Brexit, for once some facts.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
View attachment 49186

that's how much it has generated from our 8 solar panels on the roof 8 i think but was installed buy the council but they have never been cleaned or had the inverter serviced since it was installed.
Does the excess feed into the grid and do you get paid? The owner of my local pub has panels at his home, tells me British Gas haven't paid him for 2 years because his smart meter can't connect. He's about to take them to Small Claims Court.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no the council gets the cash as they had them installed imo about 10 years ago.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
no the council gets the cash as they had them installed imo about 10 years ago.
They've even enslaved your roof! If you listen intently at night, it's murmuring this

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
funny thing is we have turned it off for about a month and no one says anything lol and it dont get serviced either but you would think they would at least clean the panels ready for summer but nope. :rolleyes:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
like everything you need massive power to do damage over distance.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Does the excess feed into the grid and do you get paid? The owner of my local pub has panels at his home, tells me British Gas haven't paid him for 2 years because his smart meter can't connect. He's about to take them to Small Claims Court.
Was this question directed at me?. If so the answer is not yet. Regulations were enacted by the Dail ..Irish parliament , last March , requiring that payment be made. In the case of people who have smart meters, that has been implemented, but as I don't yet have one , not yet. However an estimated amount will be credited to me., Backdated to March, and assuming a certain percentage of my output was fed back into the grid. That rate is at the old 16 cents per KW hr ..not the peak 43cents My array is 3.6KW peak, but configured in a Due South and West dual string configuration, so I would be getting less peak power ,but more sustained power over the day. My best daily intake was 24kwhrs on 20 july ,but even today which was very mixed rain cloud , sun it was 8.4kwhr

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0302_03.JPG

i got that from china and got it in 8 days no import fees or postage cost :p

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Was this question directed at me?. If so the answer is not yet. Regulations were enacted by the Dail ..Irish parliament , last March , requiring that payment be made. In the case of people who have smart meters, that has been implemented, but as I don't yet have one , not yet. However an estimated amount will be credited to me., Backdated to March, and assuming a certain percentage of my output was fed back into the grid. That rate is at the old 16 cents per KW hr ..not the peak 43cents My array is 3.6KW peak, but configured in a Due South and West dual string configuration, so I would be getting less peak power ,but more sustained power over the day. My best daily intake was 24kwhrs on 20 july ,but even today which was very mixed rain cloud , sun it was 8.4kwhr
My pub landlord has been taking photos of his readings as evidence for his court case - as they contain GPS co-ordinates, time and date in the EXIF data recorded by his phone camera app. That they're only planning on paying you estimates, seems wrong. And if they over-estimate, won't they screw you over again claw the excess back later?

is at the old 16 cents per KW hr
That's too low, considering the mad unit rate they're selling at! You've had the solar panels installed at your own cost. Very likely the result of lobbying.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
View attachment 49187

i got that from china and got it in 8 days no import fees or postage cost :p

8 days?!?!? How? Did it fly itself over? Must have already been in a UK warehouse?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
10 Oct 202201:06

Shipment information received

17 Oct 2022
18:06

This parcel has been delivered

06 Oct 2022
09:44

Shipment information received

17 Oct 2022
14:21

Custom clearance completed

still not got the last one but is moving again.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Do all Old Carthusians have the same resting rictus with eyes wide open expression Jeremy Cunt sports? If memory serves (and it does) the answer is yes: 100% of all I've met. Looks exhausting. The gene pool of the upper classes is too small. The rich really are different, and the same.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
bring back boris :p

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
My local council is giving away solar panels if you earn less than 30k....no strings attached they belong to you from day 1. I can see that happening more and more,like they did with free loft insulation.
Bit large for beer tokens?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
My local council is giving away solar panels if you earn less than 30k....no strings attached they belong to you from day 1. I can see that happening more and more,like they did with free loft insulation.
Happy to see no strings attached, ..those lads have to be very well bolted down, with expensive customised fittings... But seriously they should limit them to say 5 panels per household. . It is better that any limited supply be dispersed anf the 5 panels would give 1.2 Kw peak.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Do all Old Carthusians have the same resting rictus with eyes wide open expression Jeremy Cunt sports? If memory serves (and it does) the answer is yes: 100% of all I've met. Looks exhausting. The gene pool of the upper classes is too small. The rich really are different, and the same.

Maybe squirting a bit of xylometazoline or oxymetazoline nasal spray at the eyes. This contracts the tiny Müller’s muscle in the back of the upper eyelid to raise it, actually widening an open eye. It also constricts blood vessels, so the whites of the eyes appear whiter.

Similar to the old public school dodge of rubbing some foamed up soap onto the cheeks to give a rosy cheeked healthy look as it acts as an irritant, bringing blood to the surface.

The elite learn these tricks from each other to help them get ahead on special occasions in interviews, meetings etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

Advertisers