Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Thank you, that lovely painting is very relaxing to view. Did you start with the background, then the top and work your way down, like Bob Ross? I do wish I could paint - I've got a couple of blank canvass frames, their fate may be grisly...

While looking for a signature, I couldn't help noticing the blue work to the right - is that a collage?
The Blue item on the right of the painting on my easel is in fact a bag of felix cat treats on my desk!
My usual method of work when working from home is select one of my many thousands of photos to use as a subject, here is the one used as a source for the painting
I superimpose a grid over it and draw one in pencil on the canvas scaled to fit then draw the image lightly in pencil, giving good positional control.
Usual I work from the sky down for a very simple reason, you get less paint on you that way!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Blue item on the right of the painting on my easel is in fact a bag of felix cat treats on my desk!
My usual method of work when working from home is select one of my many thousands of photos to use as a subject, here is the one used as a source for the painting
I superimpose a grid over it and draw one in pencil on the canvas scaled to fit then draw the image lightly in pencil, giving good positional control.
Usual I work from the sky down for a very simple reason, you get less paint on you that way!
View attachment 45540
Obviously with such a simple subject this approach is over the top, but here's a shot of my desk with all but the framed print (given by my MD) paintings completed in the last two months, no expense spared each one held up by TWO drawing pins

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
View attachment 45540
I might try that! But I'm sure that without rather a lot of practice, no painting of mine will look recognisably similar to any photo. I saw a wall being painted using an inkjet head mounted on a small wall hugging RC buggy, seemed far easier than attempting to replicate or represent an impression of a photo myself, or an anamorphic, which only looks right when viewed from a certain angle - paint over a projected image:

• Informative

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Omicron neutralising antibodies after third COVID-19 vaccine dose in patients with cancer

• Informative

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Omicron neutralising antibodies after third COVID-19 vaccine dose in patients with cancer
you should perhaps change your post to 'Omicron neutralising antibodies nearly undetectable after third COVID-19 vaccine dose in patients with blood cancer'. People expect some nAbT after 3 doses, those with blood cancer are particularly at risk because their level of nAbT is very low. This is predictable.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Across the media:

The Met Police has asked an internal inquiry into alleged lockdown parties at No 10 to make "minimal reference" to any events it is investigating.
The force launched its own investigation after it was passed information by a Cabinet Office inquiry led by senior civil servant Sue Gray.
The Met said it had been in contact with Sue Gray's team to "avoid any prejudice to our investigation".
But the force said it has not asked for publication to be delayed.
In a statement on Friday, it added it had not asked for "any limitations" on what Ms Gray says about gatherings that are not being investigated by its officers.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Across the media:

The Met Police has asked an internal inquiry into alleged lockdown parties at No 10 to make "minimal reference" to any events it is investigating.
The force launched its own investigation after it was passed information by a Cabinet Office inquiry led by senior civil servant Sue Gray.
The Met said it had been in contact with Sue Gray's team to "avoid any prejudice to our investigation".
In a statement on Friday, it added it had not asked for "any limitations" on what Ms Gray says about gatherings that are not being investigated by its officers.
Mayor BJ knows where some of the MET's bodies are buried...

• :D
Reactions: oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Across the media:

it looks like an attempt to delay and whitewash the Sue Gray's report.
his last weapon is to postpone national insurance rise until next year to stay in the job.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

Advertisers