him his first job.
I also suspect Clarkson knew exactly what he was doing with the Argentinian fiasco.. (A Porsche 928 with an accidently offensive number plate, yes of course Jeremy.)

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
5th Gear seems to assemble knowledgeable presenters most of whom individually know more than entire Top Gear team... Tiff Needel, Vicki Butler Henderson, Quentin Wilson, Jason Plato, Karun Chandok are either top drivers or best informed in country. Clarkson is a talented writer and entertainer but I, m afraid his car knowledge has always been, at best, suspect. Chris Harris is a damned good driver tho. I don't think Top Gear has ever been a car show, especially so in its latest guise. More a show with cars in it. I enjoy Clarkson's books and irreverence .. But he can be a pain in the proverbial. Vaguely knew him when he worked on Rotherham Advertiser. My neighbour at Filey gave him his first job.
I also suspect Clarkson knew exactly what he was doing with the Argentinian fiasco.. (A Porsche 928 with an accidently offensive number plate, yes of course Jeremy.)
Yes, I never liked the Top Gear programs, especially the ones with the moronic elements, behaving like out of control children.

Fifth Gear Recharged has been like a breath of fresh air in comparison. Also good to see that they got away from the very all white world that motoring programs have occupied for so long, having Rory Reid and Karun Chandhok as lead presenters. More like the world I live in.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I agree, but don't like Clarkson. Someone like Peter Cook satirized boors by pretending to be one, Clarkson lack the intelligence (all that seem to lurk behind his irreverence is unprocessed unenlightened angst which is unenlightening). I find it bloody hard to find independent critical reviews of evs (what car best so far). If ones to buy one there's many inexpensive sweet spots in the market (used i3, ioniq) that go unrecognised

Advertisers