Brexit, for once some facts.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I suspect Putin will maintain his military bluff over Ukraine, until such time he has enough hypersonic missiles (or railguns) to disable most enemy intercontinental ballistic nuclear missiles in flight. High UK gas prices for ever, hooray.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I suspect Putin will maintain his military bluff over Ukraine, until such time he has enough hypersonic missiles (or railguns) to disable most enemy intercontinental ballistic nuclear missiles in flight. High UK gas prices for ever, hooray.
But guaranteed low prices for Germany.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
But guaranteed low prices for Germany.
Not if 99 red balloons cause some sort of system error at a time of greatly heightened tension, and this happens:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
£500,000 to get a single person to Australia is utterly ridiculous by any standards.
it's an RAF plane and she wasn't travelling alone.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Ofcourse not.. She didn't even serve her own drinks let alone fly it.
According to Times plane was leased. And Minister for Defence (Ben Wasteofmoney) accompanied her to serve birthday cake.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Don't talk rubbish Danidl. It's not your style.
£500,000 to get a single person to Australia is utterly ridiculous by any standards. Throw in the fact journey probably wasn't necessary anyhow and then take into account both the journey's pollution cost and probably as importantly the message it sends it becomes even more stupid. She would have been perfectly safe on commercial flights and would have arrived 30 minutes earlier.
One rule for Government... Another for us..
It would have sent out an important message. We all need to exercise restraint. This journey and Bezos/Weirdy beard rich boy branson's playing spacemen just tells whole world rules don't apply if you are super rich or work for Government. It's exactly same as Johnson celebrating during lockdown but actually far worse.
I doubt you and I produce 500 tonnes of Co2 in our entire lives. Truss has just done so on a jaunt to Australia. If there were no alternative, I, d agree. But there were alternatives, in fact flights she could have taken were running under 50% occupancy at time.
Half a million pounds and and God knows how much fuel just up in smoke.. Well we know actually. Enough fuel to produce 500 tonnes of Co2. She could have overflown ice fields and barrier reef on her way. Last chance to look at them, they, ll be gone soon. Now, I wonder why.
It simply amazes me that somebody with your obvious intelligence and depth of education can't see the irony in this futile journey.
Thank for the vote of confidence ... But there is point on which we agree .. There is one rule for Government and another for the rest of us. My point remains ..That's Correct ...There Should Be and it is the responsibility of those in Government to use their good judgement as to when they should exercise it. You should be in a position to trust their judgement, otherwise you elect someone else. That is what I have been saying ..no more than that.

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Thank for the vote of confidence ... But there is point on which we agree .. There is one rule for Government and another for the rest of us. My point remains ..That's Correct ...There Should Be and it is the responsibility of those in Government to use their good judgement as to when they should exercise it. You should be in a position to trust their judgement, otherwise you elect someone else. That is what I have been saying ..no more than that.
Agreed. Perhaps time to vote in another shower.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
  • Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I disagree. It's nominally a democracy. Where the rule of law should apply equally to all. That include holding those we have elected to account for ways they are bribed and spend our money. Between elections, via a nominally free press.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Are we convinced about Boris going to Ukraine? Wouldn't surprise me if he was sat in his flat for a few days, just telling us all he is seeing Putin.. Seems a bit risky if he does go... Definetly needs an Airforce Plane for this one.....

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
Initially that's what I thought, it would be ZZ336 the Airbus Voyager which can be regularly seen carrying out its military function as an air to air refuelling tanker. After Johnson's £900,000 paint job it is difficult not to see it which is not ideal for a military aircraft.

Truss flew on G-XATW, an Airbus 321 neo operated by Titan Airways on behalf of the UK government. This is the aircraft Johnson used to travel from London to Newquay and back for the G7 summit and to Glasgow and back for COP26. It has also been painted in UK livery.
Another A21n, G-GBNI still to be painted in its UK livery, has been leased from Titan by the UK government.

There has also been talk of Johnson having a government helicopter put at his disposal. Perhaps he could use the same type as Nigel Farage, you never know, we might get lucky this time.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
got this from china today, free postage and no customs charges and the box was huge lol.

DSC_0157_03.JPG

it even came with batts for the eyes :p total days in transit 16 :cool:

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
got this from china today, free postage and no customs charges and the box was huge lol.

View attachment 45565

I hope you got a nice lump of dosh for product placement from Colgate-Palmolive.:)

• :D
Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Are we convinced about Boris going to Ukraine? Wouldn't surprise me if he was sat in his flat for a few days, just telling us all he is seeing Putin.. Seems a bit risky if he does go... Definetly needs an Airforce Plane for this one.....
A lot of RAF aircraft have ejector seats. Time for a demo a la zip wire?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I disagree. It's nominally a democracy. Where the rule of law should apply equally to all. That include holding those we have elected to account for ways they are bribed and spend our money. Between elections, via a nominally free press.
We can but dream - - - - - -

That's four of those dreams in your one short post ! :)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

View attachment 45565

How public spirited a chap you are! recycling plastic waste from China!
Very enterprising.
Does it pay well? :cool:

Reactions: Nev and flecc

Advertisers