Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yes .. I felt it ended badly...
it's loosely based on current political personae. Nicol Trowbridge is BJ.
Would he desparately need his own war so he can play Churchill?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
:p

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
First Republic Bank has failed, taken over by FDIC and will be sold to JPMorgan.
The damage will probably be born by FDIC, the taxpayers.
How much more bad news that the BoE needs to come out and admit that it can't and won't push up interest rate?

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The short answer is none at the very top. You may re-arrange them like you would with dekchairs but you can't lose them.
those people at the commission are like ambassadors posted to a capital. They are there to be mouthpieces of their countries. You can't lose them unless you expell their country from the EU.
A similar question I would ask is which members of the royal family would you like to lose.

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
what do you think of the coronation next week? Is it necessary? Money well spent? Who actually pays for the pubic holiday?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
what do you think of the coronation next week? Is it necessary? Money well spent?
Completely opposed to every aspect, ceremony clinging onto ancient and now irrelevant ways in the modern world. The quicker we get rid of the entire institution of monarchy and privilege based societal structure, the better.

Who actually pays for the pubic holiday?
I don't think it has a fiscal cost, it just means going without sex and micturition for a day or so. ;)

Seriously, an extra pubLic holiday is paid for in a further loss of productivity and international competitiveness.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: guerney and Jimod

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
A similar question I would ask is which members of the royal family would you like to lose.
All of them. I've only met one person here who is in favour of having a royal mob.

• Agree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
what do you think of the coronation next week? Is it necessary? Money well spent? Who actually pays for the pubic holiday?
I didn’t mind. The coronation is probably irrelevant, but in general terms it can give some people a bit of happiness. Street parties, watching the ceremony on tv with other people and a bank holiday all brings people together. That can’t be a bad thing.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I thought we have to cut our spending.

• :D

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I thought we have to cut our spending.
It’s impossible to get that message across when energy company execs are taking money home in wheelbarrows, government cronies are making billions from dodgy contracts and the prime minister is so rich he doesn’t know how to use money.

Since Covid & furlough, people don’t like working anymore, so we may as well enjoy the coronation moment. It might be our last treat before the entire shitshow economy comes crashing down.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Visiting my wife in the care home today I found the residents all seated in the large lounge with their chairs organised as if in a cinema.
The care home had decorated the place to give it a "patriotic" air with flags and bunting and a laid out series of tables with a buffet.
The ones that were awake clearly enjoyed watching the coronation on the very large TV on the wall, and all had little Union Jack flags to wave.
It was very pleasing to see that the staff had made such an effort to add the sense of occasion for the residents.
I had to sit through an hour or so of the rubbish, but there was a moment of Karma when Charlie Boy intoned the new ritual words he had introduced into the ceremony
"I have come here to serve not to be served"
As usual the Beeb commentator had to immediately parrot his words as they inevitably do, but managed to make my day by saying
"I have come here to be served not to serve"
I love it when a plan falls gruesomely in ruins!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Visiting my wife in the care home today I found the residents all seated in the large lounge with their chairs organised as if in a cinema.
The care home had decorated the place to give it a "patriotic" air with flags and bunting and a laid out series of tables with a buffet.
The ones that were awake clearly enjoyed watching the coronation on the very large TV on the wall, and all had little Union Jack flags to wave.
It was very pleasing to see that the staff had made such an effort to add the sense of occasion for the residents.
I had to sit through an hour or so of the rubbish, but there was a moment of Karma when Charlie Boy intoned the new ritual words he had introduced into the ceremony
As usual the Beeb commentator had to immediately parrot his words as they inevitably do, but managed to make my day by saying
Good to hear from you again OG and particularly pleased to learn that your wife is in a care home, given how unavoidably stressful your life was previously.

I hope you are keeping well.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Or "wide backed vagina, camilla"?

• :D
Reactions: guerney

Advertisers