Help! C300 Handlebar Display

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Controller arrived this morning ready for install tutorial
Start by connecting the LCD, the battery, the motor and the throttle. make sure that all wires match colour to colour on each side of the connectors. Do all this before routing all the cables and tying them down.

Next, switch everything on and test the motor with the throttle. If it doesn't go or runs rough, do not hold the throttle open and do not open it fully.

Report back when you get that far, and I'll give instructions on how to deal with the PAS and speed sensor.

David Kerr

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 13, 2020
Are there any drawings available which identifies the Various wires coming out of the controller or is it best to trace the ones from the existing controller to the various parts

David Kerr

Oct 13, 2020
Just checking on something. When I opened the wire from my existing controller to the motor I discovered six very fine wires in addition to the three larger diameter wires (blue green & yellow) marked as motor wires. Would I be correct in assuming these are what is referred to as the Hall Sensor on the drawing which you referred me to as they are blue, green, yellow, black, white and red. I know you haven't said to connect this yet but I was just wondering if my assumptions are correct.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Just checking on something. When I opened the wire from my existing controller to the motor I discovered six very fine wires in addition to the three larger diameter wires (blue green & yellow) marked as motor wires. Would I be correct in assuming these are what is referred to as the Hall Sensor on the drawing which you referred me to as they are blue, green, yellow, black, white and red. I know you haven't said to connect this yet but I was just wondering if my assumptions are correct.
Yes that has to be connected. The white wire is the speed sensor; blue, yellow and green are hall sensors; red and black are the 5v power supply for them.

David Kerr

Oct 13, 2020
Finally got around to making my initial connections all looks good with the display responding unfortunately I can’t get the motor to run as the display shows an error code3 which relates to Motor Hall Signal Abnormality. I know you had said not to connect the PAS and speed sensor but you didn’t mention the Hall sensor should I connect it now.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes, you will need to connect the hall lines. 03 should then clear.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Tell us the PAS colours ?
If both connector sides have Red and Black wires then make sure Red connects to Red, Black to Black and the last wire on both sides is the signal so just connect.
Same for the speed sensor connection, if you don't have a dedicated speed sensor to controller connector you can still connect a sensor up.

David Kerr

Oct 13, 2020
Tell us the PAS colours ?
If both connector sides have Red and Black wires then make sure Red connects to Red, Black to Black and the last wire on both sides is the signal so just connect.
Same for the speed sensor connection, if you don't have a dedicated speed sensor to controller connector you can still connect a sensor up.
All connected working fine many thanks for all of your assistance