Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No... Not after 26th. February. That was D day. Once Russian kit crossed into independent territory to impose their will by force of arms, they forfeited that opportunity. That is the point on which everyone else on this site disagrees with you.
Of course after 26th February, I clearly posted that. You replied to my post containing this:

"Failing that working and Russian forces massing on the border years later should have been met by him taking the high moral ground with Putin with this message to him, made public worldwide:"

Note, massing on the border, NOT having invaded.

It's this sort of misreading that makes it little wonder so many disagree, posting in reply to what they imagine I've posted.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
McDonalds out
starbucks out
Coca-Cola out
Pepsi out
rolex out
Ferrari out

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They appear to be pretty much a Renault subsidiary.
They are, but they have a fine range of modern cars now which have been praised by Autocar who've reviewed them, so in this respect sanctions won't trouble them.

Even if they didn't have Autovaz there wouldn't be a problem. Look at blockaded Cuba still driving their 1960s cars.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I hear Ukraines President Zelenskyy has phoned Putin pleading for talks and mentioning compromise repeatedly.

A bit late after all this destruction, killing and maiming. The time for compromise was at the beginning of this situation, or years before, as I've long been maintaining in this thread.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I hear Ukraines President Zelenskyy has phoned Putin pleading for talks and mentioning compromise repeatedly.

A bit late after all this destruction, killing and maiming. The time for compromise was at the beginning of this situation, or years before, as I've long been maintaining in this thread.
He's showing far greater leadership than putin. "Courage" as heyns (favourite lecturer at uni) used to say "is not a man with a gun in his hands".
Speaking of which. What could possibly be the kompromat on Biden?
I mean he obviously, visibly doesn't have any balls, so it can't possibly be sexual

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Positive feedback is a better way of putting it!
But here's a kicker as Americans say. Vayacheslav molotov, Russian foreign minister during ww2 (after which its named) was hated by Finns for claiming bombing runs over Finland in ww2 were humanitarian aid/food drops. Evidently lying as part of deliberately killing civilians is not a new russian strategy.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Truss' comment the other day about people being welcome to go and fight for Ukraine has been repeatedly rubbished by several, including ministers. Today:

The UK transport secretary, Grant Shapps, has warned against British soldiers traveling to Ukraine to illegally fight, saying it is a “dangerous situation”.

Hopefully that will be a big blot on her copybook.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
He's showing far greater leadership than putin. "Courage" as heyns (favourite lecturer at uni) used to say "is not a man with a gun in his hands".
Speaking of which. What could possibly be the kompromat on Biden?
I mean he obviously, visibly doesn't have any balls, so it can't possibly be sexual
What a mess up. The transfer should just have been done secretly . Now the problem is not really the USA..its Poland. They have the kit they could just as easy sell it or lease it or whatever to the Ukrainians, but they feared a Russian response. So their idea was to give it to the USA ,on the assumption that Russia would be more circumspect.. and so they announced it ... Pity they hadn't had a conversation with the Americans first!. I really cannot see the difference between aircraft and donating missiles

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
What a mess up. The transfer should just have been done secretly . Now the problem is not really the USA..its Poland. They have the kit they could just as easy sell it or lease it or whatever to the Ukrainians, but they feared a Russian response. So their idea was to give it to the USA ,on the assumption that Russia would be more circumspect.. and so they announced it ... Pity they hadn't had a conversation with the Americans first!. I really cannot see the difference between aircraft and donating missiles
So a few Ukrainian pilots cross the border, walk up to an airfield, see some Migs, amazing keys in ignition, plenty of fuel, fully armed, and nick them.

Poland radios "Please can we have our balls planes back!". Russian convoys get blasted.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Flecc,.. you are being disingenuous again . Zelensky has been asking for MEANINGFUL talks continuously .

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hope it's got a heated rear window to keep your hands warm when you're pushing it
As Oyster commented, Autovaz is very much a Renault subsidiary, today with 67% interest in the company. Their technology is very much Renault's, as you'd realise getting into one and seeing the touch-screen infotainment system. They've even got three fully electric Lada models, obviously technology from the Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi alliance.

This Lada crossover looks very much like a Renault one to me:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc,.. you are being disingenuous again . Zelensky has been asking for MEANINGFUL talks continuously .
That's history and I know that of course,

I am not being disingenuous, I quoted the BBC accurately on what they reported Zelenskyy did late yesterday in phoning Putin. They said pleading and there was no mention of asking or meaningful. The point was made that he repeatedly asked for compromise.

You are getting just as bad as the rest in here with your increasingly dishonest sniping at me, just like yesterday's misrepresenting what I posted to score a dishonest point.

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
And in other news...
Looks to be in an amazing state of preservation due to the lack of specific wood eating micro organisms eing active in Antarctica

TTFN
John.
I tend to associate Shackleton with the Lancaster derivative coastal command aircraft. My father was on them when stationed in Malta.

Incredibly good footage.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And in other news...
Looks to be in an amazing state of preservation due to the lack of specific wood eating micro organisms eing active in Antarctica

TTFN
John.
Will we see another "Mary Rose"? A fortune spent to raise it and seal it away in a huge glass case on exhibition?

I wouldn't be surprised, knowing our habit of prioritising history over current needs.

• Agree
Reactions: snafu and oyster

Advertisers