Brexit, for once some facts.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

any corporation will go bust kill every one and dont give a crap oh yeah that's life ;)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Tesla is going to make a £20k ev, tesla model 2 in Germany next year or 2025. I reckon they'll sell like hot cakes.

• :D
Reactions: flecc and tillson

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
BTW, is anyone watching the covid enquiry? Most of the stories are already known but they still give me a chill. How can a country like ours can be at the mercy of that useless bunch of public school boys is beyond me.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Tesla is going to make a £20k ev, tesla model 2 in Germany next year or 2025. I reckon they'll sell like hot cakes.
How? To get 50Kw, I'd need to spend over 25k on downtube batteries. People wanting powerwalls could buy one and discard the car.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Price of LFP per kwh is about £120, so 50kwh don't amount to much. There is good margin in power wall storage batteries.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Surely 250 mile range capable conversions of old bangers of can cost less than 20k? Different conversion systems are available, all overpriced - with economies of scale, a cheap easy to install open design could be possible? Then the only people not replaced by AI in 10 years will be those who convert and repair them, and personnel for population control. ICE car conversions have been discussed before here and on other threads, I'm still waiting for @jonathan.agnew's Healy(?) conversion thread to appear in the S pedelecs section.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Now we know how COVID attacks your heart

The study also found that the virus can survive and grow inside the cells that form plaque

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20231108_233323[1].jpg

yet they both have nhs def aids with mics and speakers fkn twats :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20231109_011516[1].jpg

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20231109_020432[1].jpg

:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
seriously though, there is a real need for sub £20 EVs.
Indeed there is, something between the grossly over-simplified Citroen Ami and the circa £30k MG.

But it won't come from Tesla. They've made this sort of claim before. Like claiming the Model 3 would be as affordable as the Nissan Leaf when that cost well under £30k, but the cheapest Model 3 actually costing at least £39k at launch.

However, while the need exists, it doesn't necessarily make sense. For decades manufacturers have got fed up with working very hard competing with each other to make cheap, small i.c. cars for Europe's small car market. Making no profit on them at all, they've had to try to scrape some profit from the minority of up market models they made.

That's why GM pulled right out, virtually giving away the Vauxhall and Opel brands to PSA (Peugeot-Citroen owned by Stellantis), and why Ford has seriously considered doing the same.

Hence almost all the makers seizing the opportunity afforded by e-cars to go up market and start to create a mainstream car market that is profitable.

That makes perfect sense, working far less hard to make better profits from making far fewer cars. That fits the political objective of weaning people off car ownership dependence so they have all the national governments backing, while having the EU and USA imposing anti-dumping tariffs on cheap Chinese products.

Elon Musk won't find it easy to break that cartel.

Reactions: tillson

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Indeed there is, something between the grossly over-simplified Citroen Ami and the circa £30k MG.

But it won't come from Tesla. They've made this sort of claim before. Like claiming the Model 3 would be as affordable as the Nissan Leaf when that cost well under £30k, but the cheapest Model 3 actually costing at least £39k at launch.

However, while the need exists, it doesn't necessarily make sense. For decades manufacturers have got fed up with working very hard competing with each other to make cheap, small i.c. cars for Europe's small car market. Making no profit on them at all, they've had to try to scrape some profit from the minority of up market models they made.

That's why GM pulled right out, virtually giving away the Vauxhall and Opel brands to PSA (Peugeot-Citroen owned by Stellantis), and why Ford has seriously considered doing the same.

Hence almost all the makers seizing the opportunity afforded by e-cars to go up market and start to create a mainstream car market that is profitable.

That makes perfect sense, working far less hard to make better profits from making far fewer cars. That fits the political objective of weaning people off car ownership dependence so they have all the national governments backing, while having the EU and USA imposing anti-dumping tariffs on cheap Chinese products.

Elon Musk won't find it easy to break that cartel.
i think Pedelecs needs an Electric Car side to it.
Although I don’t contribute much these days, I still like to look in. It’s a good place to find balanced & non-biased information.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
i think Pedelecs needs an Electric Car side to it.
Although I don’t contribute much these days, I still like to look in. It’s a good place to find balanced & non-biased information.
Also an electric motorbike section - @AGS is converting a Puch Maxi.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
it's possible to pick up a model 3 (standard range plus) with very few miles for not much over £20k, but sadly not with lifepo4 (that should last indefinitely).
As for the public schoolboys/girls running the shitshow, i gather the conservative electorate is in for their next (post truss) IQ test

here's to hoping they fail..

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Surely 250 mile range capable conversions of old bangers of can cost less than 20k? Different conversion systems are available, all overpriced - with economies of scale, a cheap easy to install open design could be possible? Then the only people not replaced by AI in 10 years will be those who convert and repair them, and personnel for population control. ICE car conversions have been discussed before here and on other threads, I'm still waiting for @jonathan.agnew's Healy(?) conversion thread to appear in the S pedelecs section.
design is not i think the problem (on a chain drive like a berkeley microcar it's almost plug and play), but batteries are (lifepo4 are cheap, indefinitely rechargeable, but heavy - 1.2kwh of reasonable quality (in 12v/100Ah as one may use on a boat to power equipment)can be had for £300, but weigh 20kg..)

Advertisers