Broken BMS Phylion Battery JCEB360-8.8 - Help

constantin_d

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 8, 2019
Romania, Bucuresti
Good day,

My name is Constantin Drosu.
I have purchased a used Maino Elettra electric bike with Suzhou Phylion Battery JCEB360-8.8.
It seems that the BMS board from inside the battery is broken. After some discution with the owner I found that he opened the battery for some checks and plugged by mistake the charger handshake connector into the BMS configuration socket (SDA SCL one) instead of the correct handshake socket. Now when I connect the cells connector to the BMS board, the management integrated circuit gets very hot. I imagine that SDA SCL Clock Gate is shorted somehow and the IC gets hot because the processor is trying to start the serial comunication port.
The integrated circuit of BMS is OZ8940ATN produced by O2Micro and the battery has 36V 8.8 Ah with 10 cells Li-ion.
I have the expertise to understand and repair a BMS circuit, but the only solution I can see in this situation is to replace the entire board or the integrated circuit.
Unfortunately I can't find any documentation or datasheet of this integrated circuit and I don't know if before to put in service the new part needs some configuration regarding number of cells, current draw, cells capacity etc.
Also I can't find this IC anywhere in Europe, just one website in China.
Can anyone of you help me with some advices? Maybe where I can find an replacement board or an equivalent BMS board or IC that can work with the Phylion Charger with handshake system?
Or any other solution..? I am all ears :).
Cells are in good condition so I don't want to change them.
Please see photos for see the battery and circuit board.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Drosu Constantin

Attachments

Advertisers