Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
They're included. Add the evidence I posted to that Zlatan has just posted and it's clear that all the claims that the unvaccinated are causing the problems are untrue. Currently over half the occupancy of ICUs and other treatments are of the vaccinated.
there is always an excuse, the rate of ICU occupancy per 100,000 for the unvaccinated is greater compared to the rest.
Still, there is still the possibility that Omicron mutates to a more sinister version in January.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
If that is intended to imply that my figure of 92% is inaccurate, Please recheck . The fraction of the population below the currently vaccinatable threshold which was 12years and the time after the second dose after they are considered vaccinated makes up the difference . Those tables you present ignore demographic profiles and merely use jabs divided by population.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Still, there is still the possibility that Omicron mutates to a more sinister version in January.
But equally the possibility that it doesn't. Since we can't do anything to prepare for hypotheticals, I prefer optimism.

Reactions: Nev

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If that is intended to imply that my figure of 92% is inaccurate, Please recheck . The fraction of the population below the currently vaccinatable threshold which was 12years and the time after the second dose after they are considered vaccinated makes up the difference . Those tables you present ignore demographic profiles and merely use jabs divided by population.
It wasn't - I wouldn't presume to know what is happening in Ireland or what you meant by your 92% figure. Thank you for your clarifications.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Indeed, the same as the problem I commented on when the Guardian similarly distorted the UK figures.

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Indeed, the same as the problem I commented on when the Guardian similarly distorted the UK figures.
The Guardian... Bastion of Social reform? Promoting exactly what we, ve been saying for weeks. Why hasn't Starmer and Labour questioned any of this. They have since Omicron emergence played into Tory hands.
And other issue, when this wave does subside and people have died Boris will, perhaps not directly, tell entire country
"they should have had booster *
And Starmer will agree with him.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
They have since Omicron emergence played into Tory hands.
Starmer plays the long game. By asking the government to curb infections, the tory 'Covid Research Group' will be emboldened to remove BJ, thus splitting the conservative votes.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and oyster

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Tories being split asunder into two distinct political entities is too much to hope for, but nonetheless must be achieved using any and all Machiavellian machinations - I suspect grammar nazi Herr Starmer has merely been busy poring over legislative small print, looking for typos.

• :D
Reactions: Zlatan and Woosh

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Nightingale hospitals are back. 8 x 1000 bed units!

Just one question. I thought the issue was staff, not physical bed space? The only explanation I can think of is that this project will create 8 x nice little earner contracts for chums and make a handy Covid blindfold. Don’t want the plebs looking at the economy, the energy crisis, dodgy payments, second jobs and parties.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Starmer plays the long game. By asking the government to curb infections, the tory 'Covid Research Group' will be emboldened to remove BJ, thus splitting the conservative votes.
Now where have we heard that before...
Playing long game is nothing to do with not realising what's happening. Starmer has actually facilitated Boris' behaviour by playing along with Omicron severity. He's supported the government, not opposed it.
That's not playing long game at all..
The point you raised is correct but disrelated to aspect I mentioned. ie) Boris getting political mileage out of Omicron and his attempts at dealing with it. The media, Labour, Starmer and much of public have been manipulated. We, ve known for weeks about Omicron's reduced likelyhood to kill and hospitalise. That fact is absolutely nothing to do with Boosters.
Booster distribution in SA is negligible, yet their hospitalisation/ICU occupation has been way lower than Delta.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Nightingale hospitals are back. 8 x 1000 bed units!

Just one question. I thought the issue was staff, not physical bed space? The only explanation I can think of is that this project will create 8 x nice little earner contracts for chums and make a handy Covid blindfold. Don’t want the plebs looking at the economy, the energy crisis, dodgy payments, second jobs and parties.
Their thinking is those Nightingale beds are for convalescents.
Instead of being released to go home, they can thus be looked after and fed by ordinary G4S/Serco staff without much medical training.

• Informative
Reactions: Zlatan

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
G4S & Serco. Two marvellous institutions we should all be proud of. It’s definitely going to be a massive success
Aye. This is the age of global Britain and Build Back Better.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Last few days must be around a dozen people either myself or my wife knows that have come down with Covid, all had received the booster jab. None have anything worse than cold symptoms so although the booster doesn't seem very effective at stopping people catching the virus it seems to be doing a good job of preventing people getting seriously ill.

Having said this its certainly possible they may have been fine without having the booster there are so many stats being thrown around just now its difficult to know how much difference the booster actually makes. Evidence from SA seems to show that prior infection gives very good protection from going to hospital too.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: oyster and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Evidence from SA seems to show that prior infection gives very good protection from going to hospital too.
That's long been London's evidence too, for all forms of Covid.

With 36% not having both vaccine jabs and some boroughs close to 50% without, we aren't suffering any extra deaths and ICU's haven't been troubled since January.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

Advertisers